IGNORED

Is this the new crest?

Louis

Maybe if they launched the new crest with the new home shirt right away, instead of us mspaint it to the old kit, it wouldn't be that bad. The badge alone sucks, but maybe it looks good on the new kit. We'll never know, because they never launch the new kit until christmas if we're lucky.

Fair play to them for that.

BUT. The badge leaked a while ago and the views were negative then, the club could've done something about it sooner (and maybe in time for the new season).

Yet another example of how they 'hope' the fans will roll over and take whatever they prescribe for our club. Simply not good enough. That attempt at an apology only came because of the complete criticism it rightly attracted.

I said I would post no more on this, but since then the club reacted in a way they probably feel would be proper... Unfortunately as Romey said, they knew fans were against this a while ago. They just as usual expect us to just go away...

For the many who had faith is the current set up - surely they must be doubting them now. To those who never had any confidence - they have been justified.

Fair play to them for that.

BUT. The badge leaked a while ago and the views were negative then, the club could've done something about it sooner (and maybe in time for the new season).

Im shocked that they listened! Im sure they ignored the pre-release feedback as a couple of people and, probably as most thought it was a joke of sorts, noone made as big a deal out of it as they did with the official release.

The one Ten posted is easily the best, and really hope its a strong contender when (if) they really do go ahead with a review for the 14/15 review.

Agree with the above two posts.

- It's good of them to come out with a statement but;

- The badge leaked a while ago and everyone hated it and therefore should have been questioned then.

- Even though it's hard to give every Evertonian an opinion the committee might not change much. I can't see myself for example getting an invite so I don't know how many of our voices will be heard.

The apology read something like this to me:

"Blimey, if we knew the badge change would cause so much aggro we would have included you all instead of the 10 hand picked nodding dogs we use to justify that we include fans feedback. Really you are all just scared of change, don't you understand modern technological changes? So what the NSNO is removed! You will see it bandied around on a few pieces of merchandise. Just before you all blame Bill, it's important for me to ensure he takes no stick for this, i'm sure he cast his eyes on the creations but he liked them. Anyway we apologise, there's nothing we can do about it now but we will involve you next time - unlucky"

The apology read something like this to me:

"Blimey, if we knew the badge change would cause so much aggro we would have included you all instead of the 10 hand picked nodding dogs we use to justify that we include fans feedback. Really you are all just scared of change, don't you understand modern technological changes? So what the NSNO is removed! You will see it bandied around on a few pieces of merchandise. Just before you all blame Bill, it's important for me to ensure he takes no stick for this, i'm sure he cast his eyes on the creations but he liked them. Anyway we apologise, there's nothing we can do about it now but we will involve you next time - unlucky"

Ah thanks for translating Haf. Didnt know you were fluent in pessimism..oh wait. :lol::P

I am right in thinking that the badge will change again (after fan consultation - public vote) for the 2014/15 season?

Im going to believe it when I see a change. Before then, the pessimist in me will expect them to review it and, despite all the input, acknowledge that this design is the best and nothing will change....