IGNORED

Lescott

That obviously goes without saying hence the rest of my post....

Positional awareness and how to read the game and obviously being able to tackle are the main attributes all of which I think Lescott has with the added bonus of being a threat from set pieces.

Steve I get what your saying and I totally agree but we are not Barcelona and defenders are called just that for a reason a defender really should be more honed on set pieces and Im not saying your wrong on Kompany as you will have seen far more of him with him being fellow countryman but I've never thought he was particularly pacey tbh.

I thought he was over praised mate, and was surprised he got the poty.

He was hands down our best centre back last year... Albeit hands down our worst so far this year!

Don't want Lescott. Go for someone younger, someone who has pace as one of his standout attributes. (I'm not convinced Duffy is fast enough to be a long term starter in the Prem btw)

Must admit that is a slight concern of mine as well. Its ok if we want to sit deeper but could cause us a few issues the higher we press up the pitch. I hope its not because in all other areas he has the potential to be top class.

• 1 month later...

Hmm, not sure about this one... with the damage he's had to his knees over the years he is unliikely to see a late career, I would take him for £2m with a definate reduced salary. If we could get £6m for Heitinga then maybe. I wanna see duffy get his chance.

Not sure some supporters would welcome Lescott's return here, Yes it's been said before. Left under a bit of a cloud, the departure to Manchester City dragged on all through the summer, and the club suffered as a direct result of it, for a short time. Many harsh words were spoken for a time, and maybe we've all moved on from that, but Lescott moving back maybe wouldn't be for everyone. I had no real animosity, and would have him back as still capable and can contribute, and for the prices suggested, could be worth a move.

What are his options? Arsenal maybe? aside that maybe Villa as he is a local lad. He has made his money at City so apart from that we would be the best option for him. 30 is not old for a centre back and he has been well rested the last two seasons so he should have 4 seasons in him

Jolean will not be enough. You can let Johnny go, but I reckon Sylvain won't stay for too long neither, definitely if the main central couple would be Jags-Lescott. After next summer, EFC should already look into buying yet another new central defender if nothing new turns up from the youth.

Jolean will not be enough. You can let Johnny go, but I reckon Sylvain won't stay for too long neither, definitely if the main central couple would be Jags-Lescott. After next summer, EFC should already look into buying yet another new central defender if nothing new turns up from the youth.

yep 100% agree, doesnt look like anything turning up from youth either outside what we already know.

• 8 months later...

Nowt to do with Everton but seems he'd rather sit tight on the bench and run his contract down banking his salary rather than move on and try to play his way into the World Cup squad....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-transfer-news-joleon-3093494#.Uuqbmvl_uSp

On (past) ability I might have him back but his wages would be too high no doubt and he probably thinks he's too good for the likes of us anyway :rolleyes:.

• 4 months later...