IGNORED

Is this the new crest?

Louis

Think Duffy realised he'd been a bit of an idiot about it.

Although, abusing him for what he said was out of order.

not sure mate, think hes only saying that because of the club statement. if the club hadnt come out with this, would he have gone against them? I highly doubt it, especially given his initial reaction (which he didnt have to share).

Abuse was uncalled for though...

Did you see Keith Wyness' comment on twitter? He said had he been in a similar situation to Elstone, he'd have offered his resignation after the apology.

Easy to say that when he's not in Elstone's position.

I'll let sleeping dogs lie, but I do wonder why he is not in Elstone's position.

Guest blueboy122

Does anyone know anything about that dismissal of Wyness?

Sounds like someone inside the club owed Elstone a huge a favour and got him the job.

Strange circumstances.

Basically out of 9 previous crests:

6 - have featured the tower

6 - have also featured teh wreath's

4 - have featured the motto

4 - have said EFC

4 - have said Everton (although in slightly different guises)

what's funny really is that so many people have kicked off like they've just changed a crest that has been around for a hundred years.

I don't know why the crest changed after just 1 year in 82/83 but clearly it wasn't the missing motto wasn't the major issue.

I saw people mention about the word "Everton" being underneath...it already was!

I guess one of the big issues for people is this is the longest period where it has stayed the same and you can almost include the 90's era one where it was very similar as well so it feels like it's been the same for a life time.

Quite frankly i'm not bothered what the crest looks like but hopefully someone comes up with an improved design next year that meets more peoples approval.

I saw people mention about the word "Everton" being underneath...it already was!

Everton isn't underneath on the new badge, it's inside, and it makes the badge look bloated and is why the badge has to be so big on the merchandise IMO. Either have it underneath the crest or not at all.

But personally, I'm not bothered about what's on this badge, or what's missing from the badge that some people have taken issue with, I just think it looks horrible. Cheap. Shit. Even if the laurels and Nil Satis don't return when they have their rethink I won't be complaining as long as it's a more classy, less cartoonish effort.

I'm in agreement with you Mark. It just doesn't look "Everton".

It seems there's now a campaign to have Robert Elstone and Paul Tyrell (EFC Communications Director) sacked on the back of it.

A site called EvertonArntWe.com had leaked a document believed to be written by Tyrell when he was LFC, it was a dossier on who which journalists were against Hicks and Gillette when at Liverpool.

Not too sure about what Elstone has done - other than sign off on the badge. It's a high profile error though, each time the team wear it next season is a stark reminder of the mistake.

Didnt realise there had been so many changes, When you look at some of the previous ones theres not much wrong with the latest one.

efc__1369492743_placeholder7.jpg

It does not feel very Everton, but I love that 82-83 Crest. I wish the club would do a couple throwback t-shirts. I would buy one with that crest on it; very classy indeed.

Bill Kenwright, Everton Chairman & Marketing Genius!!

How to shaft 22,000+ people in one fell swoop! This guy would fire Lord Alan Sugar!

Bill knows the soul of our fan base intimately. He's a fan himself. He knew altering the badge in this way would start this. So, out of nowhere, he comes to the rescue as it transpires Elstone & Co went against his wishes but now they've learned their lesson and so they'll change the badge again for the season after next and the fans can choose it.

Result! Kerching! Merchandise with 'Limited Edition' badge! "Roll up! Roll up! One season only! When it's gone we'll get some more!!"

Brilliant, Bill! Genius! He'll limit the number of items people can buy, next..... and then..... "Ah go on, then! Have what you want!"

Cant Argue with that idea Rom. Its the peoples clubs and brand changes should offer the people some kind of choice.

It's 'The peoples club' is just a Moyes comment that stuck. It's not a legal and binding agreement to include fans in business decisions. I love Chocolate Hobnobs but I'm fairly sure they won't be asking me permission to add a new wrapper.

It's 'The peoples club' is just a Moyes comment that stuck. It's not a legal and binding agreement to include fans in business decisions. I love Chocolate Hobnobs but I'm fairly sure they won't be asking me permission to add a new wrapper.

I get angered when I see Kit Kats getting all the exposure in vending machines - why they get all the coverage and we are left with the last 10 cm of the aisle??? I often think back to the glorious 80's when Hob Nobs were at their peak, one nible and your nobbled.

My tears of relief when we avoided being relegated to a Netto's own brand in the 90's. I just wish they were marketed correctly, I mean these johnny come lately's like Trackers taking up the limelight - what history do they have??? where were they when it was us Rich Tea, Digestive, Nice, and Bourbon Creams looking to create a biscuit super league???

But we will always have our wrapper to remind us of who we are and what wer achieved eh?