IGNORED

Lewis Holtby

Guest efctaxi
It seems he has the right attitude towards Everton which is really good, I'd say definately sign him up.

Wouldn't we be trying to sign a certain Portsmouth striker if attitude towards Everton made a difference ?

Nugent is certainly a true Blue . Would he play his ass off for us though ?

Wouldn't we be trying to sign a certain Portsmouth striker if attitude towards Everton made a difference ?

Nugent is certainly a true Blue . Would he play his ass off for us though ?

I think if you ask EW he'd give you a very positive response in terms of Nugent playing his ass off for us B) I suppose we should have signed him.

As for Holtby, yes he seems genuine, he seems promising as well getting headlines such as the 'biggest talent in the 2. Bundesliga', so IMO he could be another second division gem that Moyes buys.

when does his contract run out?

Not sure Sprooly, will ask his Dad. I think it's end of next season. If Aachen don't make the top flight they won't be able to resist the offers that come in, so they don't risk him going for nothing. Fingers crossed, Lewis will avoid injury and go somewhere in a top league. As his Dad says, that will probably be in Germany. The German sides do not rush anyone of his age regardless. Thankfully he's still only 18 and has time on his side.

I think if you ask EW he'd give you a very positive response in terms of Nugent playing his ass off for us B) I suppose we should have signed him.

As for Holtby, yes he seems genuine, he seems promising as well getting headlines such as the 'biggest talent in the 2. Bundesliga', so IMO he could be another second division gem that Moyes buys.

Problem I see it Holtby has made his feelings clear, leave it at that. Constantly going to the press saying "I want to play for Everton" can have a negative effect, could be seen as desperate. From the limited footage I have seen he looks OK, see how he does in reserves as a starter.

SSN Reporting this now.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5126290,00.html

Germany Under 19 forward Lewis Holtby has revealed he would love to play for boyhood club Everton one day.

Holtby, who has a Liverpool-born father, is currently helping Alemannia Aachen's attempt to win promotion to the Bundesliga.

The 18-year-old's performances have attracted the attention of both Schalke and PSV Eindhoven.

Reports rubbished

However, Holtby has rubbished reports he is joining Schalke in the summer and is steering well clear of revealing future plans, apart from confessing his desire to play for The Toffees.

"I am not willing to make any statements regarding my future beyond the end of the season right now, but it is a fact that I will not join Schalke," he told Deutsche Presseagentur.

"If I ever get the chance to play in the Premier League one day, I would love to join Everton who are my favourite club."

When SSN covers a story it usually means it has some truth to it.

Personally I just Love it when a player confesses they would love to play for us, it makes a nice change to hear that rather than the usual man utd,chelsea, liverpool rubbish they normally say.

Could be another top young player and I'm guessing he would be on lowish wages so its a big yes on this one from me!

DOnt know if the last link i put on worked but if you can find highlights of Germany U19 v Finland U19 (on German channel DFB, i think) you will see a bit of what Lewis' football is about. He's touted about as a Left winger/left footer, but you will see the first two goals he set up(admittedly good finishes also) were with his right. The second turn and little dink through is great, as is the run to the byline and cross for the 3rd. Lewis is No. 7 by the way. As i say, if you can find it, worth a watch. Think he got man of the match as he was interviewed after the game, but my German isn't that good (in fact its sh*te)

Edited by claretblue74

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

never heard of him

Plenty of background from the horses mouth earlier in the year....

Let me put you out your misery. Lewis' dad is a toffee, has been for 40+years. His Dad is English (Ex- R.A.F),mother is German. and Lewis had a short trial with you guys about 12 months ago, i think. I know this because he is my nephew. Man Ure and the Arsenal both had scouts looking at him. Rumour is he is going to a top flight side somewhere. Wherever it is, we will be very proud, but his Dad woould be over the moon if it was Goodison. :)

Hi Blues ! Thanks to my Bro for posting the Lewis Holtby thing, i'm his dad, a Blue for 42 years ! Lewis spent a week at the Academy a while back, before he was given pro contract at Aachen. Since then he's progressed leaps and bounds, plays just about every week for 1st Team and is a German U19 (played against England last year, lost 1-0, damn was hard cheerin for ya son in a German shirt). Lewis is an Evertonian thru and thru too, and an England fan ! He's all the talk of new talent here at the mo, Bremen, Leverkusen, Schalke, Hamburg and more all interested, but Lewis will be stayin here next year, too early for the Premier League at the mo. He will deffy leave Aachen at end of season, but not sure where to yet. But eventually, who knows, will wear the Blue of his and my team before he ever wears red! All the best to Davey and the boys for Cup Semi v Utd, and if were in Final, Lewis and i will be over for it ! All the best, Chris Holtby

If we could have got him for 2.5m Euros and are now going to offer £7m it's a bit of a cock-up :unsure: .

• 11 months later...
  • 7 months later...

http://www.footybunker.com/everton-making-move-for-schalke-04-youngster/7676

It's all well and good to say that we'd rather N'Zogbia, but with Downing on his way to the shit stain on the other side of the park, it seems a likely transition that Villa will add him to their ranks. I think Moyes knows full well that the Premier League's "affordable" wingers are in short supply, so a move similar to the one for Bily (a relatively unknown player from a continental club) could be on the cards, as much as I and I'm sure Moyes would like N'Zogbia here. Even if it's solely based on him being an Everton fan, I find it somewhat reassuring that at least the rumours around Everton are regarding positions we need to fill, so I'm hopeful there's at least some truth in this.

Then again it could just be more speculative journalism, but it's worth considering. What are people's thoughts?

Would love to have Lewis Holtby at everton. fingers crossed there is some truth in this. Maybe we can get to him via twitter

@lewisholtby apparently, ive flat out asked him if theres Any truth in the rumour. Dont expect him to answer but wouldnt it be cool if he was as open as his dad? Would love to see him here as he would add something that we lack. Still think 6 mil is a bit hefty.

He finished last season with 4 goals and 10 assists in 2029 minutes in the Bundesliga. Those are very good stats. He can play on the left wing as well as behind the striker. Plus he's young, if we could muster 6 million I'd be very happy with him. If he'd have decided to play for England you'd probably be looking at more than 20 million.