IGNORED

Is this the new crest?

Louis

It's not confirmed that Nike lead the process, but the club have said they were consulted.

Man city also changed their badge from being stitched into the shirt directly, to being printed onto a a fabric shield that's stitched into the shirt.

ZD4hYjC.jpg

NCQ3kqK.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

As Fearthainn said it is shocking and rediculous...When I play pro evolution soccer as the beloved toffees I make my own crests for the shirt.. It's probably not very good but my profile picture is my current idea..It may not be fantastic but its probably better than what we have to look at next season.

Granted I forgot to remove the star but could we not actually have one from UEFA for winning one of their european competitions like FIFA finally gave england?

Edited by timtoffee23

Far too much negativity being spread.

It's nowhere near as bad as folk make out. Marketing wise, it's better for smaller images etc, and a million times better for Photoshop work too I might add. Had we qualified for the top 4 and not had the Moyes fiasco, most people wouldn't have been so upset, or at least not as much. Because there is no football on etc, people have little else to discuss ... other than how much they don't like the kit either, or the shite players we're linked with, or the AGM, or anything else worth moaning about. God help us once the transfer window ends, and we've only signed Kevin Davies on a free. :rofl:

Still bubbling Haf' ?

Apparently it's Alan Myers' job to sort it out when he arrives in August. He said it was a top priority for him.

I think it's important to remain angered when you've been wronged. If they had gone about it the right way and the vast majority of fans agreed with the badge, I would accept it even if I didn't like it. The fact that it didn't happen like that is clearly the reason we have to accept a pathetic image on our shirts next year.

So yeah, fuckin annoyed at the underhand way in which we've been treated yet again. It all adds up to me having no trust in the people running the club.

Well there is really a couple of ways where the new crest can come from when it's sorted out from the travesty we have to put up with for this season... One would be in form of a competition from fans on which fans could submit their ideas and the FANS choose which they like and goes into a final 4 etc or for the same thing to happen but with the club coming up with it and fan participation where we as the fans of the club choose the one we like that they come up with.

Other teams have done things in that matter when it comes to shirts for a season...Ones i know of being Sheffield wednesday and Ebbsfleet United.

Fan interaction in the long run WILL keep fans happy at the end of the day and these tactics they used to change our beloved crest is disgusting.

I don't mind the new kit... and also didn't mind the new badge. But having a look at the latest 'kids' kits with no sponsor markings, just the badge looks a bit off.

It's because it's not made by Nike, Everton have produced it themselves.

I didn't realise this at first and wondered why the kids kits looked to be a different blue.

It's because it's not made by Nike, Everton have produced it themselves.

I didn't realise this at first and wondered why the kids kits looked to be a different blue.

The junior kit is by Nike http://evertondirect.evertonfc.com/stores/everton/products/kit_selector.aspx?pid=130558

The infant kit isn't: http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2013/07/02/new-kits-for-baby-blues

I know, by kids kit I meant infant.

It's exactly the same as what they provided last season, so I was wrong when I said they'd improved this season.

Probably can't promote alcohol on shirts designed for under 18's?

That's the reason and it was like that since Chang first sponsored us when we were with Le Coq so we can't blame Nike for that!

Edited by Kohen

That's the reason and it's been like that since Chang first sponsored us so we can't blame Nike for that!

Being pedantic maybe but Chang was only dropped from junior shirts from the 2008/9 season (Josh was well pissed off), so for the first four seasons they sponsored us it was on them.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been bored this evening, whilst the misses is at fat camp.

I thought i'd 'have a go' at making some changes to the current badge. I set myself a brief of using the same components which are already present on the badge and ONLY allowing myself to add elements that have been universally agreed, should be on the badge.

Please excuse the pixelated images, I've done this on Word and Paint, so they don't look professional, just enough to see what idea I was running with.

Anyway, here they are. Feedback welcome.

Crest2_zps46786e97.jpg

Crest1_zpsdaf3f576.jpg

Crest3_zpsfa310828.jpg

And that one was NOT a direct copy of the barca badge, nor was it designed because we are blatantly hoping to become the British Barca :unsure: ahaha. Ok, that one was a jokey one :)

I quite like the wreath in the background

Sounds a bit morbid doesn't it. I prefer Laurel Leaves, but of those designs, the fact of the matter being, the change they've done just simply doesn't sit right.

Tried to say more but lost half the work as the retrieve function wasn't fully operative and not only that, been having severe technical difficulties, but say again, have to be in the majority that simply took issue with the new crest design. All clubs go through a change of insignia at one time or another, and it's not always for the better, but what they've done now, just can't get used to it. Wouldn't go as far to say it's horrendous, but for sure they should simply have left it at it was if that's the best they could come up with.