IGNORED

Lescott

Lescott did recieve his scar from a motor incident when he was young. But I wouldn't want him back, that fucking saga during the summer of 2009, of will he, won't he, join Manchester City dragged on for so long, and we capitulated to Arsenal on the opening day of the season as a direct result of it.

Was a good club servant, but it degenerated into something distasteful in the end, as he finally got his way and went to City and left a sour taste in a number of supporters mouths. As with Rooney, I think a fair number wouldn't exactly welcome him back with open arms. I have to be truthful and say I'm in that percentage, however much it may be. He wanted to leave, caused a lot of disruption at the time, and it's where a lot of animosity towards Manchester City derived from with our supporters. A fair number still harbor a grudge and I don't think it's in his best interests to consider a move back.

Don't understand how anybody rates Shawcross. Probably because he's relatively young and English. He's a yard dog defender in a yard dog team, that is the reason he can look above average at times. How he gets anywhere near the England squad is a joke.

This...

Shawcross is about to sign a new six year contract.

Essien is injured again and we should steer clear of him. Mikel is a poor player, I seriously do not know how he gets a game at Chelsea. And the jury's still out on Romeu. Made a good start but then faded badly.

If we sell our best player in Fellaini then I'm hoping we'll go for players that would cushion the blow, not make us even weaker.

...and this.

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard myself that it's done, but I didn't know if it was a loan or permanent.

I'm loathe to see us spend that much on a player who's coming to the end of his career though. He's younger than Distin but we won't get a penny for Distin to make up for it. I'd be much happier if we just loaned Joleon rather than put a more permanent barrier in the way of Duffy making one CB slot his own in the next year or so.

"Everton would therefore make a big loss having previously sold Lescott to City for £22m."

Can someone explain to me what this means? Make a big loss? That makes it sound like we're losing out. I love your guys version of English more than the "American" version but sometimes you guys confuse the hell out of me happy.png

Pienaar, Lescott... Fellaini should think twice about leaving us because they all seem to want to come back biggrin.png

No trans Atlantic confusion....it just means the writer is an idiotsmile.png .

Haha alright then.

I like Lescott but age concerns me. Distin is 34. Jagielka is 30. Neville is 35. Heitinga is our youngest CB and is 29 and likely gone anyway. I'd like to add someone with less milage, you know? How's Shane Duffy coming along?

Distin was like buying a 5 year old car with 40k miles on the clock for £5k, using it every day, taking it up to 160k miles without having to pay a penny in maintenance. Yeah may get nothing in sell on but £5m for his service has been brilliant business. We lost that on bily.

The reason I ask is that £6.5m isn't expensive if Lescott can give us what Distin has, which I am confident he will.

I think the main thing for me is the fact that if we had been more solid this season - not conceeding silly goals vs Newcastle, Norwich, Fulham, etc. then we'd probably be comfortably top!!! Lescott and Jags are a brilliant combination - Howard, Baines, Jags and Lescott are a proven unit.

The reason I ask is that £6.5m isn't expensive if Lescott can give us what Distin has...

Got that and I agree.

Thirty is nothing for a centre back....he's got five/six more years in him at the top level (then we send him back to Wolves to complete the circlesmile.png ).

For £6.5 mil we should be looking else where. We needed Distin, we don't need Lescott. He has nowhere near the natural fitness to play as long as Distin as this level, recently commented that he is disappointed about how high his BMI is. Although for a nominal fee, yes.

For £6.5 mil we should be looking else where. We needed Distin, we don't need Lescott. He has nowhere near the natural fitness to play as long as Distin as this level, recently commented that he is disappointed about how high his BMI is. Although for a nominal fee, yes.

Obviously this is pure speculation for my part but I doubt he's actually going to get sold for that much. I'm guessing that Man City leaked that amount.

If Everton is truly interested in Lescott and are willing to put in a decent bid for him then I imagine Man City is going to have a hard time convincing him to sign elsewhere. He has history with us, played arguably his best soccer here, and would be joining us at a time where we're competing to get in European soccer. I don't know for sure of course but I would think this would be very appealing to him.

Does anyone think the money we spent on Distin was a waste?

No not at all. He has been brilliant for us. Looking a little shaky this season but a rock previous seasons.

I like Lescott but I do think 6.5 is way too much. Around 3.5-4 mil would be a good deal

Edited by Peter H

Isn't he free on a Bosnian in 12 months?

rofl.gif

I'd say yes to a transfer for Lescott, we need to put what happened in the past behind us because he was a fantastic player for us and is one of the best transfer options we have at regarding the CB spot - especially if Heitinga leaves.

It definitely looks like he'll be on the move. Now City preferred some 18-year-old debutant so he'll probably want to be going. While he would provide quality, I'd be looking to get the same from someone younger. If we do decide to go for him, I hope it would be for less than 6,5m.

I dont necesarily know how much better at the back we will be. As a team we were much more compact then, and while I think he is better than Distin (and Heitinga on current form), our defensive problems wont suddenly disappear by bringing in another CB.

We should bring in Tony Pulis as the defence trainer :D

I dont necesarily know how much better at the back we will be. As a team we were much more compact then, and while I think he is better than Distin (and Heitinga on current form), our defensive problems wont suddenly disappear by bringing in another CB.

Heitinga's current from is just shite isnt it?

Id love to see lescott back, though him and jags really gelled together in those CB spots. As for Distin, he is my favorite defender in the league to watch, the guy really impresses me, He has so much physical capability and he can read the game so, so well.