IGNORED

Is this the new crest?

Louis

who gives a shit how much the kit deal is worth - Barca kept sponsors off their shirts at a cost of millions to keep within the tradition of the club. If we were to get £50m just to have this piece of shit on our shirts I would still question it... it fucking awful!!!!

How ironic, years after the monstrous NTL deal, Kings dock and flat pack stadium fuck ups, the hierarchy at the club may well get truly exposed as being the useless pricks they really are over a badge redesign.

ANGRY

Edited by Hafnia

Yeah, I know all about getting angry.

Seems as though the general consensus is that it's a poor design and many not in favor, and have to be in that group. They can put it on whatever merchandise they see fit, but the bottom line is it's simply a sorry looking thing and maybe in time I (and others) can hold it in a better light but as of now, don't really know what they were thinking. The Saint Ruperts Tower has morphed, although truer to it's actual shape than the old design and the 1878 and club name moved to the inside now, and some tampering with significant colors. All said, and everyone has had their say or been in general agreement, it's a step back and this has caused significant frustration.

I think it looks too big, a bit bloated tbh. Probably due to the Everton being inside the crest. That's what's making me dislike it as much as I do. Not the lack of laurels or the motto.

I said it is growing on me. But I agree, the bottom half of the crest looks abnormally bloated, and that's what puts me off it a little. It reminds me of something, but just can't put my finger on it. Giggity!!

I wouldn't want us to change back to the old crest. It's happened now so let's just move on - I'd rather we just changed the badge again next year to something totally new than completely scrap an idea.

No matter how many signatures they get on that petition it won't do anything. Nike have probably already given the green light on the plans for next years shirt and won't waste money re-calling the first few batches.

It looks worse on the merchandise than it does in isolation. It looks like the badge has been taken off one shirt and sewn onto another.

We are a club that are proud of our history and tradition and for me this badge takes all that away. It looks like an American gimmick that I would expect to see on an NFL or MLB franchise. I just dont see why anyone at the club would have given this the go ahead.

Some say the Echo is going to print a big article about the fan's displeasure with the new badge (http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fc-fans-disappointment-modern-4019362?mobile=false)

I think the silence from the club again regarding the release of the image has pissed people off. However, in defence, it was Sunday today and it's Bank Holiday tomorrow, so I doubt anything will be said until Tuesday.

I just don't like the proportions of the badge, it is MASSIVE on the polo shirts, I doesn't look that bad on the pic Louis posted on my behalf but I can honestly say, it looks rediculous up close. It's about 4" tall...it's huge.

Some fan made versions have been creeping up on GOT and I can honestly say, some of their versions are better. One in particular, looks very nice :)

Edited by tenaciousj

Its been changed throughout the history of the club, I think this is about the 3rd or 4th different layout.

Its inevitable that things will be updated on a regular basis, the powers that be decided it was time to do it again, tho i do think this one is a bit basic, cheap and nasty is another way of describing it.

But to start talking of petitions and mutiny is OTT, i cant be arsed one way or the other really, its not the badge on the shirt that i worship, its the Club and the players inside the shirt.

Edited by Bill

Someone made this, thoughts?

pbs.twimg.com/media/BIdug0KCEAI0uXH.jpg

Really like it apart from the Everton at the bottom of the tower. If it had the tower from the new crest it would be awesome. The new crest tower is more life-like as it isn't especially tall in real life

I don't get why all the focus is on Everton being on the badge and Rupert's tower looking more realistic. It's an Everton badge, it shouldn't need the clubs name on the badge, above or below is fine. Why lose the wreaths and motto, probs the most meaningful things for the badges statement? Their dismissal accepts we're going to win feck all from now on.

The club had 3 things to focus on.

Where we're from? Rupert's Tower. They could have considered a different piece of Everton's heritage. Everton's not even near Rupert's tower any more why not change the club name to Walton instead as its truer? I'd imagine that to be laughed out, can't imagine why the fat tower wasn't.

We are winners? Wreaths. could have added stars maybe although I like the wreaths as they make the badge classy.

Why we are winners? Motto. Could have translated it to English or moved it to the collar. Maybe an Alan Ball quote anything that represented the Everton way. Nar, let's just write Everton instead.

I like the one above from TheKrow without the latin around the outside.

I have looked at the new badge more times now and still like it. I like how the tower actually resembles the tower in real life.

However, i do agree that it feels a bit bland and as if something isnt quite right.

I have always liked the now old badge but can see how it is a bit to 'busy' for todays digital world.

If people feel signing a petition to get their point across is required, then fair play. But unless a huge significant number sign it, a hell of a lot more than the current 14k...thinking of our worldwide fanbase...then it wont change. I think all merchandise will already be done with the new badge on. Like it or not, this stuff will sell.

I know the latin is part of the club, but it has been missing from our badge for most of our history, as have the wreathes. I think they are important to the club, but not the do all and end all of our badge. The latin will remain at the stadium etc and will always be part of us.

who gives a shit how much the kit deal is worth - Barca kept sponsors off their shirts at a cost of millions to keep within the tradition of the club. If we were to get £50m just to have this piece of shit on our shirts I would still question it... it fucking awful!!!!

How ironic, years after the monstrous NTL deal, Kings dock and flat pack stadium fuck ups, the hierarchy at the club may well get truly exposed as being the useless pricks they really are over a badge redesign.

ANGRY

Coming from someone who is always angry at how we don't take enough commercial revenue, saying you'd turn down £50 million to change badge is frankly ridiculous and short sighted.

I'll put it down to the red mist!!

I agree though, it looks like someone's done it on Microsoft paint!!

Edited by MatthewT