IGNORED

Man Of The Match V Spurs

MikeO

MOTM v Spurs  

59 members have voted

1. 1. ??????????????????????????????????????

• Tim Howard
    • Seamus Coleman
    • Tony Hibbert
    • Lucas Neill
    • Leighton Baines
    • Jack Rodwell
    • Steven Pienaar
    • Marouane Fellaini
    • Tim Cahill
    • Diniyar Bilyaletdinov
    • João Alves Jô
    • Joseph Yobo
    • Aiyegbeni Yakubu
    • Louis Saha

pollresizear5.jpg

Current Player of the Year standings....

Pienaar 101

Fellaini 96

Saha 94

Rodwell 93

Bilyaletdinov 76

Hibbert 70

Heitinga 63

Howard 58

Distin 38

Baines 29

Osman 23

Yakubu 23

Cahill 23

Yobo 20

Neill 11

João Alves Jô 10

Coleman 7

Gosling 6

Neville 2

Duffy 2

MOTM winners....

AEK Athens (A)...Steven Pienaar

Liverpool (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Hull City (A)...Johnny Heitinga

Manchester United (A)...Johnny Heitinga

West Ham (A)...Johnny Heitinga

Benfica (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Aston Villa (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Tottenham (A)...Tony Hibbert

Bolton (A)...Louis Saha

Benfica (A)...Sylvain Distin

Wolves (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Stoke City (H)...Johnny Heitinga

BATE Borisov (A)...Tony Hibbert

Portsmouth (A)...Tim Howard

Hull City (A)...Leon Osman

Blackburn (H)...Louis Saha

AEK Athens (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Fulham (A)...Sylvain Distin

Wigan...(H)...Jack Rodwell

Sigma Olomouc (A)...Steven Pienaar

Burnley...(A)...Tony Hibbert

Sigma Olomouc (H)...Jack Rodwell

Arsenal (H)...Steven Pienaar

Coleman for me had another great game looks like a seasoned player who has bags of potential, He made some great runs and took on players and swung a few good balls in i expect us to see alot more of him from now on, Hibbo had a good first half but both he and Neill where pretty poor in the 2nd. A mention for our man in the sticks for a few good saves and the one at the end haha great stuff.

Edited by EFC-Paul

Coleman for me had another great game looks like a seasoned player who has bags of potential, He made some great runs and took on players and swung a few good balls in i expect us to see alot more of him from now on, Hibbo had a good first half but both he and Neill where pretty poor in the 2nd. A mention for our man in the sticks for a few good saves and the one at the end haha great stuff.

couldn't agree more!

This match had me on the verge of tears. Fantastic, textbook Everton spirit. I belive it dosen't matter who sets the example, as long as it's emphatic and with spirit. Hail Seamus. Saha was giving Howard marksman's advice before the pk as well "he'll smash it down the middle", Timmy just made himself big. I expect a response from this one, great great match.

after first half I fancied Hibbert had a good chance after some great stops and vital last man challenges but his challenge that gave away the pen as well more importantly as Coleman's awesome performance took it away from him.

Thought Cahill had a pretty decent game today as well, hopefully the goal will do his confidence some good and we'll see more from him. Shame he's going to miss Chelsea now.

Coleman was simply awesome. He actually reminds me of Hibbo in the fact that he goes 100% and gets stuck in although he certainly has much more on his locked going forward! I think his performance deserves a place in the starting 11 next time out.

Howard also had a good game especially the save at the end. I havent jumped around my living room like that since King Loius scored at Wembley!

Hibbert & Neill did well for the most part seeing as it isn't their natural position and they've never played together before properly. They should have done better for the Defoe goal and I'm not sure what Neill was doing at the corner? I think its safe to say he isnt our saviour at the back. Having said that Im not sure he did too much worse than what Distin or Yobo would have done. A couple more games together then maybe they will be alright.

Baines was quiet again. A bit disappointing tbh, but he did get me an assist for my FL team!

Felli was good yet again in a deeper role. He is starting to look a lot better (except his bloody hair!) and he should never have got booked. Unfortunately that kept him a bit quieter for the rest of the game.

Rodwell did pretty well and played a couple of quality passes. I still think he plays the ball backwards a bit too easily, he just needs to look up and get us going forward as at least a couple of times there was a forward ball on but he layed it back to the CB's who hoofed it forward.

Cahill was good and scored a much needed goal. Didn't really do as much as he has been and picked up a booking ruling him out of our next game!

Billy and Pienaar were also pretty quiet. Probably Billy's worst game so far IMO. He didn't really do much and I think he should have closed down Lennon quicker for their 1st. Pienaar got more into the game the second half but not as much as he has been.

Yet again Jo impressed up top again, he just needs to get the ball in the back of the bloody net! His movement is real quality and it just didn't come off for him today.

Saha and Yak did well and the Saha overhead kick would have probably been the best goal ever! As a pair coming off the bench they were superb but I still don't think 4-4-2 would suit us from the start of a game.

Overall we did well to get a point against a great Spurs team. Against Chelsea I would start the same team (Heitinga in for Cahill) depending on who is fit at the back. If it doesn't go our way at the start then bring on Yak and Saha at half time, or whenever its necessary.

This match had me on the verge of tears. Fantastic, textbook Everton spirit. I belive it dosen't matter who sets the example, as long as it's emphatic and with spirit. Hail Seamus. Saha was giving Howard marksman's advice before the pk as well "he'll smash it down the middle", Timmy just made himself big. I expect a response from this one, great great match.

haha yeah same here... I love it when Everton play with that passion, and the fans roar behind them. For me that's what football is about and a part of the reason why I support Everton, and a large part of the reason I dont really want to leave Goodison. As Timmy Howard said after the game, the old lady's got heart and soul and that makes up for all its short comings.

haha yeah same here... I love it when Everton play with that passion, and the fans roar behind them. For me that's what football is about and a part of the reason why I support Everton, and a large part of the reason I dont really want to leave Goodison. As Timmy Howard said after the game, the old lady's got heart and soul and that makes up for all its short comings.

Where did you find those comments by Timmy? I'd like to hear/read them if possible.

For me we were well beat. That was until Coleman decided he wasn't havn't it. He single handly changed the game for us, he made both goals an saved countless others, by far the best performance i seen by an Everton player in quite a while. Reminded me of a dream, where your 2-0 down an you come on an change the game, that was what Coleman did. Awesome performance, an an awesome game.

Coleman MOM without a doubt. Exciting going forward, well timed and aggresive challenges in defence. Even managed to give Crouch some shit aswell!

Saha was good when he came on. If the overhead kick had gone in, I think I might have done a little sex wee in my kecks.

Felli really starting to put some performances together in that holding role now.

Cahill will hopefully kick on (after his ban) following on from his goal. Usually goes on a bit of a scoring spree! Fingers crossed.

I think all Jo needs is a goal now. He's running the channels well, holding the ball up and working hard. Just can't a break!

And then there's Timmy Howard... Some good saves, and then the big un to save the point!

Genuinely believe the last 2-3 games could just be the spark our season needs!