IGNORED

Borisov (Away)

Romey 1878

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be a tricky one, especially considering the fixture conjestion we;ve had recently. I think alot of our players had an eye on this one during the pompey game. I think we'll win this one though, ill go 3-2. If we can win this one then it puts us in a really good starting position in our Europa League campaing. I'm also looking forward to seeing how Benfica fare against AEK. It will give a good indicator about the quality of opposition when we see them facing each other.

I think that Neill could make his starting debut for this one, and this is the team I would probably plump for.

Howard

Neill Yobo Distin Baines

Ossie Rodwell Felli Bily

Cahill Jo

One quick fact about BATE Borisov I read the other day, BATE stands for Borisov Automobile and Tractor Engineering. Or something to that effect.

See it's on ITV4 rather than Channel5 this time. Anyone know how it works? Colin Murray made a big thing about 5ive having first choice and choosing Everton for the first round of matches but this time they have Celtic (they wouldn't be showing that by choice would they :mellow: ?).

I'm guessing ITV must have had first pick this time and they're alternating.

Anyway, tough game. Maybe made a little easier by being moved from BATE's home ground.

Davey seems to have sussed how to win these games though after the dodgy start in the early days (B*****est and the Kharkiv struggle) so I expect us to win 3-1. Jo, TC and Baines after going 1-0 down. A draw would be a perfectly good result though in terms of the group.

BATE is on ESPN isn't it? It's certainly being advertised there :blink: . Five have only got the rights to our home games Mike.

Just had a look and its on ITV4 at 1730

Well in the listings it say " A double bill of live UEFA EUropa League action, begining with a 6.00pm kick-off and followed by Fulham"!

So Im presuming its us as we are the only British team with a 6pm kick off although there are plenty of games with 6pm kick offs that night

I did here that ESPN had signed a deal to show all of our away games though so who knows!

If you have VIRGIN MEDIA Mike, they are doing a deal at the moment where you can get ESPN on trial for 3 months, FREE. ;)

Not covered sadly Bill :( .

Maybe it's on both channels then because it is definitely on ESPN.

I don't think it is.....ITV showed a non-British tie as well as the Fulham game a fortnight ago so they're probably doing the same again. If they were showing the Everton game they'd know it and it'd be on their schedule.

F'king Iraqi bollox again for me :( .

Yeah, arse bag is back unfortunately.

I don't mind him in europe its the premiership he can't cope with, smaller european teams will give us time on the ball, so he doesnt look as bad, as he isnt pressured as much on the ball. Thats always been tonys downfall.

Edited by Blue4Ever

Rodwell has never been will never be a right back, Gosling started off at Right back for plymouth, and has potential to play well at that position, although I think hes a better Right Mid myself.

I think you missed the point, I never said that Rodwell was a RB.

In the last game when Hibbo was suspended we had a straight choice of Rodders & Gosling and now people are complaining that Hibbo is available again. My point is that surely Hibbo is a better option than either of those 2 at RB

Think I've said it before but I'd be happy to see Gosling at right back in Europe. League games probably not.

Gosling did more than enough at RB against AEK for me. And i think the european style suits him much better (pacy wingers). For me:

Howard

Gosling - Yobo - Distin - Baines

Osman - Rodwell - Felli - Bily

--- Cahill --- Jo ---

Bench: Nash, Neil, Hibbert, Wallace, Baxter, Yakubu, Agard (Hope i havent missed anyone)

and Mike...you can watch it at mine. Ive got ESPN so feel free :)

Gosling did more than enough at RB against AEK for me. And i think the european style suits him much better (pacy wingers). For me:

Howard

--- Cahill --- Jo ---

Bench: Nash, Neil, Hibbert, Wallace, Baxter, Yakubu, Agard (Hope i havent missed anyone)

I dont see how you can say that because he wasnt tested, granted he did ok going forward

Oh and Niell isnt available for European games

Howard

--- Cahill --- Jo ---

you think it suits playing gosling against pacy wingers?? not exactly a speeder gosling and also with a lack of experience there could easily get caught out against pacy wingers...as said the only reason he did ok against athens was because he was goin forward and had very little defending to do. Hibbert any day of the week at right back over gosling