IGNORED

Longest Thread!

Ian

congrats mac, certainly one of the nicest i've met on here...im happy for you...all the best

You've not been that active whilst I have been a member but you seem a really good guy. I'm sure that everything will be good for you both from now until the big day, best wishes mate :)

Congratulations.

Just breaking up the last bit of my old shed to take it to the dump. Josh helping and lots of nails sticking out and bits to be broken down to fit in the car so I kept on at him to be careful....then stood on a piece to break it....took a bit more effort than I expected and it sprang back and a big nail took a (smallish) chunk out of my hand :unsure: . Heaps of blood but looked worse than it was....Doh :lol: .

Just went out for the 3rd night running, all be it one pint tonight as i was a driver, went out for my mates 19th, saw a band called soul patrol, fuck me they are brilliant! If you get the chance to ever see them then do so, the older members of the forum will like them or anyone who likes 70's/80's era of music.

I'm so annoyed right now. I've had my phone for 4 months and it's fucked.

Must be under guarantee surely :huh: ?

I'm cranky as f'ck....another day of (virtual) starvation today ahead of a hospital appointment tomorrow.

Worst bit is that the appt's not until 3.00 and I can't eat anything until after....no coffee either <_< .

Must be under guarantee surely :huh: ?

I'm cranky as f'ck....another day of (virtual) starvation today ahead of a hospital appointment tomorrow.

Worst bit is that the appt's not until 3.00 and I can't eat anything until after....no coffee either <_< .

I don't think so? It's a contract phone and they only accept returns for faults within the first month without charging for repairs I think. I emailed Sony Ericsson direct instead though, so hopefully I'll get some joy there.

I hope everything at the hospital goes OK Mike.

Sony Ericsson got back to me and said I have to send the phone to them in a jiffy bag with the proof of purchase. If they decide it is a fault with the phone then they'll repair it for free under the Limited Warranty.

Consumer info on the "Sale of Goods Act"

Durability is another recent addition to the definition of quality. How long should a dishwasher or a vacuum cleaner or a printer last? This is a very common source of complaint and one which manufacturers were always quick to turn back on the consumer, requiring them to provide proof that the item did not conform to contract specification from the start, or implying an element of misuse or neglect. Thanks to the new European Regulations, UK law now offers greater protection for consumers against products which develop faults within the first 6 months. The assumption is now that if it breaks down within this time period it cannot have conformed to the contract specification when purchased and you have the right to an automatic repair or replacement. Having said this, items which should last several years can still break down after this six month period. If the retailer or manufacturer’s warranty has run out, the shop is often quick to say there is nothing they can do before attempting to sell you an extended warranty. This is misleading. If you buy something which should last 7 years but breaks down after a year and a day, you can still claim it was of poor quality in reference to the durability aspect. In this respect it will help to know how long items such as washing machines or printers should last. You can get this information relevant trade association.

After four months they've not got a leg to stand on.

I got (as I put on here a while back) a full refund on a laptop that was more than a year old by being persistent.

They may try and fob you off but if you hang in the law's on your side :) .

My sympathies mate. I have to do the same on the 13th, the 20th, the 22nd the 23rd and the 24th of this month. (Not yet worked out how I will manage those last three)

Anyway I will be a bit hungry by the end of the month so I suggest everyone keeps pets and small children well clear.

PS I may just be a a tad grumpy......

:lol:

My sympathies mate. I have to do the same on the 13th, the 20th, the 22nd the 23rd and the 24th of this month. (Not yet worked out how I will manage those last three)

Anyway I will be a bit hungry by the end of the month so I suggest everyone keeps pets and small children well clear.

PS I may just be a a tad grumpy......

:lol:

Good luck to you....I coped far better this time than the last (only a few weeks back) for some reason.

Talking cranky, the wife's just gone to bed with a nicotine patch on having another go at kicking the evil weed. I incentivised her by saying she could sell what's left of the sixty packs of baccy I bought for her in Spain last month and spend the money on whatever she wanted. Hopefully she'll succeed but it's going to be dangerous round here for a few days :huh: !

Anyone tried those Rowntree's Randoms?

No, but I might pick some up this morning. I'm interested to see what they are like :)

I'm guessing you have had them Mark?

I tried the Rowntree's Randoms. They're quite nice, I was gutted I never got one of those ice creams in my pack though lol.

Aaron Rogers, Barman for the celebs ;)

Who else you had in other than Baines?

I went to a little doo the other day to celbrate an Opera society. Had a few glasses of champers with the likes of Niel Hammilton (actually quite funny and amiable) and more randomally Big Suze from Peep Show.

Talking cranky, the wife's just gone to bed with a nicotine patch on having another go at kicking the evil weed. I incentivised her by saying she could sell what's left of the sixty packs of baccy I bought for her in Spain last month and spend the money on whatever she wanted. Hopefully she'll succeed but it's going to be dangerous round here for a few days!

Holy shite this is a nightmare....anyone know a good divorce lawyer :unsure: .