IGNORED

Martinez confirmed as new manager

Guest Ph3nom3non

If we get Neil Lennon or Mark Hughes i really fear for are relegation into league 1 in the 2014/2015 season D:

Sick and tired of phoney bill. Yeah dunc you hit the nail on the head, I don't like him because in all honesty he tries and does to an extent succeed in the art of manipulation. All the leaning over the advertisement hoardings when the B.U made their presence felt with his sad puppy dog eyes. His boys pen bollocks etc - he's an actor all right and he's good. Good actors have a great ability to take part in make believe and fiction.

I'm with romey on this, I don't wanna see a teary bill give it the emotionally distraught look, I want to see him like Kevin keegan was when he sold Andy cole for £7m to man united, fronting up and saying these things happen - the club will go on, tomorrow is business as usual. Or lack of in my mind.

Moyes going has not bothered me in the slightest, Rooney going devastated me. The reason? Rooney being sold was a symptom of what we had become, a club that needed to sell its best talent to cover the financial mismanagement by those who ran it.

Moyes was a plaster on the wound that is the owners of this club, that plaster needed to go to expose the wound. Now the wound is out there in the open, people are going to ask questions as to why it had been left untreated for so long - neglect. Bill knows he's under the microscope, he won't get away with bringing in a yes man who will toe the party line. The fans know what they want to see, we know we could get a laudrup or Martinez. Over to you bill.

:doh: now this is the Haf I know and, well... am bewildered by, especially when you can talk so much sense... Im not going into the details of the nonsense in here, because weve done this dance before and you refuse to accept any other possibility.

if he wasnt showing his face he'd be accused of not communicating with fans. he comes out and shows some emotion, means hes manipulating....rolleyes.gif

The fans want these 2 candidates only? or you mean you do? some do. some dont. a lot wont care.

I'm just concerned that he's in charge of making a decision that affects our future. He hasn't got a great track record.

With managers? He's only employed the one....who did OK as far as I rememberhuh.png.

This is the interview that people are criticising....see absolutely nothing wrong or overly emotional with it myself.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22472213

Vincenzo Montella

Frank De Boer

Thomas Tuchel

Are three I'd have.

I like FDB as well actually. I havent seen too much of Ajax (at this point I am praying this if Frank and not Ronald!) But in the games I have seen they have impressed me with their shape and discipline. Plus he might be able to convince Eriksen to come with him! He would be good for our youth development as well!

With managers? He's only employed the one....who did OK as far as I rememberhuh.png.

This is the interview that people are criticising....see absolutely nothing wrong or overly emotional with it myself.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22472213

This

Incidentally just seen a tweet about Martinez saying Wigans finishes before his time were 10th,17th,14th,11th and since he became manager 16th,16th,15th 18th not exactly impressive!

Gutted Moyes has gone - I thought he would have left sometime for the Man U job sometime in the next couple of year, just didn't expect it this week. We have lost one of the best managers in the Premiership with no compensation.

Timing sucks, with no stand real out candidates around at the moment. Last year maybe Brendan Rogers or even Laudrup could have been available, even Paul Lambert as a shout.

Martinez is probably the best bet, but hard to get excited about the manager of a team that is all but relegated when one who has won 3 premiership manager of the season is going out of the door.

Will a Martinez appointment enthuse the current squad and make the likes of Baines, Fellaini and Miralles want to extend their stay at the club, not too sure. Moyes might not be the only one to leave this summer. Dreading the transfer window.

we were all starting to think Moyes would sign a new contract, and who knows Moyes didnt indicate to BK he was going to stay on and u-turned.

This is just finger pointing without know whats happening behind the scenes.

Mark, you have a solid point that he should be standing tall and confident. I understand where youre coming from. But to ignore any emotion and expect him to be a robot is unrealistic and unfair.

I dont think its unfair at all. The man is head of a multi million pound BUSINESS sentiment has no part in it. Thats why we are small fry in every commercial department under his regime. His "peformance" when getting interviewed was a joke. Long dramatic pauses and far away looks into the sky. When asked if he had any targets in mind he should have said of course we have. We are an agressive,progessive board that have plan a,b,c in place instead of looking like a nob head that has been snapped off by a bird he wanted to shag

Guest Ph3nom3non

I think Kenwright is more of a fan than a business man and will have allot of the directors that will guide him in terms of the club. I think he looked shaken in the the interview and being an actor aswell he was very poor.

I dont think its unfair at all. The man is head of a multi million pound BUSINESS sentiment has no part in it. Thats why we are small fry in every commercial department under his regime. His "peformance" when getting interviewed was a joke. Long dramatic pauses and far away looks into the sky. When asked if he had any targets in mind he should have said of course we have. We are an agressive,progessive board that have plan a,b,c in place instead of looking like a nob head that has been snapped off by a bird he wanted to shag

cant be arsed repeating myself...

My first choice at the moment would be Alan Stubbs, the man is a legend, if anyone can motivate our players it would be him, like moyes he is a born winner and fighter, and captained us to many great victories. Keep it within the club, pick stubbsy.

My first choice at the moment would be Alan Stubbs, the man is a legend, if anyone can motivate our players it would be him, like moyes he is a born winner and fighter, and captained us to many great victories. Keep it within the club, pick stubbsy.

For the love of god! I pray we don't promote from within. Disaster written all over it.

This

Incidentally just seen a tweet about Martinez saying Wigans finishes before his time were 10th,17th,14th,11th and since he became manager 16th,16th,15th 18th not exactly impressive!

I think that he had a big job on his hands in his first season. Within 12 months of Martinez taking the job Wigan lost Zaki,Palacious, Heskey, Valencia and Cattermole who were all massive players for them. I also think it took him a while to find his feet and truth be told I was convinced by him in his first season. However he has been steadily progressive until then (albeit not this season).

If you look away from the finishing position and instead look at the points Wigan gained in the 3 years before he came you will actually see that there isn't much difference. They won 38, 40 and 45 in those seasons compared with the 3 under Martinez being 36, 42 and 43. That works out to only 2 points difference across the 3 seasons. This year they have played far better than they have previously and suffered from the biggest injury crisis the club has probably ever had. They have been without 7 or 8 first team players all season through various injuries and at one point 4 CB's were all out and I think even the youngster who came in got injured in their next game!

If you compare our improvement over these years from 2006/7-2008/9 we averaged 62 points. From 2009/10-2011/12 we averaged 57 points. Im not sure what use that information is though smile.png

You say we should aim higher than Martinez and then name a man who has never managed at the top level... Baffling to say the least.

I've seen what Martinez can do, we'll be finishing seventeenth every season, Stubbs could guide us to Europe, we don't know, It's like saying turnips are vile, how would I know I've never tried them?

I've seen what Martinez can do, we'll be finishing seventeenth every season, Stubbs could guide us to Europe, we don't know, It's like saying turnips are vile, how would I know I've never tried them?

I can't believe I'm going to say this but I'm glad it's Bill and the rest of the board making the decision.

Using this logic, why would Man U hire Moye? After all, they've "seen what he can do" and it's not get into the CL.

The answer is, obviously, because it's comparing apples to oranges. What Moyes can do in Man U culture and economy is different from what he can do in Everton culture and economy. To make the conclusion that Everton would finish 17th simply because Wigan has been finishing around there is pretty incomplete logic. Even more skeptical is the logic of, "we have no idea what Stubbs could do, maybe it's Europe!" Yeah. Well same could be said about me if I became manager. Doesn't mean it would be a good move. We need someone who has some experience and not a sentimental, nostalgic pick.

Edited by thoward18

Using this logic, why would Man U hire Moyes? After all, they've "seen what he can do" and it's not get into the CL.

The answer is, obviously, because it's comparing apples to oranges. What Moyes can do in Man U culture and economy is different from what he can do in Everton culture and economy. To make the conclusion that Everton would finish 17th simply because Wigan has been finishing around there is pretty incomplete logic. Even more skeptical is the logic of, "we have no idea what Stubbs could do, maybe it's Europe!" Yeah. Well same could be said about me if I became manager. Doesn't mean it would be a good move. We need someone who has some experience and not a sentimental, nostalgic pick.

Thanks for writing that. Saved me the trouble!

FFS he is a nice guy but as thick as pig shit. What he knows about management (or any football for that matter) could be written on the back of a postage stamp with a 4" paintbrush.

FFS he is a nice guy but as thick as pig shit. What he knows about management (or any football for that matter) could be written on the back of a postage stamp with a 4" paintbrush.

That's harsh Rubes....but it made me laugh!

He's doing a cracking job with the under 21's to be fair.

How do you know this? He is untested,and given time, could prove to be a top manager.