IGNORED

Chris Eagles

not bein picky doesn't mean you change your opinion of players

By not being "picky" i mean you have to look at a lower calibre of player otherwise you end up with no one. Its Moyes' opinion that matters at the end of the day. If he likes him and hes available cheap then he will go for him.

But hey maybe Gueye is ready to step up to Pienaar's position?

Edited by Jay Bernard

Must admit I have learned something from spurs fans opinions of pienaar, despite seeing enough of him via live games (and not so much BBC highlights) their appreciation of him seems to different of that us blue fans. They think they are getting some workhorse who is not going to challenge Lennon etc, whilst we all know that he will probably link very well with the likes of vdv and modric, who like pienaar are proper footballers in the technical sense.

What's that got to do with eagles? I can't be sure but I guess nearly everyone on here probably doesn't know enough about him to say a euphoric yes or no. The same went for Charlie Adam last year, he was considered a big no, when in actual fact he would be great understudy/cover for arteta. I pointed out that he had a very tidy left foot, clearly evident this season as he been pulling the strings - apparently attracting the likes of Liverpool, villa, Newcastle etc.

Point is, I would say give it a go. He had enough to be played at united and has been a success where he is, under the circus upstairs we aren't gonna get a van der vaart, no wonder moyes has gone to Iceland.....

Must admit I have learned something from spurs fans opinions of pienaar, despite seeing enough of him via live games (and not so much BBC highlights) their appreciation of him seems to different of that us blue fans. They think they are getting some workhorse who is not going to challenge Lennon etc, whilst we all know that he will probably link very well with the likes of vdv and modric, who like pienaar are proper footballers in the technical sense.

What's that got to do with eagles? I can't be sure but I guess nearly everyone on here probably doesn't know enough about him to say a euphoric yes or no. The same went for Charlie Adam last year, he was considered a big no, when in actual fact he would be great understudy/cover for arteta. I pointed out that he had a very tidy left foot, clearly evident this season as he been pulling the strings - apparently attracting the likes of Liverpool, villa, Newcastle etc.

Point is, I would say give it a go. He had enough to be played at united and has been a success where he is, under the circus upstairs we aren't gonna get a van der vaart, no wonder moyes has gone to Iceland.....

because they're not bias...that's pretty much what pienaar is

i'd be happy enough, i think eagles is a decent player...id prefer jarvis or matt philips, but money is an issue

Every time i see Eagles he has the same qualities as Bentley, not great speed and not a huge amount of ability to beat a man but a great right foot with the ability to put it on a six pence. The only difference is Arsenal let him go to a smaller club on loan and Blackburn took a chance and ended up making a killing, nobody has gambled on Eagles. Don't know what the amount is or his contract status is but i rate the lad highly.

Christ, we've certainly lowered our standards, we have always been in debt but at least we kept managing to break our transfer record each year with Beattie, Johnson, Yakubu, and Fellaini.

We wasted 13 million last year on Heitinga and Bilyaletdinov why did he not buy a decent striker or a decent winger.

What a come down.

Christ, we've certainly lowered our standards, we have always been in debt but at least we kept managing to break our transfer record each year with Beattie, Johnson, Yakubu, and Fellaini.

We wasted 13 million last year on Heitinga and Bilyaletdinov why did he not buy a decent striker or a decent winger.

What a come down.

could'nt agree more Bill, even with Fellani, he cost a fair old £££, we have spent alot in the last year or two, and don't really have alot to show for it, in terms of players, its the same old faces who end up pulling us through, look at Billy, he hardly ever starts and when he does play its never for more than 15mins at the most

could'nt agree more Bill, even with Fellani, he cost a fair old £££, we have spent alot in the last year or two, and don't really have alot to show for it, in terms of players, its the same old faces who end up pulling us through, look at Billy, he hardly ever starts and when he does play its never for more than 15mins at the most

By the looks of things one of the best if not the best defensive midfielder in the Premiership the only money we have wasted in terms of the first team is the money used on Bily and even then I still think he could come good if he's played in the proper position. If we have to get shut of Johnny we will surely make a profit on him.

On Eagles to me he's a poor mans Bentley he can whip in a decent ball the same goes for set pieces but other then that he has very little pace and struggles to beat players, We would be better off giving Gueye a run of games and see how he fares.

Edited by EFC-Paul

By the looks of things one of the best if not the best defensive midfielder in the Premiership the only money we have wasted in terms of the first team is the money used on Bily and even then I still think he could come good if he's played in the proper position. If we have to get shut of Johnny we will surely make a profit on him.

On Eagles to me he's a poor mans Bentley he can whip in a decent ball the same goes for set pieces but other then that he has very little pace and struggles to beat players, We would be better off giving Gueye a run of games and see how he fares.

Not worth trying to sign in my opinion, He is championship player at best. Half of his career has been as a substitute.

Even now with Burnley back in the championship he is only a fringe player ....

Click to enlarge

yeah, but Fellani is just starting to come good now though, look at what happened when he first arrvied, he was getting sent off and booked all the time and gave the ball away far too easy, he has made a huge improvement, but i still think for the money we paid for him £15m, especially when you think Spurs only paid £8m for Van Der Vaart who is a class act, i would expect the finished article, which Fellani is not, but he is looking a bit good at the moment, can we keep hold though?? i think he could be something to build a team around, and he plays in the middle aswell

Edited by theprisoner

Guest blueboy122

You could compare price tags all day long though mate, van der vaart looks like a quality player but its only his first season give him another and see where he is then. We are only paying 15 million on the drip dont forget its like 3 million a year for 4 seasons and if we win the premier league they get the full amount something along them lines anyway! Fella is still only 22 also, van der vaart is a veteran hes been around for years, how old is he 28 or something and hes played in 3 or 4 leagues cant really compare the 2 to be honest. Because spurs paid 8 million doesnt mean that should be the threshold for all top players, imaging redknapp " were not paying 20 million for carrol because we only payed 8 million for van der vaart" its all about the circumstances around the player and thier club, Real madrid wanted him gone and off the wage bill so they just flogged him, now with andy carrol if they were to buy him hes an essential part of the newcastle team so they will want a lot of money for him because he is needed and would need to be replaced.

Edited by blueboy122

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...