IGNORED

Burnley (Away)

Adpom

Hopefully when Jags, Arteta and the Yak are back, the rest of our team will have some inspiration and we will get back on track.

And on the transfer front, why would any player want to join us after that performance.

If I were Taylor, I'd rather stay at Newcastle and win games and come to us.

Edited by EFC247

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need Banega and Taylor, It didnt look that bad. Missed penalty, if Saha scored there im sure Everton could have scored another. Burnley played really well, closed the game off after they scored. They beat Manure aswell. Sure Everton needs to find the net, but it wasnt as shite as some are saying. Doomed? No, bad start, yes...

He's looked decent besides that awful touch.

EDIT: You'd honestly take any of their players over ours? Blake is the only one who's shown any degree of quality. Football wise they've been decidedly average, they're just more confident and want this more. Our players are playing poorly because they lack confidence.

Just because you're annoyed at the performance is no reason to be so stupidly negative about the players.

ok maybe not doomed hard to take that performance

Shite. Soft goal I thought, we didn't get the ball away when we had the chance. We obviously need to address the centre back situation but we desperately need some creativity, some of our play today was plain poor. I think we're too predictable and not very good to watch at the momment. I actually think this improved when felli was replaced and we went 2 up top, but on today's performance there's a lot of work to do. :angry:

im sorry but watching that crap makes me sick poor passing poor crossing poor shooting what positives can you take from that and to cap it all poor penalty you have to at least hit the damn target and make the keeper save it awful displaay i bet teams cant wait to play us at the moment

Another disappointing display... I don't agree with the doom sayers though, I just think we lack the real confidence to have gone on and won that game. That period up until the penalty was where I thought we should have scored. If we'd have scored in that period, then I think our confidence would have gone up and we may well have gone on to get a second. However, I believe that this week will bring in some new faces and a new more confident Everton, especially when we get through to the next round in the EL (touch-wood!). In fact I think there has to be some new faces this week, simply for the fact that they can't leave it until Monday next, can they!!??

Edited by wallwriter

Another disappointing display... I don't agree with the doom sayers though, I just think we lack the real confidence to have gone on and won that game. I felt that that period up until the penalty was where I thought we should have scored. If we'd have scored in that period, then I think our confidence would have gone up and we may well have gone on to get a second. However, I believe that this week will bring in some new faces and a new more confident Everton, especially when we get through to the next round in the EL (touch-wood!). In fact I think there has to be some new faces this week, simply for the fact that they can't leave it until Monday next, can they!!??

i was think that untill i saw this today but i think (and hope) your right here , thursday is huge cos were in such good shape to go through , then we have a run of games in the league which are very kind so we really need to push on from monday .

total lack of fitness showing in that game today, cahil and penar must have set there own fitness tests???..hibbert was pushing for man of the match thats how bad they where!!! ...saha should spend less time on the colour of his hair :blink: and stay on at the training ground a take a few pens!!! moyles looks a lost soul on the bench. :(

Edited by markduff

total lake of fitness showing in that game today, cahil and penar must have set there own fitness tests???..hibbert was pushing for man of the match thats how bad they where!!! ...saha should spend less time on the colour of his hair :blink: and stay on at the training ground a take a few pens!!! moyles looks a lost soul on the bench. :(

Cahill is playing out of position but I'm very worried about Felli.

Think we have bought an expensive mistake here.

Me also, if we can get Banega in alongside Arteta i cant see Fellaini gettting into the team.

IM thinking the same. I didn't like Fellaini when we got him but think he got better an better an chipped in with sum crucial goals last season even tho he was supposed to be a dm (probably 1 of the worse dm's in the prem because the lad cant tackle and cant get back in time to break up play) But he scored goals and is effective in the air but i just cant justify his place in the starting 11 when Arteta is back in and if we get this argie bargie. The lad needs to beef up and beef up fast an learn how to tackle or he's not going to get a game! On a side note is it me or does that CaptainFerguson10 sound like the most depressing blue ive ever heard am shure Kenwright has casused him harm in some way! Brighten up lad this is Everton we are not the most richest club in the world but we get on with what we do and we do it good. Have faith in the club and the management that runs it because its kept us in the top flight for years! We do it the hard way not that we chose to because we have to! Stop it with the doom an gloom an support your club or just stop posting an stay in bed!

Edited by coxy051

Do you know what. I can't be arsed getting into any debates about that performance Mabe' its only Burnley, I don't give a fuck who we are playing, that was piss poor of the highest order............the only people who can sort that shit out are the players and the management........................

On a side note is it me or does that CaptainFerguson10 sound like the most depressing blue ive ever heard...

Think you're painting him as a bit more of an optimist than he deserves there coxy.....he's far more depressing (or should it be depressed) than that :lol: !

Think you're painting him as a bit more of an optimist than he deserves there coxy.....he's far more depressing (or should it be depressed) than that :lol: !

Haha ano am starting to think he's a red or something after going through some post's he's made. I just don't get where the lad's coming from think he needs a few happy pills!

MikeO and Coxy, condesecding twats of the year. Did you go today..........answer...... a big NO............. see first hand or reserve judgement.

Nope sorry i couldn't was working like i am nearly every weekend now so don't get to go to many games like i used to. Gota make a living tho ay? I did get to see some of the first half and all the second in the pub tho an what i seen was a strong Burnley side on a high from the win against manur and a week Everton side who look low in confidence and couldn't string a pass together. Now a don't know if all this is because of the upset Lescott could have caused or if its just a dip in form and early season nerves but what a do know is we didn't just go shite over night. Remember this team finished 5th last season and is still the same team for a few seasons who have finished in the top 5.

Me also, if we can get Banega in alongside Arteta i cant see Fellaini gettting into the team.

I am starting to get annoyed at the fickle nature of the people in here.

We got absolutely smashed against Arsenal - cue the 'lets buy everyone argument' [which i do agree with a little]

We then smash Sigma - cue the 'our season has started, who needs lescott, King Louis etc etc...

We now lose to Burnley [which I do think is awful and we did look pathetic] but.. and it is a big but

Havent we all seen this before? We're everton fans goddamit.

We started poor last year, yet we finished 5th and I got to see my boyhood team at Wembley. and that was with the same squad as we have this year.

So i think this whole doomsville look on things is a little OTT. purely because we are much better team, we just need a little bit of confidence, a new player, lescott saga resolving [24 million seems to have sorted it tonight though]

lets just be everton fans again, and sit it out.

We'll prob smash Sigma 5-0 next week anyhow :)

Actually thought he was better today. In the beginning of the game he was the only one with some effort and composure.

Still sub par though, like the whole team.

Moyes does need to shake things up a bit, if these XI loose every game, why not give the whole academy a shot .. at least you know they will be giving an effort similar to what Burnley brought to the game.

Agreed with Jonny , same last year to be honest as well, just got to keep our heads up and hey, if it's like this still in a few month's time, go nuts.

Ha, that's what a bunch of people were saying about this transfer window. It's been a few months. I'm nuts.

about Burnley, wasn't able to watch the match (woke up on a mountain this morning), were we as depressing as the Arse game?

And seriously those of us who are concerned have a legit reason; we've NEVER lost our first 2 games ever...EVER. Bottom of the table is not acceptable even two games in.

johnny,

I don't know what the people who were hailing King Louis and Rodders were thinking. Sure good performance, but remember that Sigma probably would be mid-table in the Championship, may as well have beat Sheffeild. It was a good win, but a lot of sloppy play that against harsher opposition is exposed (yes I think Burnley is better than Sigma!!!). So, yes I'm worried. If our boys keep playing like shit I could do in my back yard, well I think we may find ourselves as relegation fodder once more. Here's hoping injury returns, new players and DM can get this poor poor poor form sorted out.