IGNORED

Have We Ran Our Race?

well last two games we have been bloody awful and with all the injuries weve had do you think we can recover or do u think we've ran our race

i think we can get back playing good-ish again but im scared of what happened towards the end of last season

thoughts

not conceded and got a draw away at newcastle who aren't great but we haven't got the best record there have we? we aren't playin great but we haven't got that bad of a run in now and some winable games should be enough to get us into europe especially way arsenal are playing too! wouldn't fret about it just yet wait til we are losing games then we can get concerned :)

No i think we have enough in the tank to push 5th we have got this far with so many problems and a really shite start to the season we have to much grit to let it all go at this stage in the season. We had a poor game at Newcastle which i think we would have won if not for the early exit of Arteta and we had a bad game against WestBrom but came away with the points and thats all that matters.

The way Arsenal are playing at the moment which isn't bad they have just been poor in the final third we have a really good shot at 5th with the easier run of games compared to some teams around us i think we will pick up more points and i think Villa's departure from Europe could have a knock on effect you never know ;) 4th anyone ?

They always say the sign of a good team is when they are still getting results even though they are not playing well. We didn't play well yesterday, but we took our chances and got the result. We didnt play well against Newcastle but we still took a point away - Not bad considering our record there, the fact Arteta was hauled off after 3 minutes on top of our already weakened and depleted side. Our three previous games, were a 3-1 win against Villa, 3-0 against Bolton and then of course the Liverpool replay.

We've had real bad look with injuries this season, but we've still always managed to get to the FA Cup quarters and we're just 2 points behind Arsenal. We've now got players coming back - Ossie, Pienaar, Saha, maybe even Vaughny soon.

Add that to the fact that pretty much all our remaining games are winnable. At least March - Blackburn, Stoke, Portsmouth. (April may be a little harder with us playing both Villa & Chelsea). But still, I'm pretty confident, that we're just having a minor blip due to the constant shifting of positions we've had to make and the departure of Arteta. I'm sure, we'll start playing much better over the next few matches. And the way Arsenal are going, we've got a really good shout for 5th. (oh, and we've only got to put one over on Boro and we win a trip to Wembley).

I think we've still got a lot to look forward to.

They always say the sign of a good team is when they are still getting results even though they are not playing well. We didn't play well yesterday, but we took our chances and got the result. We didnt play well against Newcastle but we still took a point away - Not bad considering our record there, the fact Arteta was hauled off after 3 minutes on top of our already weakened and depleted side. Our three previous games, were a 3-1 win against Villa, 3-0 against Bolton and then of course the Liverpool replay.

Some good facts there mate. I do belive that our race for Europe is still well underway. We are of course going to be feeling the pressure of no Mikel but we have managed to cope with the haul of injuries thrown at us so it shoulden't change now. We didn't play well against Albion but we did buisness and kept it clean. Based on the facts we kept a clean sheet and got three points. That's all we can ask for. The performance may have not been convinving but we did come away with the win, who knows maybe we were settling down because it was West Brom. We may well have been saving our energy for Blackburn.

The race is still on and I'm confident that Europe will be ours, going to be supporting Manchester United tonight, I might even dig out the shirt I had from the 99' season when they were sponsored by Sharp. I always used to think it was a pencil company. B)

The defence is still intact which is the main thing, it's conceded only three goals from open play in the last fifteen games (two from Gerrard and Van Persies heartbreaker), plus two penalties.

Wednesday will be interesting, think we'll have a better idea after that. If we can keep the clean sheets coming there's no reason why we can't still push on....TC will always pop up with the occasional goal, if Saha can stay fit he'll score and hopefully Jo will keep chipping in. Joleons due a couple also.

If we can get another twenty points minimum (six wins, two draws, three losses) you never know where we'll end up, bearing in mind...

"Martin O'Neill's men have now won only two of their last nine home games and are winless in five matches in all competitions."

Keep the faith :P .

To be honest we should have ran our race already given the horrenouse injury list we have had this past two or three months, we shouldn't still be in the FA cup having already drawing two of the current top 4 teams, with only a single 1-0 defeat to a Man U penalty in the last 14 or 15 games, (including games against all the teams above us.

Losing Arteta is now going to test us to the absolute limits, but a 2 -0 win against West Brom is not a bad start - If we can nick a win at Blackburn and get past Bro, in the cup - I will start to beleive anything could happen this season.

But we must be due a bad patch somewhere- mustn't we???? how we react to our next defeat will be very interesting

Top 6 should not be a problem and with the way Arsenal are playing and now that Villa are starting to falter who knows what we can achieve. I think we all have to accept that we will not be seeing much pretty football in the run in, without Arteta it will more likely be perspiration than inspiration that gets us results but all teams usually struggle a bit in the run in and I think that the players we have will fight as hard, if not harder than anyone. I just hope fans don't moan about the quality of football, a win is a win and with the amount of injuries we have even beating West Brom at home is a great result. Let's get behind the boys for the remainder of the season and who knows what we can achieve, if we can keep edging close to Villa they will start to get nervous, they have the tougher run in. They're bad result today must give everyone at Everton a huge boost, we just need to beat Blackburn now.

Edited by carlmc25

are fixture list compared to villa's make me believe we could still get 4th :D, plus they have been quiete crap since nov imo, jus ridin there luck but now its finally runnin out, jus gotta grind out the results now till the ned of the season think arsenal are the most likely to finish 4th thou. think we wud defo of finished top 4 if arteta was fully fit.

If we're going to push on at all we're going to need to keep Pienaar and Saha on the pitch for just about every game. Pienaar can be the one to open up defenses for us, and if Saha kicks on he could easily net 6 or 7 before the end of the year. If we loose Pienaar though I fear it will be non stop hoofball.