IGNORED

Victor Anichebe

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...

he should go..he's never gonna win people round at everton they simply don't like him

In think you like many others Marco identify that somewhere in there is a player more gifted than most. He is like a race horse. You persevere with him more than others, and you shouldn't feel like you are slated for it, if he showed as much loyalty and determination as you, we would have a player on our hands.

Unfortunately he doesn't seem to have it between the ears, the same as with his compatriots Yak and Yobo. I used to think Yak's relaxed manner was what made him such a composed finisher - it isn't, he just doesn't care as much as he should do.

Victor has the attitude of a young kid who's been asked to wash his dads car and sulks with every splash of water that he gets on his jeans. Rather than take pride and do a good job, he simply splashes his cloth across the car and sulks when his dad only gives him a quid for doing such a bad job.

He hasn't worked on his first touch for me, you could accept it a few years ago and say he was raw, it seems to me that he believed he was the finished article a while back. Even the likes of Rooney work on their weaker parts. Vic's second touch is a tackle, usually followed by him sitting on the floor dispossessed berating the referee.

Bit of a pity, could have been a real player for us in the way Heskey has been for his strike partners - but even better.

Vic strikes me as a guy that needs to be motivated and told how good he is.

People forget that he's only 23, and still has a few years before he is expected to reach his prime. You can argue that there are other players of similar age, but that would be irrelevant, as Vic is who he is.

He's not had a long period in the team, and the first time Moyes gives him a period in the team, fans moan. He was looking good before he broke his leg.

For me, he needs this season under his belt, where he is part of something. If after he has had a big part to play, there is no improvement, then great, sell, but to invest what we've invested in him, and then cart him out just as he is getting his chance is nothing short of impatient and short sightedness.

Edited by Avinalaff