IGNORED

Chris Eagles

Eagles has looked good this year, and 4m is not a huge price for an englsih player. Whether or not he can cut it at a higher level is to be seen though. He has got pace and vision though so would add some depth to the squad, i'd prefer someone with a bit more quality to be starting in the team really, but Moyes has done wonders in picking players from the Championship and quickly establishing them.

• 1 month later...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5374459,00.html

"Inevitably, if we were in the top half of the Premier League we'll get bids for players, and you've got to be open minded and say 'we might sell someone for £5million plus, because that's good business'," he added.

"Then you can buy another lad who's as good as Chris McCann or Eagles for £1million from lower down. We've got to be prepared to do that.

Interesting, actually mentioning two players names publicly. That suggests they may be courting bids and may have already received some offers. This is the type of player Moyes might be interested in and a genuine winger has to be a priority.

I'm not being funny (Im a man city fan - I should be piss funny following such a joke) but if you after a cheap wide man, I think you could do a lot worse than look at Chris Brunt at West Brom, I think he had a cracking season & would cost about the same you are talking for Eagles.

• 4 months later...

We need to add quality as well as numbers, would he get first team spot? Not really, we are in need of getting a midfielder in who can play alongside arteta in a central 2 man partnership, in the longrun Rodwell is the lad to do that but we need to allow him to develop without the need to put such pressure on his shoulders.

save the £4m, get another £12m and look at moutinho or velosso, the likes of cahill and fellaini aren't first names on sheet for me so any more players need to be better than those two.

We need to add quality as well as numbers, would he get first team spot? Not really, we are in need of getting a midfielder in who can play alongside arteta in a central 2 man partnership, in the longrun Rodwell is the lad to do that but we need to allow him to develop without the need to put such pressure on his shoulders.

save the £4m, get another £12m and look at moutinho or velosso, the likes of cahill and fellaini aren't first names on sheet for me so any more players need to be better than those two.

I would have to agree with you.

If Eagles cant get in to Burnleys starting XI then hes not good enough for Everton

For me he is no better than Osman

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

If you read the rest of the thread you'll find out. Infact, my reasoning is just above your post so you won't have far too look ;).

I dont think hes shite at all. Infact I could see him doing a very similar job to Pienaar they both have that technical ability and will run all game.

In terms of our finances at the club we cant afford to be picky and I think Moyes could get the best out of this lad.

I dont think hes shite at all. Infact I could see him doing a very similar job to Pienaar they both have that technical ability and will run all game.

If you say so, but he's never impressed me. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong because scraping the barrell is the only market we're able to shop in and Eagles fits that bill perfectly.