IGNORED

Manchester City. (away)

Bill

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be tricky, but i reckon they would have prefered to have played a week after beating Man U to try and build a momentum rather than waiting 2 weeks for the next game. Both teams will be up for this game due to both of our previous results. Personally i can see a reverse of our previous result against them, if we can get anything out of this game then it would be very very important points, i can't see it happening but then again i didn't see it happening last time either.

Line up wise i'd like to see Yak and Aj together again but get the feeling that we'll go 4-5-1. Also id like to see Baines starting again, i'm not Nunp's biggest fan but he did play ok against Brann, but he was given time on the ball so could make a few good crosses without pressure, we won't be given that time in the prem.

If we can get anything from this game then it will be massive points, i reckon it will all depend on whether our creative players turn up.

This is now a must not lose match with all behind us winning. Still we shouldn't be negative as we have a better team. I'm going bto stick my neck on the line and go for a 1-2 win for us with Yak and Arteta the scorers. I've got my fingers crossed but will miss the game due to work tonight :(

I think 1-0 to us with the Yak to score

interesting stat from the bbc website......

'Manchester City and Everton are the only clubs not to have been awarded a penalty in Premier League matches this season. '

I find that amazing considering how many some teams must have had espec as the RS get 2 in one game!

we need to at least draw this one and a win would be absolutely HUGE, I think we're going to do it, I have a really good feeling at the moment. If we lpay 451 then I think Licker's team looks right, if it's 442 then I'd expect the same team that player Brann. I'd personally consider bringing in Osman for Cahill but I don't see Moyes dropping Cahill as he is a big game player. I'd be REALLY disappointed if Fernandez is brought in, he has done nothing to justify starting the match and I can't see Moyes picking him in a million years for tonight. I think we'll go 442, it MAY be a mistake but I don't see how Moyes can drop AJ after the other night. The 451 away at City may be the sensible choice, but I think Moyes will let his heart rule his head and play 442, if it doesn't work then expect Osman on and AJ off. Yobo will be back in and Lescott at LB, that is almost guaranteed.

Man City haven't played for 2 weeks, the press are saying this is an advantadge to City. I think it may be an advantadge to us, they may not be as sharp as they perhaps should be. If we're back in fourth place tonight that will be a pleasing enough result for me.

Everton are without Mikel Arteta for the game at Manchester City.

The Spaniard returned from a groin problem to feature in the 6-1 win over SK Brann, but isn't able to play at Eastlands.

His place in midfield is taken by Leon Osman as Everton revert to a 4-5-1 formation.

That means Phil Neville shifts to the middle of the park with Tony Hibbert at right-back.

Joseph Yobo is also back in place of Nuno Valente, with Joleon Lescott moving to left full-back.

Yakubu will be the lone striker, but there's firepower on the bench in the shape of Andrew Johnson and Victor Anichebe.

The other replacements are Nuno Valente, Manuel Fernandes and Stefan Wessels

What I find funny is that we are all giving moyes stick saying that he's got his tactics well off with his selection and then we actually turn it on. Commentator on 5live just actually said that moyes has got his tactics spot on. What do we know eh?

Too many Evertonians look for negatives and expect perfection all the time

Its a funny old game (some bloke once said)

Im suprised someone didnt aske for VDM to be on as Arteta is out. You know, give him another chance and all that

keep ot steady in the second half and this will be a brilliant away win