IGNORED

Diniyar " Billy " Bilyaletdinov

c1982

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like Diniyar gave a decent game yesterday. Unfortunately I didn`t watch. Any opinions on his play?

Quick feet, passes very quickly instead of dwelling on the ball, very good crosses both from "in play" & "dead ball" situations, need to see more but very impressed with last nights showing.

did anybody notice baines didnt pass him the ball last night?

Very good on the ball, genuinely excited by him now, excellent delivery too.

I think they did pass, Bily tended to get inside whilst Baines overlapped and they worked a couple of nice one two's. Baines did pick up the ball deep a few times and you could see he wanted to see a central player making a run so he could play a long ball :angry: , whilst the crowd egged him to run forward with it and play to feet.

Bily seems to be able to look after the ball, nice feet, excellent delivery (almost Hinchcliffe like - little less pace on ball) - but nice to see the ball beat the first man and keeper, Fellaini and Tim shall be doing plenty of set piece work with him to maximise opportunities. Something tells me his technique should see a few direct free kicks come his way.

I'm thinking of putting him in my fantasy footy team based on his corners alone!

did anybody notice baines didnt pass him the ball last night?

Very good on the ball, genuinely excited by him now, excellent delivery too.

I think it was more of them not used to playing with each other... both are used to being the 'playmaker' down the left, so a few passes went astray. From the game I can see them working well together though... Baines with the overlap, and Bily able to cut in. Give them a few games together and they'll be awesome... now we just need to look at the right side of the field.

I think they did pass, Bily tended to get inside whilst Baines overlapped and they worked a couple of nice one two's. Baines did pick up the ball deep a few times and you could see he wanted to see a central player making a run so he could play a long ball :angry: , whilst the crowd egged him to run forward with it and play to feet.

Bily seems to be able to look after the ball, nice feet, excellent delivery (almost Hinchcliffe like - little less pace on ball) - but nice to see the ball beat the first man and keeper, Fellaini and Tim shall be doing plenty of set piece work with him to maximise opportunities. Something tells me his technique should see a few direct free kicks come his way.

I'm thinking of putting him in my fantasy footy team based on his corners alone!

i said exactly the same to my dad about the corners! they were dynamite and aek struggled every time! if he can do them like that all the time i expect plenty of goals from corners this year! great to have andy style ones again they were the best ive ever seen!

i said exactly the same to my dad about the corners! they were dynamite and aek struggled every time! if he can do them like that all the time i expect plenty of goals from corners this year! great to have andy style ones again they were the best ive ever seen!

fully agree, beat the first defender and keeper everytime we had a corner or he crossed one over. I feel he will work well with fellaini and cahill as they are very good in the air. nice to see the centre backs getting involved on thursday

I don't know for sure but this is the first time in ages we have had someone who can deliver a proper ball into the box. "Proper" meaning it comes in from high and leaves the keeper in two minds whether to stand or come out for it. Dunc would have had 30 a season if we had him in 95/96!

We can do some serious damage with this lad, as soon as he starts a prem game, i'm putting him in my fantasy footy team. Got a feeling he may have a few direct free kicks coming his way too...

Not wishing to open up old arguments :whistle: . But...

Dunc would have had 30 a season if we had him in 95/96!

...but all he had to provide ammo for him was Kanchelskis and Limpar on the wings and Hinchcliffe's rubbish corners......hence he only managed seven goals in twenty games. Heroic of him given the circumstances, especially the ones against the might of Stockport and Port Vale in the cup :) .

What a legend :unsure: .

...but all he had to provide ammo for him was Kanchelskis and Limpar on the wings and Hinchcliffe's rubbish corners......hence he only managed seven goals in twenty games. Heroic of him given the circumstances, especially the ones against the might of Stockport and Port Vale in the cup :) .

:blink: Yeah because he has never scored against the likes of Man Utd or the Shite he just never seemed to be up for the big games

:blink::blink:

Depends what your definition of a Legend is. For me Dunc will always be a Everton legend because he captured the spirit of the club, the fans, the history, he was if you will an Everton Zeitguist.

:blink: Yeah because he has never scored against the likes of Man Utd or the Shite he just never seemed to be up for the big games

Iconic goals against United for sure and his strike rate (six in fifteen) is reasonable but four goals in sixteen games against Liverpool is nothing to shout about; specially as his first one was the only one scored in a game that we won :( .

...he was if you will an Everton Zeitguist.

Not for me, sad indictment of where the club was that people feel that way :) .

Unsworth maybe, but never Ferguson.

Anyway, best to leave this alone for now....we've been here too recently....I'm saying no more.

Depends what your definition of a Legend is. For me Dunc will always be a Everton legend because he captured the spirit of the club, the fans, the history, he was if you will an Everton Zeitguist.

Can someone please explain what a Zeitguist is :huh:, I'v heard Duncan called lots of things, but never one of them!

A legend surely is someone who will still be talked about when this particular group of Toffeetalk members are dust.Unsworth was an Evertonian, an average player, a huge Blue heart and pretty big legs.Now I don't know if that's enough to keep members 50 years down the line talking about him.Where as Duncan will surely warrent a mention now and again, even if it is perhaps for the wrong reasons.

Ferguson is talked about more on here than Latchford, now to ME he (Latchford is a ledgend ), but then what did Latchford ever win us?......Now Sharpy won us loads of things, yet people never use the words Sharp and legend together!!

Perhaps there is only one true Everton Legend....and we all know who that is don't we!

Can someone please explain what a Zeitguist is :huh:, I'v heard Duncan called lots of things, but never one of them!

A legend surely is someone who will still be talked about when this particular group of Toffeetalk members are dust.Unsworth was an Evertonian, an average player, a huge Blue heart and pretty big legs.Now I don't know if that's enough to keep members 50 years down the line talking about him.Where as Duncan will surely warrent a mention now and again, even if it is perhaps for the wrong reasons.

Ferguson is talked about more on here than Latchford, now to ME he (Latchford is a ledgend ), but then what did Latchford ever win us?......Now Sharpy won us loads of things, yet people never use the words Sharp and legend together!!

Perhaps there is only one true Everton Legend....and we all know who that is don't we!

Zeitgeist is literally "spirit of the time" therefore Rhino for me is a far better example than Duncan.

He's decribed as a legend more than far more worthy players like Sharpy an Latch (on here at least) because he played in the age of the internet and the vast majority of people on here are of that age.

A Zeitguist means "world spirit", its used to describe someone or something that represents a movement, or a period in time. For example the Beatles were a zeitguist of the 60s or Lennin was a zeitguist for communism.

Big Dunc sums up the spirit of Everton, ie passion, commitment, skill, inspiring presence - well to me and many other fans.

Duncan was an enigma, but our enigma, he was kindered spirit with the fans and on his day a frightening sight for any defender. One great game for Dunc was worth 10 in the memory than for any other player for the fact that he alone epitomised everything an Everton fan that they felt they would be on the pitch if they had that chance.

Yes he had injuries, punched players, got sent off, but the sight of him intimidating players who were supposedly hard men, or supposedly cultured defenders gave us fans an opprtunity to have someone on the pitch who stuck two fingers up to the fact that we weren't a great team, but we had someone there who at least carried some of the spirit of the great team of 84 where it was "if you wanna fight, we'll fight, if you wanna play, let's play hard"

As a player I feel it is difficult to judge his ability as he was unfortunately injured more than he was fit, at the start of the 1996-97 season when he was fit - he looked unreal - after 2 goals against Man United followed a knee injury that required surgery. To your point MikeO, Ferguson never got to play many matches with Kanchelskis as Andre dislocated his shoulder and his return coincided with injuries for Duncan. You can't really expect someone to receive wing service from hinchcliffe when he wasn't a winger, yes a corner taker but not a winger like Billy. Another point is Limpar played only 2 games in the 96-97 season.

Apart from that he was a true gent off the pitch and never forgot about the importance he had to the fans - i'm not going into testimony's because everyone seems to have one to support this.

On his day a great player - potential unfulfilled admittedly, but we got more memories from a dark period in one player than we did with many others combined.