IGNORED

Johan Hammar

Louis

Malmö's 15 year old midfielder Johan Hammar has joined Everton on trial.

His agent, Martin Klette says "They were watching him during the elite camp in Halmstad in early July"

"He will play in a tournament this weekend and gain an insight and experience from a larger club's youth activities."

• 3 years later...

http://efcfeelinblue.com/hammar-happy-with-everton-move/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=hammar-happy-with-everton-move

Everton youngster Johan Hammar says he is glad he chose Everton over Heerenveen, the youngster had a chance to join the latter but knew straight away that it was the blues he wanted to play for. Hammar signed from Malmo two years ago after impressing during a trial and is enjoying being a regular in the under 21′s.

He told Sankten.se:

“There was no question at all and I decided pretty quickly that it was this step that I wanted to take. I had nothing to lose by it,” the 18-year-old told

“During the test game I felt so good at Everton, so I decided pretty early on Everton.”

Hammar continued: “It took a while before I got into the tempo and aggressiveness here, it was quite a big difference from the past.

“I am in perfect shape and I feel I’ve developed every day. I play from the start with the U21 team (reserve team) and it’s been really good recently.”

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Cant help feeling that we will look back on this and say "he got away"

Representing Sweden in the u19's

its ok, we'll sign him from Wigan or Sheff Utd for 5-7m in a few years....

Serious note, wonder if DM has got round to speaking to the younger players?