IGNORED

Hull City

adamsmith69

Well, i think we will turn these over, a repeat of the carling cup game wouldn't go a miss. I hope Moyes scraps the 4-5-1 and goes with a 4-4-2.

Howard

Neil Yobo Distin Baines

Gosling Heitinga Rodwell Cahill

Yakubu Saha

I would rather drop both rodwell and gosling, however we have nobody to step in, i think bily is out. I would also prefer cahill in the middle however he will be pushed into a non-effective position again.

Not so confident now i have put the team on paper. F**k it 2-0 a goal a piece to saha and yakubu

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought we should have gone with Jo on the left against United, at least then Cahill could have been on his natural side.

We have to win, we just have to, so 442 is the only option IMO. A bit of attacking play wouldn't go amiss either seeing as that is how sides generally score against the opposition.

Howard

Neill Yobo Distin Baines

Cahill/Pienaar if fit Rodwell Heitinga Jo

Yak Saha

I know Pienaar has built up a good relationship with Baines but I'd drop Cahill in a flash if it's possible.

Id like to see Moyes shake up what he can for this game, in either a 4-5-1 or 4-4-2. I get the feeling he will go 4-4-2 because that got us the most success against the Mancs, and knowing the predictability of Moyes he will probably think it will work against Hull, even though it very rarely does for us.

Id play 4-5-1 because at this moment, Yakubu looks to have more impact from the bench and should things not be working out Moyes should be prepared to change it earlier on.

My formation would be:

Howard

Neill - Yobo - Distin - Baines

Heintga - Rowdell

Baxter Jo

Cahill

Saha

Id look to make sure Cahill doesnt drop too deep, so that it will more or less play like a 4-4-2 with cover if its necessary. Baxter might as well get a run out because lets face it, Gosling has been shocking, and I imagine Baxter will have a slightly more attacking mindset being a striker more predominantly. A Similar type of thing with Jo as well, hes a confidence player and needs games, even if they are out on the left. Plus of all the players we currently have available he is the most creative, even if his decisions arent always the best.

I also think Moyes needs to nominate one of Rodwell or Heitinga to be a proper holding midfielder and actually protect the back 4, a la Carsley and let the other have a bit more creative freedom and get forward if its on. As someone said on a different thread, Everton may have missed a trick on not buying Cana for this role.

I desperately hope its a win, and a big win, especially ahead of the derby but I just dont see it...

i would like to see 442 aswell, though im not as confident that DM will. Seeings as that is pretty much dreamland, with the resources available, i may even think of 532 (just to try something new!):

.........howard

Neill Yobo Distin Baines

.......Heitinga

Cahill Rodwell

........Saha

Yak........Jo

Baines and Neill can push forward, Johnny holding the middle infront of the defence. Saha behind the front 2 because he is our only source of creativity at the moment would be a good outlet if he was dropped further back. Hull are hardly a dominant force in the centre of the pitch (or anywhere else on the pitch for that matter) so why not go all out and beat them into submission!

4-0, why not....

would any1 prefer to put jo on the left wing and bin gosslin..have cahill in the middle ..

Yes...Gosling isn't good enough for this league imo. Every player he has come up against this season has tore him apart. I can honestly say I think Hibbert has a better final ball, young or not if that's the case he shouldn't get near our team. I know the squads thin but he doesnt have to start.

Edited by Blue4Ever

Score draw. Hull have found their shootin boots and Bullard is the key. Stop Bullard, you stop the goals. Im hoping Howard is ready because he will shoot from distance everytime he is given space, and the way we're playin, we'll give him plenty of opportunities to do that! Defenders cannot be complacent in this game, maybe on paper they're poor put with their grit and determination to survive, i know they'll be running at us for 90mins+.

This is however a better opportunity for us to get Yak and Saha playing together. 4-4-2 is a must IMO, as said Jo on the left and Cahill/pienaar on the right. Keep Rodwell and Heitinga in the middle, but tell one to be primarily a CM and the other a DM. Rodwell could be given the chance to shine in the middle if DM wants him to, but we will see. Neil must start (RB or RM) he's been one of the only positives from our recent games, so lets keep him and hope that Hibbert hasnt prostituted his wife to Moyes once again.

2-2

EFC - Saha, Yakubu

HCAFC - Bullard, Ghilas

Playing even more players out of position is not going to help us, we're struggling badly with balance as it is.

If we keep Baines at left back that still means we are going to be playing somebody on the left of midfield out of position. I'd rather have a natural left footer who can give us some width rather than Cahill,Gosling etc having to cut in on their right foot to slow the attack down. I think the team would be alot more "balanced" than the other options.

If we keep Baines at left back that still means we are going to be playing somebody on the left of midfield out of position. I'd rather have a natural left footer who can give us some width rather than Cahill,Gosling etc having to cut in on their right foot to slow the attack down. I think the team would be alot more "balanced" than the other options.

I suppose anything that stops Gosling playing would be a positive tbh.

I'm going 9-1 for us. :lol:

Saha from 6 yds

Rodders from 40.

Cahill's Head.

Pienaar left footed right side of box from 15yds

OG for Hull (take your pick)

Hibbo from 18yds.

Saha off the restart.

Saha from nothing.

Gosling in the 110th.

A tiger storms the field, bites the ball away from Rodder's and runs the ball into the goal for Hull. Howard then tames the tiger and adopts it as a pet.

Edited by bluenoseyankee

I'm going 9-1 for us. :lol:

Saha from 6 yds

Rodders from 40.

Cahill's Head.

Pienaar left footed right side of box from 15yds

OG for Hull (take your pick)

Hibbo from 18yds.

Saha off the restart.

Saha from nothing.

Gosling in the 110th.

A tiger storms the field, bites the ball away from Rodder's and runs the ball into the goal for Hull. Howard then tames the tiger and adopts it as a pet.

That's completely ridiculous.

There's only ever 110 minutes in a game when it's all square at Old Trafford. The rest could happen B) .

Score draw. Hull have found their shootin boots and Bullard is the key. Stop Bullard, you stop the goals. Im hoping Howard is ready because he will shoot from distance everytime he is given space, and the way we're playin, we'll give him plenty of opportunities to do that! Defenders cannot be complacent in this game, maybe on paper they're poor put with their grit and determination to survive, i know they'll be running at us for 90mins+.

This is however a better opportunity for us to get Yak and Saha playing together. 4-4-2 is a must IMO, as said Jo on the left and Cahill/pienaar on the right. Keep Rodwell and Heitinga in the middle, but tell one to be primarily a CM and the other a DM. Rodwell could be given the chance to shine in the middle if DM wants him to, but we will see. Neil must start (RB or RM) he's been one of the only positives from our recent games, so lets keep him and hope that Hibbert hasnt prostituted his wife to Moyes once again.

Pretty much spot on for me... I would give almost anything to have a player with the drive and energy of Bullard in the middle of the park for right now. I used to think that was Timmy for us but recently he has been about as inspiring as [insert joke here cos I cant think of one right now]. Bullard will absolutely run the show for them tomorrow but hopefully Heitinga or someone will be used to do a job on him.

The Heitinga/Rodwell thing is right on the mark, one of them has to sit and one of them has to be given a free role to get forward. Against Man U it looked as if they didnt know who was meant to be doing what. Id also like to see Cahill play on the touch line to offer width if he is going to start on a wing. Im not saying he has to play like a traditional winger, but at least start out wide to offer a pass and stretch there defence.

Having said this, I can more or less guarentee none of it will happen... Bullard will roam free, cahill will, er, well im not sure what is doing for the team at the moment, and the supply to the frontment will be non existent apart from the odd Distin/Yobo hoof...

I am not expecting any sort of classic but for Christs sake Davey show some balls and go for it. We need a real confidence boost right now, especially with Sunday looming large, and if I hear the team news as I take up my seat blurting out a 4-5-1 formation from the tannoys then my own confidence will certainly drop. This is a game that we should be winning with ease if we have any pretentions and I say that bearing in mind our injuries at present. I would certainly start two up front and why is no-one mentioning putting Rodwell on the left and moving Cahill inside and letting Heittinga remain as the defensive, central midfielder. That may offer a better balance. Anyway I shall remain optimistic and predict a 2-0 win for us. I do hope I am right.

Pretty much spot on for me... I would give almost anything to have a player with the drive and energy of Bullard in the middle of the park for right now. I used to think that was Timmy for us but recently he has been about as inspiring as [insert joke here cos I cant think of one right now]. Bullard will absolutely run the show for them tomorrow but hopefully Heitinga or someone will be used to do a job on him.

The Heitinga/Rodwell thing is right on the mark, one of them has to sit and one of them has to be given a free role to get forward. Against Man U it looked as if they didnt know who was meant to be doing what. Id also like to see Cahill play on the touch line to offer width if he is going to start on a wing. Im not saying he has to play like a traditional winger, but at least start out wide to offer a pass and stretch there defence.

Having said this, I can more or less guarentee none of it will happen... Bullard will roam free, cahill will, er, well im not sure what is doing for the team at the moment, and the supply to the frontment will be non existent apart from the odd Distin/Yobo hoof...

Get real Bullard is crap I would sooner have Cahill any day of the week

Bullard is a cheeky cockney chappey who will probably try about 40 shots from miles out and about 39 of them will be 40 yards wide. Fair enough he has got a decent free kick on him but that about it

On a brighter not Moyse has hinted Peanuts might make an appearance at some point

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/pienaar-could-face-hull.html

If that's true and Pienaar is out then I'd put these eleven on the pitch.

Howard

Hibbert

Neill

Yobo

Distin

Baines

Heitinga

Rodwell

Cahill

Yakubu

Saha

F*ck knows who'd play where but I just can't bear to see Gosling's angelic little visage wasting a shirt again so they'll have to sort it out.

Maybe we could try the example of the great old Aussie cricketer Keith Miller who when he was captain used to walk on the field and just tell his team to "scatter." We couldn't be any worse (though we could be in a spot of grief if Tim Howard decided he wanted to play up front for a change :unsure:).

If that's true and Pienaar is out then I'd put these eleven on the pitch.

Howard

Hibbert

Neill

Yobo

Distin

Baines

Heitinga

Rodwell

Cahill

Yakubu

Saha

F*ck knows who'd play where but I just can't bear to see Gosling's angelic little visage wasting a shirt again so they'll have to sort it out.

Maybe we could try the example of the great old Aussie cricketer Keith Miller who when he was captain used to walk on the field and just tell his team to "scatter." We couldn't be any worse (though we could be in a spot of grief if Tim Howard decided he wanted to play up front for a change :unsure:).

Easy...

Howard

Hibbert Yobo Distin Neill

Cahill Heitinga Rodwell Baines

Saha Yakubu

Reminds me of the old Walter Smith days of playing six centre backs in the same team....

One thing to note, though, SEVEN of that team are full internationals, six of them current regulars for their country (and on current form, Saha arguably should be). If they can't beat Hull there's something seriously wrong.

Feeling good, but someone has to stay strapped onto Bullard (Cahill preferably) or they could trouble us.

3-1

A brace from Saha and a flicky header from the Fro B)

Fellaini cant play today cos of the 5 yellow cards he gained.

Why is everybody worried about Bullard is he really that good?!

1-0 Saha.

Edited by Sgt Pepper