IGNORED

Longest Thread!

Ian

Speaking of Digital Cameras (which I did briefly) just ordered one of these...

>>KODAK Z612<<

...which as you can see Comet want £255 for but got it through that well known Everton susidiary company, Tesco's, for £189.99. Bargain I reckon :) .

If any joker can find it cheaper I don't want to know :lol: ...made seventy-two air-miles on the deal anyway so don't care B) .

Edited by MikeO

Some of the most moving and poignant song lyrics ever written...

Lovely Spaaam! Wonderful Spaaam!

Lovely Spaaam! Wonderful Spam.

Spa-a-a-a-a-a-a-am.

Spa-a-a-a-a-a-a-am.

Spa-a-a-a-a-a-a-am.

Spa-a-a-a-a-a-a-am.

Lovely Spaaam! (Lovely Spam!)

Lovely Spaaam! (Lovely Spam!)

Lovely Spaaam!

Spaaam, Spaaam, Spaaam, Spaaaaaam!

Here is a quick history on electronic spamming:-

The term spam is derived from the Monty Python SPAM sketch set in a cafe where nearly every item on the menu includes SPAM luncheon meat. As the server recites the SPAM-filled menu, a chorus of Viking patrons drowns out all conversations with a song repeating "SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM... lovely SPAM, wonderful SPAM," hence "SPAMming" the dialogue. The excessive amount of SPAM mentioned in the sketch is a reference to British rationing during World War II. SPAM was one of the few foods that was widely available.

Although the first known instance of unsolicited commercial e-mail occurred in 1978[6] (unsolicited electronic messaging had already taken place over other media, with the first recorded instance being via telegram on September 13, 1904[citation needed]), the term "spam" for this practice had not yet been applied. In the 1980s the term was adopted to describe certain abusive users who frequented BBSs and MUDs, who would repeat "SPAM" a huge number of times to scroll other users' text off the screen. [7] In early Chat rooms services like PeopleLink and the early days of AOL, they actually flooded the screen with quotes from the Monty Python Spam sketch. This was used as a tactic by insiders of a group that wanted to drive newcomers out of the room so the usual conversation could continue. It was also used to prevent members of rival groups from chatting -- for instance, Star Wars fans often invaded Star Trek chat rooms, filling the space with blocks of text until the Star Trek fans left.[8] This act, previously called flooding or trashing, came to be known as spamming. [9] The term was soon applied to a large amount of text broadcasted by many users.

It later came to be used on Usenet to mean excessive multiple posting—the repeated posting of the same message. The first usage of this sense was by Joel Furr in the aftermath of the ARMM incident of March 31, 1993, in which a piece of experimental software released dozens of recursive messages onto the news.admin.policy newsgroup. This use had also become established—to spam Usenet was flooding newsgroups with junk messages.

Commercial spamming started in force on March 5, 1994, when a pair of lawyers, Laurence Canter and Martha Siegel, began using bulk Usenet posting to advertise immigration law services. The incident was commonly termed the "Green Card spam", after the subject line of the postings. The two went on to widely promote spamming of both Usenet and e-mail as a new means of advertisement—over the objections of Internet users they labeled "anti-commerce radicals." Within a few years, the focus of spamming (and antispam efforts) moved chiefly to e-mail, where it remains today. [10]

There are three popular false etymologies of the word "spam". The first, promulgated by Canter & Siegel themselves, is that "spamming" is what happens when one dumps a can of SPAM luncheon meat into a fan blade. The second is the backronym "shit posing as mail." The third is similar, using "stupid pointless annoying messages."

Hormel Foods Corporation, the makers of SPAM luncheon meat, do not object to the Internet use of the term "spamming." However, they did ask (as recently as Jan 16, 2007 at 05:21:01 GMT[11]) that the capitalized word "SPAM" be reserved to refer to their product and trademark.[12] By and large, this request is obeyed in forums which discuss spam—to the extent that to write "SPAM" for "spam" brands the writer as a n00b. In Hormel Foods v SpamArrest, Hormel attempted to assert its trademark rights against SpamArrest, a software company, from using the mark "spam," since Hormel owns the trademark. In a dilution claim, Hormel argued that Spam Arrest's use of the term "spam" has engendered and damaged "substantial goodwill and good reputation" in connection with its trademarked lunch meat and related products. Hormel also asserts that Spam Arrest's name so closely resembles its luncheon meat that the public might become confused, or might think that Hormel endorses Spam Arrest's products. Hormel did not prevail. Attorney Derek Newman responded on behalf of Spam Arrest: "Spam has become ubiquitous throughout the world to describe unsolicited commercial e-mail. No company can claim trademark rights on a generic term." Hormel stated on its website: "Ultimately, we are trying to avoid the day when the consuming public asks, 'Why would Hormel Foods name its product after junk email?'"[13]

Hormel also made two attempts that were dismissed in 2005 to revoke the mark "SPAMBUSTER".[14]

Hormel's Corporate Attorney Melanie J. Neumann also sent SpamCop's Julian Haight a letter on August 27, 1999 requesting that he delete an objectionable image (a can of Hormel's SPAM luncheon meat product in a trash can), change references to UCE spam to all lower case letters, and confirm his agreement to do so[15].

Edited by jamiemaher85

Lol :P

How come cadbury's caramel chocolate bar is horrible when its in single packs form Cadburys Hereos? Just had one then and had to spit it out, really weird taste. Its not the first one that has tasted dodgy, everytime i've had one they taste well different to the normal bars from the shop.

Anyone else notice this or just me?

I think it is weird that I am the only person int he history of the planet that doesnt like Crisps.

Whatever flavour etc, just cant stick them.

I really want to like crisps & fit in 2 society, but I just cant take to them.

I would however kill you all over the last Cashew.

I think it is weird that I am the only person int he history of the planet that doesnt like Crisps.

Whatever flavour etc, just cant stick them.

I really want to like crisps & fit in 2 society, but I just cant take to them.

I would however kill you all over the last Cashew.

Dont worrry Pat, you have a fellow crisp hater in me also :)

Cadbury is the only chocolate I'll eat, none of the cheap shit.

:lol::lol: Cadbury's is cheap shit in my opinion, and whether it's chocolate at all is open to debate....but I'm with you on crisps, love them. Marmite is my fave flavour at the mo, but I love the flavours you get in Europe...Oregano crisps are brilliant. But I can't stand the posh ones..Kettle crisps and all that bollocks :angry: .

Never mind about all that Mac...whats the best thing to stand my new shed on? I'm thinking maybe some tanalised 4x2's but the other half insists breeze blocks would be better...have to admit she's outbuilt me 1-0 historically in the shed department. I need answers, it's either you or that Jeremy Kyle chappie to keep us out of imminent guidance counselling :unsure: .