IGNORED

Kit 20-21 season

Matt

40 minutes ago, Matt said:

Mike mentioned Hummel are apparently doing our kit next and I can’t remember seeing it, so had a look;

https://www.google.ch/amp/s/cdn.footyheadlines.com/amp/3750684594459465499

Couldn’t find a thread but thought I’d stick the link here for now, unless people want a dedicated thread

It's not been formally announced yet but it's an open secret according to my source (Josh).

3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

glad we switched from Umbro to a smaller manufacturer.  that is the secret for clubs like us i believe.  Be the big fish in the small pond and try and get the most money you can out of them.  Nike and Adidas are gonna give a lump about us.  But these small ones will.

We were Umbro’s big fish in a small pond and they made a big song and dance that we’d be their flagship club. It was a load of bollocks. 

11 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

We were Umbro’s big fish in a small pond and they made a big sing and dance that we’d be their flagship club. It was a load of bollocks. 

They’ve made some of my favourite kits 

2 minutes ago, MikeO said:

isn't techy wonderful!

Hand me my abacus!

There’s always a workaround, it’s how I’ve made a living! 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

We were Umbro’s big fish in a small pond and they made a big song and dance that we’d be their flagship club. It was a load of bollocks. 

my understanding was we were, but then they got bigger clubs and we were forgotten.  i could be wrong though.  hummel has Rangers and Boro.  We would be their biggest club.  I am assuming the russian boardmember we have (forgot his name) who does the negotiations will have extracted maximum monies as well.

would you rather have Nike and have the same kit as 400 other teams around the globe with little compensation?

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

my understanding was we were, but then they got bigger clubs and we were forgotten.  i could be wrong though.  hummel has Rangers and Boro.  We would be their biggest club.  I am assuming the russian boardmember we have (forgot his name) who does the negotiations will have extracted maximum monies as well.

would you rather have Nike and have the same kit as 400 other teams around the globe with little compensation?

I don’t particularly care who our kitmaker is as long as they pay us the most and people actually spend money on buying it. So that means appealing to the younger fans more than the adults. Which might prove harder to do with a lesser named company. We’ve had this conversation before. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

I don’t particularly care who our kitmaker is as long as they pay us the most and people actually spend money on buying it. So that means appealing to the younger fans more than the adults. Which might prove harder to do with a lesser named company. We’ve had this conversation before. 

Ah apologies, it’s too quiet around here.

For me if you want to make money from merchandise, kits will sell anyway, it needs to be a big brand. Umbro isn’t one of them. You need to be Nike, Adidas, Under Armour to get the attention of younger people. The Hummel stuff is great from a retro point of view, as was Le Coq, so I’m all for it it. But if you look at all the teams who compete in the champions league, their kits are made by household names. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Don't get the big brands argument. I've never known anyone not to buy a kit because of the brand, but there's many who haven't because it's a generic stencil kit. 

That’s why I said merchandise, as the kit will sell anyway. But if you want to sell track suits and jackets, the younger fans would go for Nike but probably wouldn’t go for Umbro. There is plenty of money to be made outside of just the kit. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

That’s why I said merchandise, as the kit will sell anyway. But if you want to sell track suits and jackets, the younger fans would go for Nike but probably wouldn’t go for Umbro. There is plenty of money to be made outside of just the kit. 

Sorry I misread your post. 

3 hours ago, StevO said:

This is more what I was getting at with my post.