IGNORED

Andy Jonhson

I agree TL.

Theyare talking that Ruud is worth £14m. Now don;t get me wrong good player but he is about £30 now.

I would rather have Ruud than Shev as I agree withEFCFan. I don'tthink he will do it in the Prem.

Reports today that the Arse turned doen 2 £50m bids for Terry Henry before he signed new deal.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should do what they did with BT, The chairmen agree to bid the same price and let the player decide which Club he wants to go to.

Saves getting into an auction and pushing the price up, the club had accepted 7m bids from wigan and us, why did bolton not offer the same, they would get the same chance to talk to him.

Why inflate the price to try to get a player who doesnt really want to go to Bolton.

Should do what they did with BT,  The chairmen agree to bid the same price and let the player decide which Club he wants to go to.

Saves getting into an auction and pushing the price up, the club had accepted 7m bids from wigan and us, why did bolton not offer the same, they would get the same chance to talk to him.

Why inflate the price to try to get a player who doesnt really want to go to Bolton.

That seems to make sense toffeelicker. I just hope we get this one. Missing out on Ashton, Bellamy in the past still pisses me off. Ashton was great in the cup final last week before he got too tired. I still can't make my mind up on Johnson. I know he's done it before in the premiership but 7m is a lot, would McCarthy or Pieroni or even Collins John be a better cheaper bet?

I think AJ works well with a team built AROUND HIM. If you're looking at him to link up with the midfield, hold the ball up or make space for Cahill to work around with then you're looking at the wrong player.

You give him service, he'll give you 'x' amount of goals every season. Simple. He'll work his socks off game in game out and work hard for the team.

I think that is exactly the kind of player Everton needs. Some one who can score goals. TBH your main problem for the last 2 seasons was scoring goals. He'd be an excellent buy at 7 mil. Quite young as well, only 25

according to the echo the Arseholes are favs to sign him as he would rather go there.

Can't understand why he would want to go there as he won;t get much of a game

I don't think that he will sign for us. Wouldn't be surprised if he stays but I think a lot will depend on if Dowie stays

according to the echo the Arseholes are favs to sign him as he would rather go there.

I don't think that he will sign for us. Wouldn't be surprised if he stays but I think a lot will depend on if Dowie stays

I cant understand why he would go there either. Its a bit confusing when youve got about 5 different stories about the same thing each saying something different.

I dont think Dowie will be staying, think he will piss off tbh

Guest fozzie22

makes sense if a london club comes in for him,he'll go there i would imagine

Playing devils advocate here, but quite often in the past, agents have bigged up the clients they represent in order to appeal to a wider selection of clubs, can see a bit of this here.

I would hope AJ follows his heart and goes to a club where he will be assured of 1st team footie week in week out, can't see that happening at Le Arse.

ATB

Mac

I would have thought that could only help us as a new manager will wnt to bring in new players and they might have to sell Aj to bring them in.

Plus wouldn't surprise me if it was Dowie that got AJ to stay last season

Its been confirmed by Simon Jordan that Everton, Bolton and Wigan have bid for AJ with the highest being £8million from Bolton, but that all three bids have been turned down. Everton are not likely to bid any more than we have are we?

Also why the fuck havnt Everton said on their website that weve bid for AJ :angry:

i agree goldfish.....BUT......in his position, he's laughing really, cos he just keep rejecting and rejecting and mugs like us keep coming back and bidding more and more....

realistically he knows he can keep rejecting til he gets 10 mil, and if he doesn't then he's kept the best player palace have had in years (which means he gets all the plaudits from the palace fans)