IGNORED

Andy Jonhson

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fozzie22
Yeah we shall have to stick it in the classic thread section - along with the transfer day  "ST DOMINGO" IM outside the training ground thread.  :lol:   :lol:

dear god that was a classic non thread :lol:

i heard tuesday morning medical conference afternoon coz he's with england squad so i've heard but not from a great source though the old friends friend but here's hoping i would think if we offer the same wages at least as others then we should get him but would be think he'd want 30 to 35 a week at least would think within our budget

i heard tuesday morning medical conference afternoon coz he's with england squad so i've heard but not from a great source though the old friends friend but here's hoping i would think if we offer the same wages at least as others then we should get him but would be think he'd want 30 to 35 a week at least would think within our budget

Dont know if i agree with giving him big wages we are showing our commitment by paying 8.5 for him and has he realy got any right to demand any more than 30 tops?

Just typed this after eating toast and jam and all my keys ar sticky now :(

every1 knows am not keen on the transfer, but i jus want this over with the suspense is killin me, i want a signing ...now if we can wrap this up maybe we can concentrate on a few others rather than leaving it till the last minute.... we still need to sort the yobo situation.... if weir leaves i think we should make yobo a new better offer

According to a number of sources Everton have agreed personal terms with England International Andy Johnson. The player travelled to Merseyside yesterday for talks with David Moyes, Keith Wyness and Blue Bill. A reported wage of £30,000 per week has been agreed, which is £15,000 under what Wigan offered. The deal will see Everton pay £8.5 million for the striker which breaks the club transfer record and will be formally announced on Tuesday.

http://borntobeblue.co.uk/index.php?option...=1406&Itemid=84

well as expected he has chosen us it does sound a good prospect bt and aj sort of remind me of shearer and sutton sort of partnership

the board showing some balls as well is what i like to see (also with other signings being linked strongly huth but will post my thoughts on that on that thread)

sounds great though 5 mil for a international (sort of) striker not bad business what so ever

Guest fozzie22
well as expected he has chosen us it does sound a good prospect bt and aj sort of remind me of shearer and sutton  sort of partnership

the board showing some balls as well is what i like to see (also with other signings being linked strongly huth but will post my thoughts on that on that thread)

sounds great though 5 mil for a international (sort of) striker not bad business what so ever

Happy with it thats for usre,but i dont like the way the payments are staggered over time,why the hell cant we k=just take it on the chin and pay teams what they want?

most payments to teams are staggared now...look at the rooney deal! even the mancs do it. its not just us so why should we shell out when others dont? would just give rivals more money to spend! i hate to say i told u so, but last week i predicted we had more money than was let on! they learnt there lesson last year! long may it continue! and i for 1 am glad BK is at the club. much better than some of the muppets at the other clubs! atleast we know he is here for the love of the club!

Everyone will pay in installments if they can.

Look at it when you bu a new car if they give you interet free credit over 4 years you take it.

I would rather pay the money over 2 years and have some money to bring in a few more new players than pay it all off in one go.

Everton fans will celebrate long and hard this week at the news that England striker Andrew Johnson will sign for The Toffees for a club record fee of £8.5m.

His prospective partnership with fellow international James Beattie could help fire the Merseyside club to greater success in 2006/07, after a season in which scoring regularly proved problematic - only the bottom three scored fewer goals than Everton.

Johnson's reputation at the top level is based on his 2004/05 Premiership campaign with Crystal Palace when he scored 21 times. He also created three other goals for the eventually relegated Eagles, but critics point out that more than half of Johnson's goal tally came from the penalty spot.

Indeed, Palace were awarded a mammoth 13 penalties in 2004-05, nine more than Everton were given last season.

Player Andrew Johnson James Beattie

Team Crystal Palace Everton

Season 2004-05 2005-06

Appearances 37 32

Minutes On Pitch 3,328 2,511

Goal Attempts

Goals 21 10

Penalty goals 11 2

Shots On Target 53 27

Shots Off Target 24 40

Shooting Accuracy 69% 40%

Chance Conversion 27% 15%

Passing

Goal Assists 3 3

Total Passes 607 521

Pass Completion % 72% 71%

Dribbling

Dribbles & Runs 186 67

Dribble Completion % 56% 45%

Discipline

Fouls 34 42

Offside 39 43

Yellow Cards 4 3

Red Cards 0 0

Beattie was criticised for his eventual goal tally during 2005/06 but only two of his 10 goals came from the penalty spot, giving him an open play total of eight, just two fewer than Johnson managed for Palace in the top flight.

What cannot be denied, however, is that a combination of Beattie's strength and Johnson's energetic running could lift David Moyes' side to new levels in the coming season, and with a new England manager in place, both Johnson and Beattie must stand a chance of regaining their place in the national squad.

looks Good! Source From: Sky Sports News!

Guest fozzie22
Everyone will pay in installments if they can.

Look at it when you bu a new car if they give you interet free credit over 4 years you take it.

I would rather pay the money over 2 years and have some money to bring in a few more new players than pay it all off in one go.

The rules regarding transfers involving english clubs is clear it all has to be paid over 12 months,half down and the rest over that period of time.

I still find the in and outs of this transfer all a bit dodgy tbh.