IGNORED

Hull Away (Cc)

Adpom

I am unsure what Moyes might do here, i think he got 2 options.

1-play a full strenght team as winning breeds confidance.

or

2-Ring the changes an let some of the fringe players get a game.(not saying we won't win but its less likely)

i think he might start the Yak

What do you guys think?

Edited by Adpom

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont wanna see any changes, althought still would like to see Billy in action. We have now first time this season 2 clean sheets and 2 wins in a row, i think we need 3, and we need to get the permanent starting 11 after a bad start of the season. We cant rest players this early on season imo. We need more wins and confidence back up in team, and also new players better in team.

I too think there should be no, or very little change. Posters above are all correct in saying the players need more time together. The signs are good over the last couple of games and more victories will only lead to better performances as the confidence grows. I'm liking footy played on the deck how it is supposed to be!

The only change for me right now would be Bilyaletdinov if he is fit in for Osman.

Dont think theres any need to rest a goalkeeper, and i'm not a fan of playing weak teams anyway, it should always be the best 11 for me. 4-5-1.

----------------- Howard -----------------

Heitinga ----- Yobo ----- Distin ----- Baines

Bily - Fellaini - Rodwell - Cahill - Pienaar

------------------ Saha --------------------

subs Nash, Hibbert, Yakubu, Osman, Duffy, Gosling, Neil(15 Mins).

I would make a few changes to the side as we have been playing alot of games recently and have a long trip to Pompey at the weekend. However i still feel that this side would have more than enough to see off Hull. Usually i dont like the idea of a "weak" team but i think that this is still a good side and it would be good for a few players to get a rest. We have more depth in the squad now, we should use it. Pompey at the weekend is a vital and must win game for me. Return to the same squad from blackburn (apart from swapping bily with ossie) and i think we should walk both these games.

----------Howard--------

Hibbert Yobo Distin Baines

Gosling Rodwell Heitinga Bily

--------Yakubu Jo---------

Bench:- Nash, Neill, Osman, Cahill, Felli, Pienaar, Saha

I'd have one or 2 changes to rest players

Howard

Hibbert

Yobo

Distin

Baines

Gosling

Rodwell

Fellaini

Pienaar

Cahill

Jo

Bench: Nash, Heitinga, Osman, Yakubu, Saha, Neill, Wallace

There's the strength to be Hull anyway but with Ossie Yakubu and Saha the necessary backup to come on and influence the game if needs be.

We should win this 2-0 in my book.

Hull are having a bad time at the moment, and will see the cup as a chance to get things moving a bit.We've had a couple of fairly easy games, and the clean sheets and 7 goals will have done us the power of good.Most players should be able to play a couple of games a week, so keep the players together.Clever use of the subs/fresh players should be a major tactic for Moyes to play with.If we manage to get a couple of goals up and look good, get the subs on!

Wins breed confidence, and watch what confidence does to Rodwell and Fellaini.

although i agree with keeping the team together and getting them to gel, im really not interested in the micky mouse cup. i would rather let Hull have there moment so we can concentrate on the leauge, europe and FA cup. plus, i reckon our reserve squad could undo Hull at the moment...

although i agree with keeping the team together and getting them to gel, im really not interested in the micky mouse cup. i would rather let Hull have there moment so we can concentrate on the leauge, europe and FA cup. plus, i reckon our reserve squad could undo Hull at the moment...

I have to disagree with one sentiment here. I do care about the Carling Cup. It's a ticket to Europe and we'd be foolish to pass it up. We want silverware at this club and we should challenge for every competition we are in for, especially if it can book us a place in Europe by Februrary (I think the final is in Feb, there or thereabouts anyway). I would stil play a changed team, I am hesitant to say weak, we have some options in positions now and considering we are playing a weak out of form team I feel that we can afford to make a couple, though not wholesale, changes and still emerge victourious.

I have to disagree with one sentiment here. I do care about the Carling Cup. It's a ticket to Europe and we'd be foolish to pass it up. We want silverware at this club and we should challenge for every competition we are in for, especially if it can book us a place in Europe by Februrary (I think the final is in Feb, there or thereabouts anyway). I would stil play a changed team, I am hesitant to say weak, we have some options in positions now and considering we are playing a weak out of form team I feel that we can afford to make a couple, though not wholesale, changes and still emerge victourious.

i know what you mean mate, and ive suprised myself here. usually im the one saying we should try and win everything. But because there are going to be so many more games on our way to European glory, the Carling Cup needs to be sacrificed so that we dont kill the team through exhaustion! i would love to see us win some silverware, and if we won the Carling Cup, i would be over the moon. But, looking at the team, i would rather gamble with the Carling Cup and have the 'stronger' team for the more important competitions...

i know what you mean mate, and ive suprised myself here. usually im the one saying we should try and win everything. But because there are going to be so many more games on our way to European glory, the Carling Cup needs to be sacrificed so that we dont kill the team through exhaustion! i would love to see us win some silverware, and if we won the Carling Cup, i would be over the moon. But, looking at the team, i would rather gamble with the Carling Cup and have the 'stronger' team for the more important competitions...

I agree that we should leave a stronger team for the weekend as that is undoubtadly more important, I feel that a team like this, while making a few changes still very strong, is more than enough to beat an average team like Hull

----------Howard--------

We want silverware at this club and we should challenge for every competition we are in for...

You're forgetting the fourth tenet of Evertonian lore Jamie...

Thou shalt never win the League Cup in whatsoever manifestation it may take in the lives of your son's offspring and for a hundred million generations of begatting verily and likewise as your forefathers have suffered.

Something like that anyway :P .

I agree that we should leave a stronger team for the weekend as that is undoubtadly more important, I feel that a team like this, while making a few changes still very strong, is more than enough to beat an average team like Hull

----------Howard--------

ive been sat here for about 10 mins now trying to see if i would make changes and the only one i can think of is giving one of the youngsters a go instead of jo or yak. but do you know what it made me realise? even our weaker squad is reasonably strong! when was the last time we could say that? :)

its ok for people sitting at home saying we should let this cup go by the wayside the fans travelling tomorrow to hull are going to see us win...we should try to win everything thats going.

yes we should be aiming to win everything but considering the size of the squad, and our luck with injuries last season, i just wouldnt put out our strongest squad when there are more important challenges for us. we have to prioritise what is more important, and in my opinion the premier league, FA Cup and Europa leagues are more important. ive not said once let it go. i did make a point that our reserve squad should be enough to beat Hull, and the people lucky enough to follow the club to away games should still enjoy a sound victory...

yeah i would go with a near full strength squad, lets not write hull off, bad start i know, but they are a premier league side, so lets not take too many chances, i think something like the CC is a comp that everton have a good chance of winning, and who wants to deny us some silverware?

Im going up to hull to see the game, hope there is many blue supporters there too, Any you guys going or no of anyone going? Also good areas for a drink before the game etc?

yeah i would go with a near full strength squad, lets not write hull off, bad start i know, but they are a premier league side, so lets not take too many chances, i think something like the CC is a comp that everton have a good chance of winning, and who wants to deny us some silverware?

Im going up to hull to see the game, hope there is many blue supporters there too, Any you guys going or no of anyone going? Also good areas for a drink before the game etc?

still not sure which country i will be in tomorrow so im not going to make it, again (stupid job)... enjoy mate!