IGNORED

Lescott

Lots, yes. Everton is not confined to the pages of Toffeetalk, or didn't you know that?

Considering you were replying to a thread on Toffetalk and made no mention of outside views then I did think you meant people here had given you reason to think that's behind why they don't want Lescott back.

Considering you were replying to a thread on Toffetalk and made no mention of outside views then I did think you meant people here had given you reason to think that's behind why they don't want Lescott back.

You know I'm always right .......... Grammar Police.gif

biggrin.png

Heitinga's current from is just shite isnt it?

Id love to see lescott back, though him and jags really gelled together in those CB spots. As for Distin, he is my favorite defender in the league to watch, the guy really impresses me, He has so much physical capability and he can read the game so, so well.

Its all stemmed from the Euros. He was brilliant for us at the end of last season, then he turns up at the Euros and looked poor and rightly dropped. He wasnt that bad in the games he played for us earlier in the season, but he was below the levels he set himself and in his most recent games he has looked off the pace.

One thing I will say about him though is that he is clearly a player who needs games to get sharp. When he joined us and when he first started getting a run he didnt look that great but after 2 or 3 games he looked rock solid. He was given a few games earlier in the season and never really kicked on like he has done previously and tbh he looks devoid of confidence and authority. I used to love Heits because he didnt take any shit. He wasnt the biggest but he still bullied the opposition strikers. Too often this season they are bullying him.

In a statement released on Lescott's behalf by the player's spokesman tonight, it is clear he wants to remain with City.

"Joleon Lescott has ruled out the possibility of any loan move during the January transfer window," said the statement.

"Despite speculation linking him with several Premier League clubs, Joleon has no desire to leave Manchester City."

In a statement released on Lescott's behalf by the player's spokesman tonight, it is clear he wants to remain with City.

"Joleon Lescott has ruled out the possibility of any loan move during the January transfer window," said the statement.

"Despite speculation linking him with several Premier League clubs, Joleon has no desire to leave Manchester City."

He's just secured his loyalty bonus pay-off when he leaves then!

"Despite speculation linking him with several Premier League clubs, Joleon has no desire to play football."

Fixed it.

To be honest we need to be getting the average age of our squad down. Average age was 30 on wednesday, If we get a centre half he needs to be early 20's IMO to compete long term with Duffy theres a young lad at Leicester called Moore i think who looks good.

• 2 months later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21917422

England can be the beneficiaries of Lescott's determination to restate his international credentials and showcase the talents that would make him a bargain at around £4m at season's end. Former club Everton will be in the hunt after fences were mended following his acrimonious £24m move to City in 2009, as well as Aston Villa.

I can't see Lescott ever coming back. There was a certain amount of animosity when he went and it effected the team to an extent, including that 6 - 1 loss to Arsenal a few days into the new season, and harsh words were spoken from some areas, and I just can't see a return here ever occuring. The same goes for Rooney in this capacity. Aston Villa looks a much more plausible destination. I think Lescott would fit right in there, if the midlanders can survive this season, and they should.

If one of our 3 senior CBs moves on in the summer then I wouldn't mind him for £4M provided he didn't take the piss over wages, but I would rather we found a younger option or even give Duffy a go

We are short in defence, so it would be a decent move for a player who played his best stuff with us.

Duffy is a kid, and will get his chance eventually, be it sooner or later, and that depends on him to prove himself. At 21, he shouldn't be too concerned about not being in a starting position. His career is only beginning.

Distin is good for a year or two yet, so Shane needs to keep his nose in the door, and hope for a chance, but no rush. Heitinga isn't quick enough for the Prem, and I think he will leave in the summer.

Why are people talking about pace!? They are central defenders not wingbacks!

Fair enough its an attribute that helps at times but its not detrimental and non of those mentioned are particularly slow and players like Terry Ferdinand Kompany and so on have hardly been held back by having pretty average pace saying that there's not many I can think of that are rapid bar Distin..

I'd take him if He took a huge paycut and Johnny departed as 4M is a good reported fee but if not I'd rather give Duffy the nod.

Why are people talking about pace!? They are central defenders not wingbacks!

Fair enough its an attribute that helps at times but its not detrimental and non of those mentioned are particularly slow and players like Terry Ferdinand Kompany and so on have hardly been held back by having pretty average pace saying that there's not many I can think of that are rapid bar Distin..

I'd take him if He took a huge paycut and Johnny departed as 4M is a good reported fee but if not I'd rather give Duffy the nod.

It is vital if you want to play dominant football higher up the pitch. Also, Kompany is really fast.