IGNORED

W(v)agner Love.

Same price as Yakubu then but Love covers a lot more ground, short darting runs to make himself some space, is faster all over the pitch, and will always get you goals, I know which one i prefer, and if Harry comes for Yakubu in January i'd let him go.

Dont necessarily need to sign Love but for 12 million we can get better than the Kak. :)

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same price as Yakubu then but Love covers a lot more ground, short darting runs to make himself some space, is faster all over the pitch, and will always get you goals, I know which one i prefer, and if Harry comes for Yakubu in January i'd let him go.

Dont necessarily need to sign Love but for 12 million we can get better than the Kak. :)

If we sell him Bill do you really think Moyes would sign a replacement ;)

love and yak could be a lethal pairing. saha is 30, wont be around too long. fergie always said if a better striker becomes available you buy him. surely if we are to buy another top striker why do we have to look at one leaving. the more goal scorers you have in the squad the better

Squad players maybe but never a player who would be seen as in the starting 11

Squad players, by the way, that we actually really needed. We had such a small squad in the first place. It was criminal to let nyone go until we had a replacement (better replaement).

If we had kept hold of Cars, Johnson and McFadden (particularly Cars) then in my view we would still be in the UEFA and probably slightly better off in the league. Not as bothered about the mickeymouse cup, but lets face it, we would take anything at the moment.

Squad players, by the way, that we actually really needed. We had such a small squad in the first place. It was criminal to let nyone go until we had a replacement (better replaement).

If we had kept hold of Cars, Johnson and McFadden (particularly Cars) then in my view we would still be in the UEFA and probably slightly better off in the league. Not as bothered about the mickeymouse cup, but lets face it, we would take anything at the moment.

We tried to keep Cars but he wanted to go and the money we got for Johnson and Mcfadden, who hardly got a game between them, was too good to turn down.

Moyse has tried to replace Cars with Catillo and has replaced Johnson with Saha and we are £15M up on the deal which he used on Fellaini so alll in all I think he has done quite well out of it

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4666898,00.html

CSKA Moscow striker Vagner Love claims Everton have made an approach for his services.

Everton have held a long-term interest in the Brazilian international and tried to sign him last summer only for the move to fail to materialise.

Toffees boss David Moyes is believed to have rekindled his interest in Love after losing Yakubu Aiyegbeni and James Vaughan to long-term injuries.

The likes of Chelsea and Manchester City have also been linked with the highly-rated 24-year-old.

However, Love says Everton are the only club to have contacted him even though he admits a move to Real Madrid would be his dream destination.

"Just one club has contacted me and that club are Everton," Love is quoted as saying in The Sun. "But it would be marvellous to play for Real Madrid - every player dreams of joining them.

"I will do everything I can and more to negotiate my release with the CSKA president."

Guest efctaxi
no thanks.

Jo is shite and was rated higher than love. He plays in the russian league which is the best league.

would cost a fortune too.

The Russian league is the best league ?

We tried to keep Cars but he wanted to go and the money we got for Johnson and Mcfadden, who hardly got a game between them, was too good to turn down.

Moyse has tried to replace Cars with Catillo and has replaced Johnson with Saha and we are £15M up on the deal which he used on Fellaini so alll in all I think he has done quite well out of it

exactly, moyes has done well getting fellaini out of them 3 I think, johnson wasnt a class player neither was mcfadden, they wouldnt get in are best 11 fellaini does.

Edited by Blue4Ever

This is a quote from him:

It's good to know that important teams are interested in me.

Everton, for example, aren't the most famous club, but they are a good side and play in one of the biggest championships in the world.

Off the pitch I would not have any problems. The only way that I need to adapt would be on the pitch.

Well I have no idea what he would cost, but I can't imagine he's on a free or anything near it (given the prices for Jo and Arshavin) so I don't see how we could get him.

On the other hand the Russian markets have been hit as bad as anywhere so they could be looking to cash in. I certainly think he'd be an interesting player here and along with Zigic is one of our best international options.

Well I have no idea what he would cost, but I can't imagine he's on a free or anything near it (given the prices for Jo and Arshavin) so I don't see how we could get him.

On the other hand the Russian markets have been hit as bad as anywhere so they could be looking to cash in. I certainly think he'd be an interesting player here and along with Zigic is one of our best international options.

A loan deal is most likely what we will do since there is a 2 month break in the russian league, and then if we can finish high enough something like a fellaini deal with a small amount up front (4 or 5) on a bigger deal based on appearances and qualifications for europe.

• 2 weeks later...