IGNORED

Lescott

I was actually considering this a week or so ago, so it's amusing that there is a story.

For me, he was our best defender, and very charismatic. We had the best defensive partnership in the league at the time. I've always stated I'd have him back, but how on earth can we afford him?

It could only happen if one of our big players went the other way.

I was actually considering this a week or so ago, so it's amusing that there is a story.

For me, he was our best defender, and very charismatic. We had the best defensive partnership in the league at the time. I've always stated I'd have him back, but how on earth can we afford him?

It could only happen if one of our big players went the other way.

City could pay the wages Fellaini will be able to command, they would be able to offer him champions league football and the promise of trophies (possibly).....Lescott is getting towards his last year on contract and he's not a youngster, would City if they were desperate to get Fellaini (ahead of United and Chelsea) offer a deal such as Lescott + 18/20 million.Thy do have plenty of money, Lescott is out of favour and we do hold the trump card (Fellaini).

Thing is would Lescott + 18/20 million be better than a straight £30million for Fellini?

Edited by Blue 250

City could pay the wages Fellaini will be able to command, they would be able to offer him champions league football and the promise of trophies (possibly).....Lescott is getting towards his last year on contract and he's not a youngster, would City if they were desperate to get Fellaini (ahead of United and Chelsea) offer a deal such as Lescott + 18/20 million.Thy do have plenty of money, Lescott is out of favour and we do hold the trump card (Fellaini).

Thing is would Lescott + 18/20 million be better than a straight £30million for Fellini?

Definitely not. Why would a 30-year-old out of favour centre back who's almost out of contract anyway be worth 10-12m?

I think Fellaini is the most wanted player in the league, so the price for City to take him would be record breaking. They'd need a bit more than Lescott and 20m.

Guest blueboy122

I think Fellaini is the most wanted player in the league, so the price for City to take him would be record breaking. They'd need a bit more than Lescott and 20m.

Well its between him or suarez!

Lol Thats swung it for me, if pete doesnt rate him he must be good!

I was in the minority on here who backed Felli in his first season.

Lescott has improved/matured, if he was the same player that left I'd only want him back to for the sake of Jags, but as it stands he'd offer more than that.

We honestly do not need him. Jags, distin, heitinga, duffy and a bunch of youngsters coming up. If we are to sell Heitinga, then maybe, but id prefer to buy in the 20-25 bracket (years)

We need another striker. And perhaps another winger for cover. (either side). I would not mind another goalie. I put Kristoffer Nordfeldt forward in another thread. Think he would be awesome

Honestly, if you're going to sell Fellaini anyway, you'll have the funds to get Ryan Shawcross, who I'd rather see coming than Lescott cause it's already starting to become a geriatric society in EFC's central defense. Just let Fella go to Chelsea or ManU or whatever, but let's hope the board won't be tempted by a Man City swap deal.

You can't go around the fact that there need to come midfield reinforcements, more specifically Defensive, box-to-box and central defense. Chelsea have a nice array of such players and I'm sure they'll be willing to trade, cause they have an abundance. In such case I wouldn't mind a swap deal. Lampard will ask too much wage, but why not someone like Romeu, Essien or Mikel? All of that will off course depend on the terms and let's face it, we're just some outsider enthusiasts chatting on a forum with no information at all :P

Don't understand how anybody rates Shawcross. Probably because he's relatively young and English. He's a yard dog defender in a yard dog team, that is the reason he can look above average at times. How he gets anywhere near the England squad is a joke.

I'd love Lescott back....Really can't see it happening though

Shawcross is about to sign a new six year contract.

Essien is injured again and we should steer clear of him. Mikel is a poor player, I seriously do not know how he gets a game at Chelsea. And the jury's still out on Romeu. Made a good start but then faded badly.

If we sell our best player in Fellaini then I'm hoping we'll go for players that would cushion the blow, not make us even weaker.

Shawcross is about to sign a new six year contract.

Essien is injured again and we should steer clear of him. Mikel is a poor player, I seriously do not know how he gets a game at Chelsea. And the jury's still out on Romeu. Made a good start but then faded badly.

If we sell our best player in Fellaini then I'm hoping we'll go for players that would cushion the blow, not make us even weaker.

The football market is one with a lot of demand and a very scarce supply. Everyone wants to be the best. There is no way you can compensate losing Fellaini, unless you spend all your funds from Fellaini's transfer on one player. That'll never happen, since Everton has debts to pay off. You'll have to settle with a downgrade. Someone like Romeu isn't even a such a stupid idea, but I can't imagine Chelsea letting him go without some tough negotiation by Everton. Even Nainggolan will probably be too expensive.

In reality, EFC will probably go shopping in Schotland, the Netherlands or Belgium once again. Odjidja alone won't be enough. You'll need a real defensive mid as well.

Besides Odjidja I can even highly recommend Niki Zimling as a defensive mid. He's a very reliable force and exactly the kind of guy for Everton. He'll cost about max 2 mil i reckon. Besides Club Bruges, which is the oddest team in the world and therefore not a standard, he also plays for the Danish National Team, where he's one of the strongholders. He playsvery Everton-like.

Get Odjida + Zimling from Club Bruges and see what it does.

I didn't say we wouldn't be weaker, it's guaranteed that we will be if/when we sell Fellaini, but we need to look at players who would soften the blow and none of the players you've suggested even come close to doing that and I'm thankful you're not our manager. Although, at least this time you didn't just reel off a list of Belgians!

I didn't say we wouldn't be weaker, it's guaranteed that we will be if/when we sell Fellaini, but we need to look at players who would soften the blow and none of the players you've suggested even come close to doing that and I'm thankful you're not our manager. Although, at least this time you didn't just reel off a list of Belgians!

I suggest when you read my comments you don't just follow your prejudice and use your brains. I'm not fond of such expressions, but you use them yourself, so i guess it's okay. It's not a shame to not be the smartest guy out here, but when you aren't, don't be tempted to be that rude.

Edited by Mirallas

I suggest when you read my comments you don't just follow your prejudice and use your brains. I'm not fond of such expressions, but you use them yourself, so i guess it's okay. It's not a shame to not be the smartest guy out here, but when you aren't, don't be tempted to be that rude.

Wtf are you talking about? What prejudice? If you think any of my post was rude then you really need to get out more.

I'd take him for cheap l, he might be 30 but Distin is 35 and still fit as a fiddle. Lescott hasn't had that many bad injuries in his career that might shorten his shelf life has he?!

Also, when Distin goes in the near future we'll be left with Heits and Jags, the shortest CB pairing in the league! We could do with Lescotts presence in the box at both ends of the pitch.

Edited by MoyesForPM

I'd take him for cheap l, he might be 30 but Distin is 35 and still fit as a fiddle. Lescott hasn't had that many bad injuries in his career that might shorten his shelf life has he?!

Also, when Distin goes in the near future we'll be left with Heits and Jags, the shortest CB pairing in the league! We could do with Lescotts presence in the box at both ends of the pitch.

Lescott has a dodgy knee - the story behind it was that it wasn't a football injury. The rumour was he was baseball batted in a revenge for something involving a lady friend who he shouldn't have pursued.

That story has done the rounds for quite some time.