IGNORED

Andy Jonhson

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree Londonblue.

I looked on Evertons website after reading that Bolton had matched Wigans offer in hope that something would have happened and all they talking about in transfer wise is Alan Stubbs and he wants to go after another defender. Most prob Weir anyway

Just a joke we are

At least Bolton's bid will force them to act, (if they intend to). If Bolton hadn't matched Wigan's bid I could see them hoping that AJ would turn Wigan down after talking to them. That's not something they can rely on now because Bolton will be a viable proposition for him.

I really think that Everton have shot themself in the foot with this one.

Why would he choose us now when we are reluctant to match the offers.

As you said Bolton is not a bad move for him. Finished above us this year and were close behind us last season so not a one hit wonder.

Just waiting for Everton to come out and say that they have not bid for him.

I very dissapointed that we cant even compete with the likes of Wigan and Bolton to buy i player! :( When moyes has money we wastes it on Crap players! im sick of it! :angry: i dont even we could compete to get Nugent! ;):angry: <_<

If we dont make a bid tomorro then we never will!

Edited by Cloud

If we let A.J. go to Wigan or Bolton then i think its a disgrace. i kno Johnson has got his doubters who say he isnt a proven scorer and he only scores penalties, but if you look at his record he's scored where ever he's been and as for penalties, he's the one winning them. a goal is a goal if your Everton

Guest fozzie22

sellers market tbh so he'll get what he wants..

as for bolton i find it amazing that they've gone from a club that hardly ever buys anyone,just loans them to throwing this sort of money about,just shows how much they want to keep big sam i suppose.

sellers market tbh so he'll get what he wants..

as for bolton i find it amazing that they've gone from a club that hardly ever buys anyone,just loans them to throwing this sort of money about,just shows how much they want to keep big sam i suppose.

Sams had the green light to build a young, exciting, British squad just like Spurs and if the chairman holds his nerve and manages the money correctly i think they are gona do well with that policy.

Its what we should be doing!

http://www.myfootballnews.co.uk/feed_news_...15&story=666002

Why why why are we pissing around haggling like this. So we are now prepared to go up to 8m apparently. Every transfer deal has to turn into a white knuckle ride of brinkmanship with Moyes and Kenwright. Do we want this player or not? If the answer is yes why can't they deal like Arsenal do and just buy him for the price asked?

Surely if we don't have the money for him, why are we putting in a bid of 8m? How come we can afford 8m but not 8.5m? Why is 500k so important? Its almost as if they are deliberately going out of their way to wind Jordan, (and AJ) up. Can't they see what this type of behaviour does for morale both within the club and amongst the fans.

What is needed here is leadership, a message indicating what direction this club of ours is going. If you want a decent striker who will score goals in the premiership you usually have to pay top wack. If Moyes had been more decisive in the past we might have been lucky and got Bent, Bellamy etc at a more reasonable price. The fact is however AJ is too well known, he was never going to be sold for a more reasonable 5m. Why can't Moyes and Kenwright see that the extra 3.5m is the extra they are now having to pay for past ineptitude.

We are not in a position to 'unearth a gem' at a cheaper price. We can't take a risk on this. Our goal difference is absolutely diabolical and has been so for years. A proven goalscorer would help to fill the team with confidence and go a long way towards improving the way we play as well. Everyone knows that when you can't score you are always playing under pressure and so the long boot out of defence becomes the dominant feature of your game. We have no pace, AJ provides pace. He scares defences and causes them to make mistakes thereby reducing pressure on his own defence. For God's sake can't they see 500k is therefore neither here or there. Unless of course they are playing a game with their own fans and trying to show themselves competing for a player they have no intention of really signing? Surely this is a conspiracy theory too far.....isn't it???

Agree with Everything you say Londonblue.

All we going to do is piss off Aj and he will join Bolton.

I honestly don't thnk that we will come in with a bigger offer and to wait for Johnson to turn down the 2 other offers on the table is stupid as it will mean that he will have to stay at CP if noone else comes in for him and I woudl have thought that we would be happy to go to Bolton if it meant staying in the Championship for another season.

I fear we have lost the boat on this one and even if we do bit (which I don't think we would have) then it will be to late as he will talk to the other 2 clubs first.

Just read on ICLiverpool that Everton have uped there offer to £8m (included are add onns) and they fully expect Cp to reject the move but are holding out for Aj to reject both of the offers and hope that they then accept our offer of £500k less.

Not going to happen. As I said AJ will not blow his chances of joining a premiership team.

Can't beleive that if its true they agruing over £500k

agreed London... conspiracy too far who can tell with BK?

Lets not forget THE key point here AJ 'WANTS' to play for us.. e.g.Parker/Emre/ Carrick/ Bellamey(possiby)/ Owen & Van Bommel didn't! thats got to be worth a couple mill. + He's English, again worth a few mill.(apparently)

He has proven his loyalty at Palace beyond doubt and fits in perfectly.. ball on the ground, lots of pace, goal scorer... don't forget Arsenal were interested too.

im gettin pissed off now, keep promising myself i wont look on the net to see whats goin on, i fuckin love this club, but right now im finding it hard (especially after throwing another £500 at the club!) we need quality players, DM if you think he's good enough to play for us then do somethin about it, stop fuckin around!

For fuck sake do they not realise that they are turning the people who pay week in week out to line their pockets completely against them (them being BK and DM). They should be doing all they can to give the fans something to shout about, instead of us questioning whether DM and BK should even still be at the club with the way they handle things. The extra £500,000 is fuck all if AJ scores the goals and lifts us into Europe, he will pay for his own fucking transfer fee!!!!