IGNORED

Borisov (Away)

Romey 1878

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh boy! That was nervy, esp the last 20 mins, thought we held on well though!

Considering all the lads we had out, thought it was a top effort to win esp coming from behind. Cahill's celebration was diff!

Anyone reckon we got a good deal from the ref tonight? I grimaced after many of our tackles (turned away to expect a free kick against us) but ref played on, not many stoppages..was good to see. Just thinking out loud lol.

No more starts for Jo pleeeeeeeeease.

Worth staying up for til 5am Aussie time, onya boys!

oh boy! That was nervy, esp the last 20 mins, thought we held on well though!

Considering all the lads we had out, thought it was a top effort to win esp coming from behind. Cahill's celebration was diff!

Anyone reckon we got a good deal from the ref tonight? I grimaced after many of our tackles (turned away to expect a free kick against us) but ref played on, not many stoppages..was good to see. Just thinking out loud lol.

No more starts for Jo pleeeeeeeeease.

Worth staying up for til 5am Aussie time, onya boys!

Yeah, slippery surface = rash tackles.

Just a shame he booked Agard for putting the ball in the net, no need for that.

What was suprisingly obvious is the big void left by no Rodwell or Neville in front of the defence.

Fair play to Tony Hibbert, looked like a midget at centre half but he was a giant, best game for a long while and will stick in the memory. Had to contend with ball after ball coming through, which leads me on to my old mate Fellaini - there are things he does well but he really flatters to deceive. His job is to win the ball and use it (that's if he's a midfielder) his goal got him out of jail. Look at their goal again, the lad should not have got the shot away, he was fellaini's man. When Agard came on the pitch he looked like Usain Bolt given the lack of pace we had in the team tonight.

A great 3 points, as with Portsmouth, not great viewing.

Not much to say about this one; well played most of the time to Hibbert. I know he scored the winner but where the hell was Cahill most game (his celebration made me laugh), same with Osman. Wasnt a fun game to watch although to be honest, I never saw BATE getting another goal once we had done the business. At least we retrived the 3 points and stay top.

By no means a first XI when all are fit, some players either not up to full fitness yet or out of position, away from home against a team that held Juve twice in last years CL and 3 more points in the bag and comfortably top of our group...........

Works for me!

Edited by iggy

Oh God this is painful. If I was a Slalinist I'd be recommending Jo, Fellaini and Cahill for the Gulag. Pull your fingers out ffs!

Got booted off the lap top at half time by a very irate and stressed out missus who had a whole day's worth of GCSE lessons to plan - tried to explain it was Everton but there were tears - so I dried my eyes and headed to the pub...

Anyway, arrived just in time to see Timmy C lofting the ball beautifully over their stranded keeper for 2-1. What was it i said about him and Felli first half? It's great being plain wrong sometimes ;) As predicted, not a great display but one hell of a result. Get in!

Fair play to Tony Hibbert, looked like a midget at centre half but he was a giant, best game for a long while and will stick in the memory. Had to contend with ball after ball coming through, which leads me on to my old mate Fellaini - there are things he does well but he really flatters to deceive. His job is to win the ball and use it (that's if he's a midfielder) his goal got him out of jail. Look at their goal again, the lad should not have got the shot away, he was fellaini's man. When Agard came on the pitch he looked like Usain Bolt given the lack of pace we had in the team tonight.

A great 3 points, as with Portsmouth, not great viewing.

Think it was Felli's tackle and pass that started the move for Cahill's goal, thought the team played well concidering the players we had. Nice to see both Fellani and Cahill score, good confidence boost. Gosling had a mare at Right Back, just hope that Yobo is back for sunday. Jo on the left wing looks like a plan, think he would do well there. I like the idea of our attacking players swapping places, would cause a headache for the opponents defence.

Anyway up the blues - 3 more points and the winning run continues against Stoke.

Is anyone taking confidence from the Benfica game? i am, away Benfica are going to be really tough but at our place, i think we could hav them here and finish top of the group? am i being too optimistic?

AEK will be a very tough game, big stadium, crazy fans :P, revenge on their minds...im gonna hope for a win but a draw is realistic! Benfica away, same as AEK, will be a major threat going forwrd but the backline seems to be in some bother atm, draw at their place aswel :)

Got booted off the lap top at half time by a very irate and stressed out missus who had a whole day's worth of GCSE lessons to plan - tried to explain it was Everton but there were tears - so I dried my eyes and headed to the pub...

Quality :lol: . That made me laugh a lot!

Given the side we put out it was good to get the victory, but I fail to see why they couldn't do the simple things - i.e. pass the ball, keep hold of the ball etc - they're professional footballers for gods sake. Very disappointed with the performance but it's another victory.

Howard - They had a lot of the ball but he barely had a thing to do all night.

Gosling - I felt sorry for him because he was left entirely on his own all game, but he still had a mare all by himself and I see absolutely nothing in his game to suggest he'll ever be more than a bit part player for us.

Hibbert - He did himself and the team proud last night. I give him stick week in, week out but I was very impressed with his performance. He was comfortably our best defender, and when you consider Distin was part of that defence it's saying a lot for how Tony played. My MOTM.

Distin - I thought he was OK, nothing more. He makes me nervous with the amount of time he wants on the ball tbh.

Baines - Not a bad game from Baines, although, I can't remember much about his performance if I'm honest - must mean he didn't do anything wrong though.

Cahill - He may have scored but I was so disappointed in Cahill. He was one of our most senior players out there and he hung Gosling out to dry, and his all round play was abysmal.

Osman - Fucking useless.

Fellaini - Started the game well and then totally disappeared until around the 75th minute, it pissed me right off.

Bily - He showed some nice touches and he got another assist but he badly needs to inject some speed into his play; he's playing at a snails pace right now.

Jo - Poor game from Jo; he was very, very sloppy and wasteful when in posession. I also wish he'd stop clapping the hoof balls that are meant for him but go about 10 yards too far ahead of him, get angry about it Jo!

Yakubu - He looked very rusty and off the pace but that's only to be expected. It's another 68 minutes under his belt at the end of the day.

Given the side we put out it was good to get the victory, but I fail to see why they couldn't do the simple things - i.e. pass the ball, keep hold of the ball etc - they're professional footballers for gods sake. Very disappointed with the performance but it's another victory.

Hibbert - blah blah blah MOTM.

Distin - blah blah blah

Baines - blah blah blah

Cahill - blah blah blah

Osman - Fucking useless.

Ha Ha Ha, i luv it Mark. :lol:

We are suffering from Arteta-itus, very similar conditions to arthritus but can be more ditressing.

Symptoms: may suffer an inability to hold things (namely the ball)

The tendancy to hurl frequently (namely a long punt up the field)

Blurry vision (evident by repeated passing of the ball to opponents)

Symptoms can be reduced by relying on the support of your younger family member (Rodwell) but you really shouldn't be depending on people with little experience of this condition.

it's Friday...................

Howard - They had a lot of the ball but he barely had a thing to do all night.

Gosling - I felt sorry for him because he was left entirely on his own all game, but he still had a mare all by himself and I see absolutely nothing in his game to suggest he'll ever be more than a bit part player for us.

Hibbert - He did himself and the team proud last night. I give him stick week in, week out but I was very impressed with his performance. He was comfortably our best defender, and when you consider Distin was part of that defence it's saying a lot for how Tony played. My MOTM.

Distin - I thought he was OK, nothing more. He makes me nervous with the amount of time he wants on the ball tbh.

Baines - Not a bad game from Baines, although, I can't remember much about his performance if I'm honest - must mean he didn't do anything wrong though.

Cahill - He may have scored but I was so disappointed in Cahill. He was one of our most senior players out there and he hung Gosling out to dry, and his all round play was abysmal.

Osman - Fucking useless.

Fellaini - Started the game well and then totally disappeared until around the 75th minute, it pissed me right off.

Bily - He showed some nice touches and he got another assist but he badly needs to inject some speed into his play; he's playing at a snails pace right now.

Jo - Poor game from Jo; he was very, very sloppy and wasteful when in posession. I also wish he'd stop clapping the hoof balls that are meant for him but go about 10 yards too far ahead of him, get angry about it Jo!

Yakubu - He looked very rusty and off the pace but that's only to be expected. It's another 68 minutes under his belt at the end of the day.

Best analysis by anybody, well done Mark! Points highlighted are things i strongly agree with :)

I normally slate Hibbert, but he was immense yday. He got skinned a fair few times but seemed to always make it up, if not do enough to put the opposition off, well done Tony! Osman was completely useless yesterday, Fellaini didnt do much but he was working for 2 people most of the game. Cahill's distribution of passing yday made me laugh, normally he's ok but he couldnt find a man, was it the conditions?? MOTM easily Hibbert, for his heart on the sleeve approach.

I thought Distin had his best game, he was really solid imo. As for Gosling, considering he's a youngster with little experience playing in an unfamiliar position I thought he did well. They targeted the right hand side because both Gosling and Hibbert were out of position, very little got past Gosling from memory, the only problem was he liked to go forward a lot which did leave some holes defensively. I thought he did well and he should get some credit considering he is not meant to be a right back. Jo was a total waste of space, as was Yakubu. Baines has been one of the biggest disappointments so far this season for me, again last night his general passing was abysmal, in the first half he played about 7 easy passes in a row straight to the opposition. His attacking play is virtually non existent and he isn't the world's greatest defender, he needs to up his game but unfortunately he has no competition now Lescott has moved on. A gritty performance last night, horrendous conditions, the squad was stretched to breaking point yet guess what - we win again. You can rely on Moyes' Everton teams to do the business, they very rarely let us down. We just need to keep going until Arteta is back.

Edited by carlmc25