IGNORED

U21s Euro Championship

The media are blaming Holgate and Pickford for Slovenia's goal. I didn't watch the match: Is the criticism justified?

The scorer was Holgate's man and he lost him. Pickford probably could've positioned himself better.

Holgate was useless at RB as usual and was subbed at half-time..

Edited by Romey 1878

For me, if you're playing at an international level (whatever the age category) there should be no one playing out of position or not playing in their strongest poistion. Don't care how many good options you have at CB, Don't fucking squeeze them in "because you have to". Get the best player in that position and play them. Worst case scenario you tear to shreds the young lads confidence and destroy what slim chance he has of making it at the very top. We seem to be the only international setup that loves to fuck about. Makes me angry.

Gave a good account of themselves in all fairness and lost to a better side

I can't see many from that side going on to have great careers tbh only a handful the rest look destined for mediocrity

Completely agree. Really disappointed with the quality at times. Pickford was the best passer in the team!

Mason did not look good on Germany's tying header. 2-2. Not close to his man, who scored an excellent header. Nor, tbh, did he pick up quite quickly enough on Germany's first goal.

Germany much better than England most of this match.

Holgate should have done more in that situation (not the first time) but Baker should have been attacking that ball as the front post man. I just watched it back and he doesn't know whether to stick or twist!