IGNORED

Lescott

Yea there allways doing it......

from Talksport...paraphrasing moyes quote: "Joleon's attitude has not been right the past days. he has disappointed me and disappointed his team mates. he will not be playing. he is still not for sale. He can sit and grate cheese on his glingon head for all I care."

:D :D

Moyes must know that this doesn't help the price City are willing to pay for Lescott, which means he doesn't care about the price, which means he won't be selling.

To be honest although I applaud DM's stance on not being bullied by the cash, I cannot help but think that today is the day it back fired a little. I think with the statement that was released this afternoon with DM's quote on Lescott's 'attitude' that the bridges have probably been unrepairably burnt. Sure DM can dig his heels in & say he has 3 years left on his contract, I'm not selling, but there is little point in that, Moyse must have known this was truly the inevitable outcome, maybe if we had sat down with City a week ago a replacement would be on board by now & we wouldn't be facing the prospect of Neville or Rodwell at CB tomorrow night. I mean can we really afford to have a 22m player :blink: at the club yet not in the squad?

He needs binning now to be honest. If his attitude is to the extent where he's dropped for an important match like tomorrows then I don't want him here.

I think up until today, I was still optimistic about him putting a shift in and pulling his head in. He can fook off now. Just hope that we don't get fleeced fo a replacement.

** Looking at that article on SSN, it does seem like Moyes has opened the door a little to Lescott going...

"I find Joleon a really good boy to work with, a pleasure in fact. I couldn't say enough good things about him.

"But the boy has changed. It is not just me who has noticed but the players who are working with him have noticed it as well.

"But the door is open for Joleon. We don't want him to go, I have said that all along, unless we get an offer that I think is right.

Edited by DonKey

I want him gone...in january. replacements need to be bought now to give them time to gel before we're relying on them 100%. Moyes needs to sit down in a room with Joleon, tell him that he's going to honor his contract til January, shit even have Hughes sit down with him, so he can hear it for his self. Also, Moyes needs to make it clear to Joleon that, even if he thinks the deal is shit, his World Cup spot is on the line: either he performs for Everton or loses his spot in the England squad. Then put a deal in place (like I'm sure was worked out with CR9). I'd love to see a deal like this.

Petrov and Dunne come in on loan til Jan now.

In January, assuming they pan out, we sign them and Joleon goes the other way with 15-18 coming ours.

Whatever happens, In Moyes We Trust.

Edited by bluenoseyankee

"But the door is open for Joleon. We don't want him to go, I have said that all along, unless we get an offer that I think is right."

That quote is the clincher. Moyes has been saying all along that he won't sell anyone no matter what, but now he's changed that and is now saying he won't sell anyone unless the right offer comes in.

That, plus the fact that he's prepared to play Phil Neville or Rodwell at CB against Sigma tonight, says to me that Lescott has played his last game for Everton.

This is a damn shame. I thought Moyes was going to buck the football world trend and actually honour his word. But it seems he miscalculated Lescott's personality/mental resolve and the risk didn't pay off.

I want him gone...in january. replacements need to be bought now to give them time to gel before we're relying on them 100%. Moyes needs to sit down in a room with Joleon, tell him that he's going to honor his contract til January, shit even have Hughes sit down with him, so he can hear it for his self. Also, Moyes needs to make it clear to Joleon that, even if he thinks the deal is shit, his World Cup spot is on the line: either he performs for Everton or loses his spot in the England squad. Then put a deal in place (like I'm sure was worked out with CR9). I'd love to see a deal like this.

Petrov and Dunne come in on loan til Jan now.

In January, assuming they pan out, we sign them and Joleon goes the other way with 15-18 coming ours.

Whatever happens, In Moyes We Trust.

It would be lovely to think this could happen, however the threat of injury always hangs over a player. If before January he got an injury that ended his career he would want to be on the CIty contract not the Everton one. It's about money more than anything else.

I dont think that Man Shitty will make another offer for Lescott.

I think with DM dropping him for tonights game they will wait until January to offer for him again and Everton will either have to take the ofer they rejected the other week or risk having a player that might not play in the first team for a while

Deserved!

His attitude stinks! Look at Barry last season when his move to Liverpoo was denied and to a lesser extent look at Greening when his move to Fulham wasn't granted after the first few bids - both just carried on with what they're paid to do.

Yeah it does stink, and is typical of the modern footballer's attitude - they're treated like Gods, so they think they can snap their fingers and get what they want.

I still hope he doesn't go. Moyes keeps banging on about what a 'good boy' he is, and I believe him - as with Rooney, I'm willing to bet the biggest villain in all of this is his agent, whispering in his ear like a devil on his shoulder about the all the gold he can get for selling his soul. But what's his agent's advice if the deal doesnt go through by the window? Keep sulking, lose your place in the team and then don't go to the World Cup? Surely Lescott's got enough about him to realise he's not actually in that strong a bargaining position.

Although I think the most likely outcome is, unfortunately, gonna be selling him, like I say, i hope not, and i wouldnt be shocked at all if we are hearing a grovelling apology from lescott in two weeks time saying how he wants to put it all behind him and do well for the team. Even if we got another season out of him (giving his all of course), like Villa got from Barry, it would give us time to get a proper replacement in, and he'd still be worth top money with two years left on his contract. It's a gamble, but sometimes top managers have to take these risks with players - its making them work out that proves who's best

I believe Moyes has really shot himself in the foot with all this. It would not surprise me if City simply return to the original £15m offer now. Terrible, terrible management. Moyes really has not handled this whole affair well. As Everton fans, are you not starting to get a bit embarassed by his statements, self-contradictions and delusions?

Edited by cityfan

I believe Moyes has really shot himself in the foot with all this. It would not surprise me if City simply return to the original £15m offer now. Terrible, terrible management. Moyes really has not handled this whole affair well. As Everton fans, are you not starting to get a bit embarassed by his statements, self-contradictions and delusions?

STFU...what planet are you on? A manager refuses to be bullied into 1. Selling a player against his wishes 2. Resisting "player power" over contracts.

I like the way Hughes has now learnt his lesson to keep his gob shut.

If Moyes is deluded, Hughes is fucked come a psych assesment.

STFU...what planet are you on? A manager refuses to be bullied into 1. Selling a player against his wishes 2. Resisting "player power" over contracts.

I like the way Hughes has now learnt his lesson to keep his gob shut.

If Moyes is deluded, Hughes is fucked come a psych assesment.

The way he decides to tell Lescott to go sit in the naughty corner? That is really going to help the situation. And to think that Lescott will be willing and everything will be sorted after the transfer deadline is quite deluded. He could have dealt with it differently like showing Lescott how valued he is and how much he is appreciated and maybe offering a new contract? ala JT. I think that is really poor man management which has seemingly so far backfired very bad. If anything he has simply lowered what he will now potentially get for Lescott.

Moyes should have dealt with the whole situation differently by taking a stance in a different manner and if that is still not possible he should concede defeat otherwise I don't think the Arsenal result will be the last.

Edited by cityfan

The way he decides to tell Lescott to go sit in the naughty corner? That is really going to help the situation. And to think that Lescott will be willing and everything will be sorted after the transfer deadline is quite deluded. He could have dealt with it differently like showing Lescott how valued he is and how much he is appreciated and maybe offering a new contract? ala JT. I think that is really poor man management which has seemingly so far backfired very bad. If anything he has simply lowered what he will now potentially get for Lescott.

Moyes should have dealt with the whole situation differently by taking a stance in a different manner and if that is still not possible he should concede defeat otherwise I don't think the Arsenal result will be the first.

Disagree.

With or without Lescott we won't see a repeat of that, one player doesn't make a team.

Moyes so far is dealing with Lescott the best way he sees fit and no one knows the players better than the manager. It is a very public way of giving Man City the finger.

Having said that I still think Hughes will once again bend over and get shafted for near £30m...on transfer deadline day.

cityfan,

go away please. if you want to actually add something to the conversation, then please stay. otherwise...leave. i for one do not care to hear from some bandwagon city fan that our Moyes is a shit manager because hughes has finally been told no. If Hughes were half the manager Moyes were, city would have finished ahead of us...you guys did have the brilliant signings of Robinho, Kompany, SWP and Jo: you should have killed us. well i guess we can sort it all out in Europe...oh wait.

Edited by bluenoseyankee

Disagree.

With or without Lescott we won't see a repeat of that, one player doesn't make a team.

Moyes so far is dealing with Lescott the best way he sees fit and no one knows the players better than the manager. It is a very public way of giving Man City the finger.

Having said that I still think Hughes will once again bend over and get shafted for near £30m...on transfer deadline day.

£30m is very unrealistic and if that is now the stance then the best Everton will get is a return offer in Jan for £12-14m.

One player does not make a team, you are correct, but it is astonishing what negativity looming over a club can cause. Surely the best option is for Moyes to be rid of Lescott now? The damage is done. While I can see the principle of what Moyes is trying to do, I do not consider what he is doing to be very effective at all. He may achieve the finger up at City but at what cost?

Edited by cityfan

cityfan,

go away please. if you want to actually add something to the conversation, then please stay. otherwise...leave. i for one do not care to hear from some bandwagon city fan that our Moyes is a shit manager because hughes has finally been told no. If Hughes were half the manager Moyes were, city would have finished ahead of us...you guys did have the brilliant signings of Robinho, Kompany, SWP and Jo: you should have killed us. well i guess we can sort it all out in Europe...oh wait.

Shhh please.

If Citeh come back in Jan and ofeer 12-14 Lescott will not be sold. i still don't think you understand that moyes isn't going to be pushed around by mark hughes' new found riches. money doesn't entitle you lot to every player you fancy and saying that we should 'admit defeat' is arrogant as hell. players don't want to go to citeh, they want money. get over yourself.

Moyes should have dealt with the whole situation differently by taking a stance in a different manner and if that is still not possible he should concede defeat otherwise I don't think the Arsenal result will be the last.

Its not a case of sending him to the naughty corner if you knew what you where talking about you would know he agreed a new four year contract last year, How would you suggest Moyes should have taken his stance as far as the footballing world is concerned he said he's not for sale simple and your manager kept putting it into the public view that he would pursue a deal which in all honesty is poor management and shows your club have very little morals or respect for our club, Its your club and mediocre manager that look bad in all of this not one of the best managers in this league.

Alot of City fans yourself included think Moyes will drop his value due to him spitting his dummy out, We have a great manager here and effic running throughout the club and Moyes wont back down nor will he be bullied into selling a player for less due to a tantrum, If anything the ball is still very much in Moyes's court as the World Cup is looming and Lescott will need to pull his finger out to secure a place.

Edited by EFC-Paul

If Citeh come back in Jan and ofeer 12-14 Lescott will not be sold. i still don't think you understand that moyes isn't going to be pushed around by mark hughes' new found riches. money doesn't entitle you lot to every player you fancy and saying that we should 'admit defeat' is arrogant as hell. players don't want to go to citeh, they want money. get over yourself.

Talk about self-contradictory statements ¬¬

I do understand, you do not listen. I am simply trying to talk about how you lot think Moyes has handled what he is trying to do and how you think he should do it. But you cannot see that for yourself as you do not read what I post.

Its not a case of sending him to the naughty corner if you knew what you where talking about you would know he agreed a new four contract last year, How would you suggest Moyes should have taken his stance as far as the footballing world is concerned he said he's not for sale simple and your manager kept putting it into the public view that he would pursue a deal which in all honesty is poor management and shows your club have very little morals or respect for our club, Its your club and mediocre manager that look bad in all of this not one of the best managers in this league.

It was indeed Everton who first went public of our pursuit though and then didn't like the fact that it was public. Hypocritical. And it does not matter if we do not get Lescott. We will easily move on. But what damage will have this done to Everton? The damage is already evident in a 6-1 loss so to say no damage would be ignorant.

Edited by cityfan

Moyes has handled this fine.

City didn't meet his valuation, so he rejected 2 bids. Lescott's head was turned by money and this affected the team at the weekend. So in response Moyes dropped Lescott.

I've seen Moyes speak multiple times on the matter of dropping Lescott, at no point does he say he is for sale.

Now, can city please fuck off and take your spoilt child attitude elsewhere and leave us proper football clubs in peace.

It was indeed Everton who first went public of our pursuit though and then didn't like the fact that it was public. Hypocritical. And it does not matter if we do not get Lescott. We will easily move on. But what damage will have this done to Everton? The damage is already evident in a 6-1 loss so to say no damage would be ignorant.

Yeah we lost to a very good Arsenal due to City chasing Lescott get real, We where outplayed and well beaten regardless of whats going on behind closed doors we are talking about grown men playing football yes it may have a slight negative effect but not one that would sway ties to that extent your a silly man if your that narrow minded.

We are talking about a defender who has an over inflated price tag and spat his dummy out not a club meltdown he is one player who when Jags is back will be more then welcome to sulk to his hearts content. I would sell if i where Moyes just to get shut and lets face it realistically rip your club off and you can have one more ego added to your squad.

Talk about self-contradictory statements ¬¬

I do understand, you do not listen. I am simply trying to talk about how you lot think Moyes has handled what he is trying to do and how you think he should do it. But you cannot see that for yourself as you do not read what I post.

Perhaps I should have said...players don't want to go to City for football, but for money. Better? City haven't done anything, why would players go for mid-table football?

You certainly changed your tone...you started saying DM was an idiot for the way he handled this, and now you say you wonder how we feel about it? wanker. We're torn on what he should do, but I don't think many on here will say Moyes has handled this poorly. The fault of all this is on Hughes, he needs to fuck off...he's had two formal bids rejected (both of greater value than the player) and Moyes has publicly stated at least 5 times that Joleon is not for sale. Fuck off, find a new defender and go spew your sky blue bollocks on their forums.

Everton may well have gone public about turning down the 2 bids but Hughes and Cook have been banging on about how much they like Lescott how much they will pay him etc etc since last January so yes there is a great deal of hypocrisy involved in this debate but none of it on Evertons part