IGNORED

Stewart Downing

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. young yes but no way Villa would let him go but you would contemplate getting rid os Osman?! Why? He's been performing great for us this season!

Yes he's performing well but I don't see him as first choice.

We need width and pace. Would also mean we could move Peanut into the middle (supposedly his favoured position).

Would liked to have seen the Piennar deal made perm in the transfer window however I would expect that if no one comes in before the end of the transfer window that he might be signed during the season like Howard was as loan signings can be made perm even outside transfer windows.

One thing I know is that not expecting any signings this time so won't be staying up til midnight waiting and hoping.

One thing I know is that not expecting any signings this time so won't be staying up til midnight waiting and hoping.

I think if you read the terms and conditions we all agreed to when we signed up for TT you'll find that it's compulsory to stay up talking bollocks until midnight on transfer deadline day Adam ;) .

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

the money being quoted for his is ridiculous, but I personally think he's a good player and a better out and out winger than we have at the club. He had a very decent season and is only (unfairly) maligned in some quarters because of his McClaren connections with England, for whom he didn't play very well (he's not alone in failing to shine on the international stage - see Steven Gerrard). A good player, who creates most of boro's goals and scores a few himself, if we signed him I'd be happy unless the fee is silly.

• 11 months later...
For the money we would spend on him it would be a joke. I would like to see what he could do at a team other than Boro, but I don't really want that to be us. As Mark said he has only just signed a 5 year deal, this one is a non-starter. He aint going anywhere.

It's good that he has signed a deal with Middlesbrough because it would be a lame signing should he come here. The only reason that he is 'good' is because he is left footed. It's a real question as to why he gets so much attention, he shoulden't come to Goodison because hje simply isn't good enough. The Championship is his level.

I'd be pissed off if Downing was the player that broke up the Baines-Pienaar partnership, he's wank.

And thats another thing, he'd have to find his way into the team which just woulden't happen. No move this one.