IGNORED

Is this the new crest?

Louis

I get angered when I see Kit Kats getting all the exposure in vending machines - why they get all the coverage and we are left with the last 10 cm of the aisle??? I often think back to the glorious 80's when Hob Nobs were at their peak, one nible and your nobbled.

My tears of relief when we avoided being relegated to a Netto's own brand in the 90's. I just wish they were marketed correctly, I mean these johnny come lately's like Trackers taking up the limelight - what history do they have??? where were they when it was us Rich Tea, Digestive, Nice, and Bourbon Creams looking to create a biscuit super league???

But we will always have our wrapper to remind us of who we are and what wer achieved eh?

Lol Haf, you do keep a smile on my face sometimes.

I get angered when I see Kit Kats getting all the exposure in vending machines - why they get all the coverage and we are left with the last 10 cm of the aisle??? I often think back to the glorious 80's when Hob Nobs were at their peak, one nible and your nobbled.

My tears of relief when we avoided being relegated to a Netto's own brand in the 90's. I just wish they were marketed correctly, I mean these johnny come lately's like Trackers taking up the limelight - what history do they have??? where were they when it was us Rich Tea, Digestive, Nice, and Bourbon Creams looking to create a biscuit super league???

But we will always have our wrapper to remind us of who we are and what wer achieved eh?

Love it haha! just whats needed during a stressful day at work.

I don't understand half of this, but I enjoyed all of this.

Drinking in the afternoon is a terrible thing.

Bill Kenwright, Everton Chairman & Marketing Genius!!

How to shaft 22,000+ people in one fell swoop! This guy would fire Lord Alan Sugar!

Bill knows the soul of our fan base intimately. He's a fan himself. He knew altering the badge in this way would start this. So, out of nowhere, he comes to the rescue as it transpires Elstone & Co went against his wishes but now they've learned their lesson and so they'll change the badge again for the season after next and the fans can choose it.

Result! Kerching! Merchandise with 'Limited Edition' badge! "Roll up! Roll up! One season only! When it's gone we'll get some more!!"

Brilliant, Bill! Genius! He'll limit the number of items people can buy, next..... and then..... "Ah go on, then! Have what you want!"

Am I missing something? So far as I read into things, the club wanted to modernize the clubs logo. A team was put together (not by Bill) and failed to deliver. How is Bill the fall guy, again?! Or is he just the easiest person to point the finger at?

It is the badge we deserves - but not the badge we need right

Not sure its a badge a rapist deserves, but love the reference ;)

Always the easiest target Matt.

Bill hires the commercial director to do his job. Commercial director signs life away to Nike, which wasn't (but now is) his job. Nike hires the design team to 'design', which is their job. Design team 'consult' (but don't really) and come up with some piece of shite, which is their job. Marketing team release design team's 'efforts', which is their job. Fan backlash, which is their job. FFS Bill!!!!

He hired the first man, so it's all his fault. :shaking fist:

Very strongly worded. I feel sad about it all, but I do agree with them. But not necessarily from the antics this week.

After KW left my uncle and a few of his friends who sat in the 100 club had a meeting with Elstone and part of his corporate sales team. My uncle got the impression Elstone was ambitious and wanted to improve where KW had left off, but he made out his hands were tied with a lot of things within the club that he wanted to work on. I trust my uncles judgement and always gave my backing to Elstone (there will be historic posts I've made saying I think he will turn it around) but I've ended up underwhelmed by a lot of things about the club in the last few years. After the JJB deal I was so excited that kitbag would sort things out. Finally getting a store in town, a much improved website, and better terms in the deal. But then when you notice he tied us into a ten year deal at a pretty average rate, basically because we can't run our own merchandise side of things is just pretty poor. When we bring in Nike, well kitbag bring in Nike, and we get no money from the deal, and you still can't buy the products from anywhere other than the club shops, again, not good enough. The continued Chang deals, that don't pay anywhere near the amount clubs around us are getting. We are always being told that we are breaking club records, but the truth of the mater is we have had such poor club management for such a long time that the records being broken are poor anyway.

Maybe he shouldn't resign from the whole badge debacle, but he might want to consider if he is still good enough to run a premiership football club.

I don't like to say it, but I have my reservations.

Am I missing something? So far as I read into things, the club wanted to modernize the clubs logo. A team was put together (not by Bill) and failed to deliver. How is Bill the fall guy, again?! Or is he just the easiest person to point the finger at?

Not sure its a badge a rapist deserves, but love the reference ;)

I wasn't pointing the finger at him.... quite the opposite.... although the post could be taken as loaded with sarcasm and scepticism it was meant in earnest but the intent is perhaps lost because of the feeling from some about Bill in general. Bill is ace and a far more astute and hard-nosed businessman than many give him credit for.

Oh, and for the record, it's part of a Chairman's role to be an easy target but that, again, was not the intent.

Peace! :)

I wouldn't call Bill a hard nosed businessman, to be honest I wouldn't call him a businessman at all. I actually don't think he would call himself a businessman.

He is a damn good producer of musicals and surrounded himself and his production company with the cream of expertise in his field to run his company. He may well be the MD of BKL, but he has a full team of execs who do a great job of turning his work into a success.

Unfortunately, when doing the same thing with EFC the people he's brought in haven't done as good a job as the staff at BKL.

I hope no one thinks that's any sort of insult of Bill. If anything it's quite the opposite.

You don't think he's a hard nosed businessman because he chooses the right people to work for him, apart from at EFC. I do think he's a hard nosed businessman. That makes us quite the opposite, fortunately, and means another meaningless discussion can now gather pace.

I also think he's a great leader but, newbie or not, I'm not going to attempt to explain myself again although the desire to be liked makes me feel quite the opposite.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/may/29/everton-club-badge-fans-motto

This whole article is a dig at Everton fans, and the club in general really.

I don't think it is, Paul Wilson himself is an Evertonian.

He says "Everton" on the badge is superfluous, I'd agree with that.

He says his Latin teacher told him Nil Satis Nisi Optimum makes no sense. Probably the case; (Nil - nothing, Satis - enough, Nisi - except, Optimum - best)

I don't think it is, Paul Wilson himself is an Evertonian.

He says "Everton" on the badge is superfluous, I'd agree with that.

He says his Latin teacher told him Nil Satis Nisi Optimum makes no sense. Probably the case; (Nil - nothing, Satis - enough, Nisi - except, Optimum - best)

Its about right though isnt it ........ nothings enough except best

You don't think he's a hard nosed businessman because he chooses the right people to work for him, apart from at EFC. I do think he's a hard nosed businessman. That makes us quite the opposite, fortunately, and means another meaningless discussion can now gather pace.

I also think he's a great leader but, newbie or not, I'm not going to attempt to explain myself again although the desire to be liked makes me feel quite the opposite.

No, I think he's not a hard nosed businessman by his public demeanour. He does not come across as hard nosed, he comes across as approachable, friendly, open, and generally not as aggressive or defiant as say Alan Sugar.

You don't need to change an opinion in order to be liked, we both see a different side of someone, we disagree. It's not a problem, it's perfectly normal, if we all agreed there would be no need for a forum.

No, I think he's not a hard nosed businessman by his public demeanour. He does not come across as hard nosed, he comes across as approachable, friendly, open, and generally not as aggressive or defiant as say Alan Sugar.

You don't need to change an opinion in order to be liked, we both see a different side of someone, we disagree. It's not a problem, it's perfectly normal, if we all agreed there would be no need for a forum.

We'll have to disagree about Bill, then, as aggression and defiance are miles away from being hard nosed.... in anything........ but that's as it is.

I'm glad we agree on something, though, and that there's no problem.

It's ok cake, wouldn't it be boring if we all had the same ideas?

Stick around the forum, more members keep the place alive, never think you can't post your opinion. It might get heated from time to time but it's all part of the fun.

On topic, I do think he's a good businessman in his other business. I only disagree with hard nosed.

It's ok cake, wouldn't it be boring if we all had the same ideas?

Stick around the forum, more members keep the place alive, never think you can't post your opinion. It might get heated from time to time but it's all part of the fun.

On topic, I do think he's a good businessman in his other business. I only disagree with hard nosed.

I'll be sticking around thanks StevO. I'm not that precious to think I'm not allowed to post (that was a poor attempt at cyber-sarcasm which, yet again, doesn't always come across in the right way), neither do I expect/hope to be everyone's friend (or enemy, come to that). I'm not someone who will have a hissy fit because someone disagrees with me or pulls me up on something.

We just don't agree on what does and doesn't constitute being a hard nosed businessman - no harm done, nobody's hurt, etc

Cheers