IGNORED

Lewis Holtby

We're not good in that position though. If Barkley gets injured for a lengthy period then we're stuck playing Osman there full time and he can only last 10 minutes before he looks like he's been playing for an hour!

Or it can be said that way! Lol

Guest blueboy122

Or it can be said that way! Lol

That's the only way.

We have a great player playing there regularly but when he's injured we have to replace him with an average mid tabled premier league footballer who has no legs and for large parts is a liability as he can't compete and win a ball back and challenge players literally walk past him.

He's not had a great time in England so far, but he was exceptional in Germany before he came over. I think if he was playing regular in a good side again he would really flourish. Similar to Macherano when he couldn't get a game at West Ham, goes to the shite and was brilliant.

he was impressive (I didn't see him play but that seems to be the general opinion) but that was 2 years ago. Since then he has been average and I think that is because of the difference in the leagues and the pace. The Bundesliga is a great league and is getting better and better each year but still not at the Premiership level yet, in my opinion.

Again, I would like him because we need numbers, he would be good competition for Barkley and, especially after today's performance, Ossie

he was impressive (I didn't see him play but that seems to be the general opinion) but that was 2 years ago. Since then he has been average and I think that is because of the difference in the leagues and the pace. The Bundesliga is a great league and is getting better and better each year but still not at the Premiership level yet, in my opinion.

Again, I would like him because we need numbers, he would be good competition for Barkley and, especially after today's performance, Ossie

He wouldn't be competition for Barkley and Osman, he would be competition for Barry in the left side of the two holding positions.

• 2 weeks later...

He'll be off back to Germany unless someone is going to offer him first team football, not rotation. Probably would have gone to the World Cup if he hadn't left the Bundesliga, was pretty highly rated before his move to Spurs. and I'm sure he still is rated back home

• 4 months later...

According to the mail today Spurs are willing to listen to offers. He was a real talent in Germany. I'd love to see him at Goodison. He's also a massive Everton fan which is nice :)

Well of course they are - they don't use him, only bought him for buttons and can sell for a massive profit. It's Levy so he'll be charging a premium, especially if it's us because we're a direct rival. I can't see us being able to afford him even if we are interested.

Was that how much they paid, just 1.5m? Really have to question why Moyes never went for him at a time when we needed midfielders

Call me a sceptic but this is where the Moyes to United agreement absolutely stunk. I believe that at the time Holtby was available that Moyes had already "unofficially" agreed to join united. In other words, was he really that bothered???