IGNORED

Kevin Strootman

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/04/22/everton-target-dutch-international-midfielder-as-potential-marouane-fellaini-replacement/

They're not giving us a source, so I presume they used their own contacts. I wrote some articles for that blog for a little while and I must say, they don't just write stuff on their own without very good reasons...

About Strootman: he's 23, always startes in PSV's lineup, he's very talented, he's linked with Manchester United, etc... but he's very inconsistent.

To my personal opinion, he's seriously overpriced. There is a small chance that he's the next Carrick or Gerrard, but let's be serious for a while... I think there's a bigger chance that this guy would be a massive disappointment. He's supposed to be "the next big thing" from the Netherlands, so was Royston Drenthe once. He's just got that nonchalance that typically characterizes a potential failure. I don't want to bum anyone out, this is my honest opinion. I have the same opinion about Vadis Odjidja btw and he's a midfielder for the team I actively support. Midfielders need consistence.

I couldn't read anything for fucking commercials.

And this is a Netherlands player. We usually only get Belgian news from you with everything from TinTin to this years best kept garden in Antwerp ?

I've never heard of his Strootman player before until today. Seems a good player, highly talked of, and a promising player, but we had that before with Van Der Meyde and look how that turned out. Manchester United were poised to make a swoop a month ago but nothing occured. It's a name that may be worth further inspection though.

Not transfer rumors damn it. Anything about fucking Belgium.

Jean Claude Van Damme, Audrey Hepburn, Hercule Poirot, Plastic Bertrand, some horses taking a shit in a town plaza in Bruges, the list is endless.

Damn well probaby not even Belgian. About as much substance there as your claim to being a true supporter of Everton Football Club. Did yourself no favors again during the last match day event.

To prevent this degenerating into some free for all, say again, this player in question could be a worthwhile purchase or someone to look into, but trying to keep calm now

Damn well probaby not even Belgian. About as much substance there as your claim to being a true supporter of Everton Football Club. Did yourself no favors again during the last match day event.

Yeah no, i never made such a claim, on the contrary I said I enjoy multiple teams in the Prem, which is my fav competition. This year EFC and Chelsea just stick out.

You guys fatigue me. Read what it says on top of this website: "For the thinking Evertonian". It doesn't say it for nothing.

Strootman is very talented and I would be very happy about signing him. I've seen this guy on several occasions as I have had my eye on PSV due to Toivonen.

As Mirallas pointed out, he can be inconsistent but his highs are very high while his lows are still good enough. I think this is an ambitious signing if the rumour is true.

Potential replacement for Fellaini. Not as good right now, but could well be in a year or so. I think he is best used as a deep lying play maker but he can also be used as a holding mid.

However, worth around 10 mil pounds so probably way to expensive. Some medias are suggesting that he is worth 17 mil pounds and that both Man U and Arsenal are interested. No need to get our hopes up in other words. Move on.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I think he means lets hope we're not stupid enough to piss 30 million on after that injury not that he doesn't play again.

What injury did he have btw?

from Wiki:

On 9 March 2014, Strootman sustained a knee injury in Roma's 1–0 defeat to Napoli which made him miss the remainder of the 2013–14 season and the 2014 FIFA World Cup,[12] where the Dutch selection finished third.
On 9 November, Strootman made his first appearance for Roma in exactly eight months, appearing as an 84th-minute substitute in a 3–0 defeat of Torino at the Stadio Olimpico.[13] His first start of the 2014–15 season came in a 2–2 draw with Sassuolo on 7 December.[14] He assisted the first of captain Francesco Totti's two goals after appearing as a substitute in Roma's 2–2 draw with Lazio in the 175th Derby della Capitale on 12 January 2015.[15]
On 26 January 2015, Strootman was substituted in a Serie A fixture against Fiorentina after sustaining further damage to his anterior cruciate ligament. Three days later, it was confirmed that the player would again undergo knee surgery.[16]
On 26 August 2015, it was reported that, in spite of failing to make a single appearance in seven months, Strootman's injury will again require surgery. The procedure will once again extensively sideline the player, presumably for the entire season.[17]

Great. We can have Strootman and Gibson in midfield. If we then sign Andy Carrol up front and Jack Wilshere to play 3 in Midfield we can redevelop Goodison as a hospital when we move stadium and let them rest there on a collective £500k a week in the same ward!

Edited by Trigger

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...