IGNORED

Message to TT members - sort it out!

StevO

This isn't Everton related but i'm posting here because its the busiest part of the site.

Over the last few months TT has been turned into a bloody play ground.

I'm sure 99% of the members on here can see it, and if anyone can't they must have blinkers on.

There are plenty of guilty parties, but in the current situation the club is in people will argue. Fans are split everywhere, not just on the internet.

But thats fine, it causes debate, and debate is good. Thats why we are here.

But there is also nothing wrong with someone having a different opinion than yourself, and if they do AGREE TO DISAGREE!!!

Its not much to ask, you wont convince someone to change their mind or attitude by fighting with them.

We have lost members over recent months who have made their reasons known to us, some have left because of this arguing and others have left directly because they have had problems with individuals.

We have also had members come to us and tell us that TT just isnt fun anymore, again stating the attitudes of individuals.

We will be taking direct complaints seriously, if various members are not happy we can not lose many for the sake of one.

Please, please, sort it out.

Ste

Just wanted to post that this is the main reason that I've stopped posting as much on here. There are a lot or real nice people on this board but too many of the threads on here that I see have turned into childish arguments. Hope this place can back to the way it was when I joined because then it was boss :)

True. I like this place because it isn't Bluekipper. Lets NOT allow it to go that way!!!

Youve obviously had the same abuse i did on bluekipper then Adam. I like it on here there are a few that wont let things go when there not in agreement but on the whole everyones friendly. The biggest problem we all have is watching whats happening to the club at the minute, thats the main cause of all the arguing and its totally understandable. Lets hope its sorted sooner rather than later.

True. I like this place because it isn't Bluekipper. Lets NOT allow it to go that way!!!

Sadly there's at least one poster who thinks he/she is on kipper in the way that they post. One hopes it doesn't catch on - kipper/ nsno/ got are fun to browse but essentially full of shite - this place is regrettably beginning to resemble these... We're supposed to be the thinking Evertonians - COYTT!!!

The only member of note that I've never seen argue on this forum is Louis.

There are very few who have never argued on here if we are honest, especially those that have been around for a while.

Even the mods and admins have been at each other over the site on occasion, so it's fair to say that recent events have put a strain on us all.

Kenwright out threads, or Blue Union, or Moyes must go type discussions (not just on here) will always cause hostility unfortunately. Any passionate football fan that doesn't feel affected by our current club situation would need to have very thick skin indeed.

We've had a few lads leave, and a few lads join just like every other forum, but the majority of lads here are decent lads, and I would dispute that we are anything like Kipper regarding arguments.

If 12 members throw a stone at one member, and that member throws the stone back, he stands out as throwing 12 stones, but each are to blame as much as anybody else. It would be interesting to see which members felt they had a 'perfect' input, or contribution towards the forum, as contribution comes in many guises.

I used to think it was funny that some members would swear, and it was deemed funny, yet others would swear, and it would be frowned upon. All a little hypocritical?

I've argued with many in the Moyes thread, and I feel very passionate about Moyes, and would never apologise for defending him. However if I have offended anybody whilst doing so, by all means I would extend my apologies to them as it is rarely intended. I try to treat others as they treat me.

It would be interesting to see how many others were prepared to throw their hands in though, as it often takes balls to hold ones hand up, and accept one was wrong. wink.png

As for us being fans, try and have a little patience, and a little faith. Our time will come.

All the best to you all.

StevO I appreciate your post, I hope sincerely I have not offended anyone at all. If I have please speak up and accept my apologies.

I will never leave this place as I love it. But if I ever have caused offense then I unreservedly stand here to be told off.

You could lay off those bad jokes a tad Rubes. wink.png

StevO I appreciate your post, I hope sincerely I have not offended anyone at all. If I have please speak up and accept my apologies.

I will never leave this place as I love it. But if I ever have caused offense then I unreservedly stand here to be told off.

You offend me every time you come on Rubes....your insults cut me to the bone.

The only reason I don't ban you is because it makes me feel good that you're older than merofl.gif .

I laughed quite a bit. I'm always a fan of comic relief.

To get back on subject, I agree with the initial post. I went to a few Toffee forums before joining this one. My research told me that this forum seemed the friendliest and most open-minded.

Some top people on this forum, I started off an occasional angry poster then became a permanent one. Oh the day when we all shed tears after winning a trophy, be a great bunch to share it with. 84,85,87, 95 ....... Great memories.

So we were a kind of 'last resort' then? tongue.png

Definitely. Still feel cheated, too. cool.png

Actually, I didn't join for a few weeks. I browsed TT and a few others through that time. I mainly hung out as "anonymous" in the Rumourama section -- Transfer season is my favorite time of year... and it comes twice!

Definitely. Still feel cheated, too. cool.png

Actually, I didn't join for a few weeks. I browsed TT and a few others through that time. I mainly hung out as "anonymous" in the Rumourama section -- Transfer season is my favorite time of year... and it comes twice!

You'll need to stop tickling it's tummy. doh.gif

Big forums are fine, but if you want folk to read your posts, you need something a little less competitive. Sometimes by the time you press submit, the conversation has changed on busy forums, and your post appears out of context. Having said that, on slower forums, people read your thoughts days after you offered them, and by then, your opinions may have changed, or you may have forgotten what you were thinking when you wrote it.

Finding a happy medium is the secret I think, but you'll find the time zone here awkward, as it's 2am as I write. There is a large American contingency on GOT I think, but it can be a bit of a popularity contest on there.

I dont know if I speak for Mogsy and Jona but, it's difficult to get to a lot of home games from here, perhaps we could work on that?.. This forum is very important for me, makes me feel a little closer to home, to the club I love.. I have noticed over the past weeks how on others such as TW the language and attitude toward DM has been disgusting.. I agree with a lot of whats been said on here regarding club and manager, however, I do feel we should be encouraging Moyes not kicking him when down. This forum tends to be balanced and intelligent.

You'll need to stop tickling it's tummy. doh.gif

Big forums are fine, but if you want folk to read your posts, you need something a little less competitive. Sometimes by the time you press submit, the conversation has changed on busy forums, and your post appears out of context. Having said that, on slower forums, people read your thoughts days after you offered them, and by then, your opinions may have changed, or you may have forgotten what you were thinking when you wrote it.

Finding a happy medium is the secret I think, but you'll find the time zone here awkward, as it's 2am as I write. There is a large American contingency on GOT I think, but it can be a bit of a popularity contest on there.

Yeah, the timezone is a bit of a stumble. I think I've found that I run into the most forum members around 6-7 pm my time. Only problem is I have the most time to write when I'm sitting in the office at around 10-11. Ah well. I already feel at home here, so I'll just stick with it. I'm not trying to be in a contest with other Americans either. It's easier to win when there are fewer of us. wink.png

I dont know if I speak for Mogsy and Jona but, it's difficult to get to a lot of home games from here, perhaps we could work on that?.. This forum is very important for me, makes me feel a little closer to home, to the club I love.. I have noticed over the past weeks how on others such as TW the language and attitude toward DM has been disgusting.. I agree with a lot of whats been said on here regarding club and manager, however, I do feel we should be encouraging Moyes not kicking him when down. This forum tends to be balanced and intelligent.

Sorry pal I won't have anything to do with people from Havefordwest!!!!

:) :) ;)

Seriously, yeah it's a bit if pain, more so for you as your a bit further away again, my main problem is I work most Saturdays, and Sunday games are a very far and few between, (plus she'd moan about not spending time together, don't know why she wants to do that!!) but yeah, we r planing the Blackburn game in the 21st of jan, got another mate from town who might come, I'll let you know if we r defiantly going nearer the time. Or remind me as I do forget!

Sorry pal I won't have anything to do with people from Havefordwest!!!!

smile.pngsmile.pngwink.png

Seriously, yeah it's a bit if pain, more so for you as your a bit further away again, my main problem is I work most Saturdays, and Sunday games are a very far and few between, (plus she'd moan about not spending time together, don't know why she wants to do that!!) but yeah, we r planing the Blackburn game in the 21st of jan, got another mate from town who might come, I'll let you know if we r defiantly going nearer the time. Or remind me as I do forget!

Mogsy, if convenient, I can fit a few in and i'm used to the driving.. can't do the 21st though, on nights (as always!)

Bloody hell what a night last night, won't be doing that again in a hurry wacko.png

Just getting back to this, I'm registered with a number of forum board things, from soccer to James Bond but just lately I just don't feel the enthusiasm I used to, one thing I've noticed is that there's always usually people playing favorites and if you're not in with certain people then your efforts get rebuked and trivialized and I don't get any enjoyment out of it

We never had these kind of things when I was a kid, getting back from school or college and there was no internet forums or message boards, maybe it's just as well as I wouldn't have graduated or learnt anything being involved on a chat page for any considerable amount of time if they had been available

First impessions here was that I found it pleasant enough, not too many participants, tidy and clean, and a minimum of unruly behavior, often on say Toffeweb I've found recently a lot of slagging off from one Evertonian to another and name calling and although registered I am slowly distancing myself away from there for other reasons I wish not to elaborate

I used to be on the official Everton Football Club board index a year or two ago before some ass clowns forced the site owners to close it down for ages and re-open it, and it was nothing how I remembered it, they even offered me via E-mail the opportunity to become an Administrator on the new pages, but while flattered, turned down the opportunity, I haven't been on it since about September 2009 as an active member before they had to terminate the message boards due to some rather unsavory and brain dead users, It was a real pity

Just getting back to this, I'm registered with a number of forum board things, from soccer to James Bond but just lately I just don't feel the enthusiasm I used to, one thing I've noticed is that there's always usually people playing favorites and if you're not in with certain people then your efforts get rebuked and trivialized and I don't get any enjoyment out of it

We do get the "clique" accusation occasionally (yesterday was the most recenttongue.png ) but I don't go along with it. There is a core of users who get on but it's not and never has been, in my opinion, an exclusive group (which it'd need to be for the accusation to stick). Anyone and everyone is welcome whether they have twenty posts or twenty thousand.

Quick search reveals that the last time we were accused of it was about twenty months ago when someone got annoyed when no-one agreed with him that we should sell all our front line defenders bar Bainesunsure.png .