IGNORED

Lewis Holtby

Guest blueboy122

I think they'll have their sights set a bit higher than European qualification as well and won't look at us like a big rival.

Yes but would we loan one of our players to a West Brom, Swansea?

I don't think he ever rejected us but we were interested in picking him up on a free which would have been during this window. Spurs paid a fee to get him early and then didnt seem to want to play him. I still think he is a good player but needs game time to get to grips with the prem - this is why I would be reluctant to take him on loan as either way it works out is kind of bad

1- Turns out to be a sack of brown stuff

2- Is brilliant and we return him to Tottenham an established player

Very little in it for us

3. He performs well here, sees no future with Tottenham with all of their bodies, and pushes for a permanent move.

Spurs will not loan us any players so forget it. We are their biggest rival outside of the top teams for Europe, and it is not in their best interest to make us stronger, not that I think Holtby would.

A little too much sentiment given to him because he is apparently an Everton fan. Well woopy - doo. So am I. I'm not sure Everton want to sign me though. If he was any good he wouldn't be put on loan to get him off the wage bill.

I think we should change your tag line from The Eternal Optimist to something else ;)

Spurs will not loan us any players so forget it. We are their biggest rival outside of the top teams for Europe, and it is not in their best interest to make us stronger, not that I think Holtby would.

A little too much sentiment given to him because he is apparently an Everton fan. Well woopy - doo. So am I. I'm not sure Everton want to sign me though. If he was any good he wouldn't be put on loan to get him off the wage bill.

I think we should change your tag line from The Eternal Optimist to something else ;)

*edit, why was this post published twice with 90 minutes between postings?

I tried to post it on the train but lost connection so i closed down the internet and watched a movie instead. When I opened TT again the post was still "uploading" so i hit enter.

Edited by Peter H

*edit, why was this post published twice with 90 minutes between postings?

I tried to post it on the train but lost connection so i closed down the internet and watched a movie instead. When I opened TT again the post was still "uploading" so i hit enter.

I blame the internet in Swedeland :shaking fist:.

funny the Holby topic being talked about today. I was only checking through Spurs games line ups from this season to see if he was being used much. Hasn't even being getting on the bench up to tonight. I was wondering if he was injured.

Spurs snatching Holby up for next to nothing January was a decent move- can see them making a few million on this deal

I will give Spurs one thing they haven't had too many flops over the past four or five years (on the whole) and have made some decent money in transfer dealings.

That Levy is a shrewd or very lucky operator. Couldn't beleive Caulker being sold for around £8M, got £4.5M out of us for Peinaar, massive fees for Modric and Berbatov and the immeanent world record fee of £85M for Bale - How on earth has he pulled that one off. He has some balls - always screws every last cent out of clubs trying to buy Spurs's best players.

They are going to end up selling and buying around £100M worth of player this transfer window. quite amazing really. They will have a strong squad next season - think Arsenal fan need to be worried.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Say this happens, do he and Barkley rotate? One drops deep and replaces Barry? Barkley becomes a winger? We change our formation?

I just don't see how this works as he is the same position as our brightest young talent mr ross.

Please educate me on this. I feel if we're going to spend, spend on something we really lack, not stock a a position were already strong at.

Edited by markjazzbassist

Say this happens, do he and Barkley rotate? One drops deep and replaces Barry? Barkley becomes a winger? We change our formation?

I just don't see how this works as he is the same position as our brightest young talent mr ross.

Please educate me on this. I feel if we're going to spend, spend on something we really lack, not stock a a position were already strong at.

I could see Ross playing a deeper role in the future, but I'd imagine there would be a bit of rotation early on. I feel we need a CM, Winger, CB, and striker this summer -- assuming Barry stays.

Holtby

Carles Gil

Indi

Lukaku?

That would be a good summer for me.

EDIT : Also hoping Duelofeu stays too; if not, then I believe we will need another pacey, quick-footed player (who is "arrogant").

Edited by TonkaRoost

If Sherwood's still manager come the start of next season I think we may have a chance but will depend on fee. He's exactly the type of player Everton need in the squad. Very versatile across the midfield.

However, if a new manager goes in he may be given a new lease of light at Spurs.

I know hes an Evertonian, but apart from that Ive really not been as impressed as everyone else. Dont get me wrong, he would be a good addition but I dont get people going crazy for him.

Same here, I think if anything he's just an alright player, I haven't watched him as closely as I would if he was playing for us but he can't be that good if he's at Fulham on loan.

Please educate me on this. I feel if were going to spend, spend on something we really lack, not stock a a position were already strong at.

If we get into Europe Ross can't be expected to play every game can he? And what if he gets injured? The lad needs competition for his place, if he is as good as we think he is then he needs pushing and decent competition for his place is surely the best way?

I know hes an Evertonian, but apart from that Ive really not been as impressed as everyone else. Dont get me wrong, he would be a good addition but I dont get people going crazy for him.

He's not had a great time in England so far, but he was exceptional in Germany before he came over. I think if he was playing regular in a good side again he would really flourish. Similar to Macherano when he couldn't get a game at West Ham, goes to the shite and was brilliant.

If we get into Europe Ross can't be expected to play every game can he? And what if he gets injured? The lad needs competition for his place, if he is as good as we think he is then he needs pushing and decent competition for his place is surely the best way?

Agreed which is what I think osman brings. My point is why spend 8 mil on a position were good at when we need a striker, an impact winger and another young centre back and centre mid. Just seems a waste of resources. Well have the best attacking mid duo in the league only to leak goals (complete hyperbole, just trying to make a point)

Agreed which is what I think osman brings. My point is why spend 8 mil on a position were good at when we need a striker, an impact winger and another young centre back and centre mid. Just seems a waste of resources. Well have the best attacking mid duo in the league only to leak goals (complete hyperbole, just trying to make a point)

Yeah your right, although I think Ossie is getting a little to long in the tooth. I think this is and always will be our problem without major investment. We need quality cover in every area to mount any sustained challenge on the to four, cup or European competition.