IGNORED

Lewis Holtby

Pienaar wasn't good enough for their team either, and he doesn't do too badly for us.

Not saying I want him, mind.

That's true but we knew what we were getting with Pienaar back. Holtby done hardly anything for Fulham last season either. Edited by Paddock

Would be a great deal if we brought him in. He's certainly not best suited to a deeper role as I've read above. He's better in an advanced role i.e behind the striker. He works hard and his technique is good. The only problem is Spurs and their astronomical fees for surplus squad players. Anything around £5m would be a good deal.

Great replacement? Based on what?!

Yes he was impressive in Germany but that was nearly 2 years ago he had his chance to shine in the premiership, arguably twice, and failed to do so either time. Think people are a little blinded because hes a blue...

Yes he was impressive in Germany but that was nearly 2 years ago he had his chance to shine in the premiership, arguably twice, and failed to do so either time. Think people are a little blinded because hes a blue...

He didn't shine at spurs but no one really did last year, thought he looked decent at Fulham.

Maybe it's because he's a good player!

Totally agree, even in Germany I thought he looked good but not great, didn't exactly stand out.

He looked decent in a very poor Fulham team, but so could I in that team.

Unless someone sees something else in him I haven't noticed then I'm sorry but I'm telling Bobby No!

Maybe it's because he's a good player!

Again, based on what?

Might be like Cleverly and its been well hidden for a while. I'm not saying no to him by the way, just that people seem to be rating a player who, so far, has failed to impress in the EPL

Again, based on what?

Might be like Cleverly and its been well hidden for a while. I'm not saying no to him by the way, just that people seem to be rating a player who, so far, has failed to impress in the EPL

Every time I've seen him play I've been impressed with his work rate & technique. I think he'd slot in to our side no problem and that's nothing to do with him being a blue. I genuinely believe he's wasted at Spurs. His stint at Fulham was never going to be a success, they were awful.

Every time I've seen him play I've been impressed with his work rate & technique. I think he'd slot in to our side no problem and that's nothing to do with him being a blue. I genuinely believe he's wasted at Spurs. His stint at Fulham was never going to be a success, they were awful.

So if he was wasted at Spurs (bit part player) and never going to be a success at Fulham (wasn't helped by the flotsam around him, granted, but didn't coat himself in glory either), where did you see a player that would slot into our side? And into which position?

Again, I'm not saying no to him but people need to be realistic; he would be an average replacement for Osman, his work rate is quite good and his technique is hit and miss. It will all depend on the price and wages. The only thing he has better than Ossie, at the moment, is an age closer to 0. Thats not to say he wouldn't be a good investment, there is a player in there for sure.

Spurs have a penchant for taking talented players from across the footballing world, and making them look like club footed, simpletons. Usually they do this by hyping them to god like status, then when they fail to instantly push spurs to the top of the league, they consign them to bit part players. Playing them so infrequently they loose sharpness and cohesion, and by playing them them out of position.

Look what they did to Pienaar when they had him.

Holtby had great ball control skills, quick feet, can pick a pass, especially around the final third and has good vision.

He is NOT a central midfielder, nor is he a winger, but he can do a job there (better than Ossie).

He also has a good engine and is a Blue, so come on lets get him on loan with a agreed future fee.

So if he was wasted at Spurs (bit part player) and never going to be a success at Fulham (wasn't helped by the flotsam around him, granted, but didn't coat himself in glory either), where did you see a player that would slot into our side? And into which position?

Again, I'm not saying no to him but people need to be realistic; he would be an average replacement for Osman, his work rate is quite good and his technique is hit and miss. It will all depend on the price and wages. The only thing he has better than Ossie, at the moment, is an age closer to 0. Thats not to say he wouldn't be a good investment, there is a player in there for sure.

He played a lot for Spurs and did well. Being out of favour with managers doesn't make you a bad player Matt. I rate him.

Now playing for spurs in Europa so cup tied should we sign him.

Nope.

He would only be a Europa and cup player for us so would be wasted.

Still think he's overrated, haven't even watched the usual you tube clips of his best bits though so could be missing something in him.

Friend of mine who supports spurs rates him in the same bracket as Fellaini, says he had a decent spell and is good but not great. Though I actually rated Felli.