IGNORED

Victor Anichebe

his attitude is shit agreed but i really don't think he has had a fair crack in this side..not upfront anyways..people scrike about his goal record but his appearances have been a massive percentage as a sub and even then he's been stuck on the wing most the time..he shows what he can do upfront..did it against in both games last season then he is bumped back out on the left..you could argue he should just get on with it like ossie does and he should but he should also get a fair crack and he is too often a scapegoat in my opinion..although again he doesn't help himself by tossin himself all over and moanin..stick him up front and tell him to hassle and bully like he can and we'd have a good player..stick him on the wing he cries cos in his head he is still as you say a little kid

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

his attitude is shit agreed but i really don't think he has had a fair crack in this side..not upfront anyways..people scrike about his goal record but his appearances have been a massive percentage as a sub and even then he's been stuck on the wing most the time..he shows what he can do upfront..did it against in both games last season then he is bumped back out on the left..you could argue he should just get on with it like ossie does and he should but he should also get a fair crack and he is too often a scapegoat in my opinion..although again he doesn't help himself by tossin himself all over and moanin..stick him up front and tell him to hassle and bully like he can and we'd have a good player..stick him on the wing he cries cos in his head he is still as you say a little kid

Agreed.

When we can't afford to buy players, we can't afford to give them away without being absolutely positive they have been used to the best effect without result.

The guy could even become a great defender should he not succeed as a striker. As a kid, the pallette is still empty.

he can succeed as a striker...the kid can finish..he has showed it before that he can finish..he can hustle and he can bully the biggest..he's quick enough to keep with the fastest..sort his head and praise him when he does good..people just jump on his back before he's done anythin wrong

he can succeed as a striker...the kid can finish..he has showed it before that he can finish..he can hustle and he can bully the biggest..he's quick enough to keep with the fastest..sort his head and praise him when he does good..people just jump on his back before he's done anythin wrong

Again I agree.

All young kids have attitudes. Before he was injured he was starting to have an impact. Moyes owes him another chance and the fans do too. He single handedly kept us in Europe with awesome displays. If he could find that again, he could become invaluable.

As I said earlier, £3M is a joke.

RE Marco & Avinalaff

If he was still 18-19 I might agree with you but he isnt. Vic will never make a top class Premiership striker for three reasons:

1st - He has the touch of a rapist which hasnt improved since he came on the scene.

2nd - He doesnt score enough goals, and while I agree he hasnt started as much as he could have, whenever he gets in a goal scoring position the net is very rarely troubled. He took his goal against P.U in preseason very impressively, but its the 1st time in how long?

3rd - He is too busy moaning and complaining instead of getting on with the game. He is too quick to blame other people for his own poor performance, and until he accepts that it was his shit 1st touch that let someone else get the ball off him, or that the reason he fell over is because he wasnt strong enough then he will NEVER improve enough. He could bully any defence, but you get the feeling he doesnt want to, its easier to fall on the floor and claim for a foul.

I love it when players come through the academy, and I still wish we had JV but im afraid Vic wont ever make it past average, unless he changes his mentality.

RE Marco & Avinalaff

If he was still 18-19 I might agree with you but he isnt. Vic will never make a top class Premiership striker for three reasons:

1st - He has the touch of a rapist which hasnt improved since he came on the scene.

2nd - He doesnt score enough goals, and while I agree he hasnt started as much as he could have, whenever he gets in a goal scoring position the net is very rarely troubled. He took his goal against P.U in preseason very impressively, but its the 1st time in how long?

3rd - He is too busy moaning and complaining instead of getting on with the game. He is too quick to blame other people for his own poor performance, and until he accepts that it was his shit 1st touch that let someone else get the ball off him, or that the reason he fell over is because he wasnt strong enough then he will NEVER improve enough. He could bully any defence, but you get the feeling he doesnt want to, its easier to fall on the floor and claim for a foul.

I love it when players come through the academy, and I still wish we had JV but im afraid Vic wont ever make it past average, unless he changes his mentality.

Mate, do you really need to use those terms when expressing yourself?

I'm a family man in my mid 40's with a wife and daughter. No offence but as soon as I read unnecessary comments like that I just switch off,

How do you really expect anyone to take what you write seriously when you begin with that? It just makes me shake my head.

Sorry, but it's not for me.

i've argued his case as much as i'm ever gonna...if he scored 10 hat tricks in a row people would complain about him still at times..i remember when he did good things last season in a few games people said it was lucky or about time rather than sayin well done..shit attitude to have towards your own players

i've argued his case as much as i'm ever gonna...if he scored 10 hat tricks in a row people would complain about him still at times..i remember when he did good things last season in a few games people said it was lucky or about time rather than sayin well done..shit attitude to have towards your own players

Worth keeping jus to bully man city, jus hope he can play like he does against them week in week out.

We need a full season out of him, in a good position that suits him, and see what he can do.

It will always be hard to stamp your authority playing out of pposition in bit part roles.

Fans are fickle. As soon as he scores against the RS they'll have his name on banners hanging high and proud.

I don't think he will ever come good no matter how much time you give him. He has too slow of a reaction and thought process and has a awful touch. His touch might improve but what he is lacking is in his head and it will never improve. We should sell him for 3 million and with hopefully the money from yakubu and yobo we could buy a decent striker or winger.

Marco, in fairness, the fans gave him a standing ovation after being subbed against city. It was the type that said "yeah, that's what we want from you, well done lad" what did he do that was different? He ran channels, he used his strength, he remained motivated, didn't moan and just generally worked his socks off.

When you see him turn into some floor slapping child with his bottom lip sticking out and his posture all stooped you feel like punching him. We know he'll never be arteta in terms of technique, but we certainly can expect him to man up and show some bottle and give defenders a work out.

Tottenham has accepted an offer from LA Galaxy for Keane.. Looks like he is US bound. Leaving Sven no alternative to Ani... I thing Svens going to buy him *fingers crossed* Hoepfully we can use the 3 mil to get Sturridge on loan with an option to buy. (perhaps Jag-money?)

Tottenham has accepted an offer from LA Galaxy for Keane.. Looks like he is US bound. Leaving Sven no alternative to Ani... I thing Svens going to buy him *fingers crossed* Hoepfully we can use the 3 mil to get Sturridge on loan with an option to buy. (perhaps Jag-money?)

Not going to happen he's probably the best young English striker for some time and even if he was for sale he's worth a damn sight more then the £10 mil being spouted about a while back.

If you have playes like Henderson and Chamberlin fetching £15 mil to £20 mil and £35 mil for a streak of piss like Carroll then for me your looking at more for Sturridge then the first two mentioned.

Not going to happen he's probably the best young English striker for some time and even if he was for sale he's worth a damn sight more then the £10 mil being spouted about a while back.

If you have playes like Henderson and Chamberlin fetching £15 mil to £20 mil and £35 mil for a streak of piss like Carroll then for me your looking at more for Sturridge then the first two mentioned.

The fee for the year long loan is rumoured to be 3 mill, but I think that its a waste of money if we dont get an option to buy at the end of the season. http://www.mirrorfoo...icle782261.html

IF Everton for some reason had 15 mill to spend, (jags money) I would not be at all unhappy if it was all spent on Sturridge

At the end of the day, a club cant demand silly cash for a benchwarmer. The likes of henderson, chamberlain and carroll were playing regular first team footy. I agree, sturridge looks to have the makings of a great striker, the longer he stays at chelsea, the more he will stagnate, a deal starting at £10m rising to £15m is fair.

Vic is more than a bench warmer. He has been getting first team football for some time.

We need to consider the following:

WE DON'T DO GOALS REGARDLESS WHO THE STRIKER IS

This is because our team is not creative enough, and not because the strikers are crap. We have Saha, and Yakubu, both of whom are top class strikers and proven Prem players, yet neither can score at the moment. We have Beckford, who was absolute class in the division he came from, and still we struggle for goals, so it's hardly surprising Anichebe hasn't scored many either from the positions he's been played in.

Our problem isn't Anichebe, or any other strikers, but the fact that our midfield can't pass, or retain the ball, and our movement is naff.

We could do with an attacking coach, as all our coaches are defenders, or defensive minded.

Im with Avinalaff on this one..

now that Pienaar is gone Arteta injured = zero creativity from our mid

No one in our mid is capable of a quick thinking through ball for one of our stikers to run on to

As for Vic id like to see him play 10 games up front ( never going to happen for him at this club) in his natural position before reserving judgement

He's not a left or right sided midfielder end of story....Moyes obviously sees something we don't in him

Vic is more than a bench warmer. He has been getting first team football for some time.

We need to consider the following:

WE DON'T DO GOALS REGARDLESS WHO THE STRIKER IS

This is because our team is not creative enough, and not because the strikers are crap. We have Saha, and Yakubu, both of whom are top class strikers and proven Prem players, yet neither can score at the moment. We have Beckford, who was absolute class in the division he came from, and still we struggle for goals, so it's hardly surprising Anichebe hasn't scored many either from the positions he's been played in.

Our problem isn't Anichebe, or any other strikers, but the fact that our midfield can't pass, or retain the ball, and our movement is naff.

We could do with an attacking coach, as all our coaches are defenders, or defensive minded.

I think its a bit of both to be honest.

We are definitely lacking in the creative department but I also think the forwards have to take their share of the blame. If there is no movement from the forwards how are the midfielders supposed to feed them?

I dont think Saha has any problems scoring at all even though he did have that barren spell at the start of last season. The Yak is finished in the Prem and I think the jury is still out on Beckford.

As for Vic I think he is a confidence player and at the moment he just isnt confident when he is through on goal and you cant blame the midfielders for that.

I remember not so long ago someone saying he had all the tools to become the new Drogba but unfortunately I think he has developed into the new Heskey

Im with Avinalaff on this one..

now that Pienaar is gone Arteta injured = zero creativity from our mid

No one in our mid is capable of a quick thinking through ball for one of our stikers to run on to

As for Vic id like to see him play 10 games up front ( never going to happen for him at this club) in his natural position before reserving judgement

He's not a left or right sided midfielder end of story....Moyes obviously sees something we don't in him

And yet you wanted to use yobo as a winger?

I agree with alot of this, but ani is not going to make it at Everton. He just isnt good enough. The yak is a different