IGNORED

What Are You Listening To?

Moyski

I can't stand Muse, every bloody song sounds EXACTLY the same. Same key changes, bridges and solo's, arguably the most uncreative band around. They put on brilliant visual master pieces for their shows, to cover up the fact their music is poo.

Ten, thats just insane. Ok, their new album is a piece of repetitive drivel, but listen to Showbiz, Origin of Symmetry, Absolution and Blackholes and Revelations. These are fantastic albums, that vary quite a bit. Ok, his voice doesnt change that much but thats true of any singer! Their sound has changed a lot and is very well structured, quite technical too. Matt Bellamy as a guitarist is incredible, as a singer awesome and a fantastic pianist. Ive not seen many better frontmen of a band. Dont get me started on their live shows!

I've got some friends who agree with you :). I feel the same way whenever I hear Coldplay and Keane.

Thats because neither Coldplay nor Keane have varied their music. Actually thats not true, Coldplay had a cracking 1st album then decided to be crap. Keane are just crap.

Anyway, im listening to Them Crooked Vultures - im not sure yet....

Coldplay are one of those bands who everyone loves to start with, then everyone claims to hate them when they become uncool for whatever reason but they still sell gazillions of albums (same phenomenon as when Thatcher won her third term when no-one admitted to voting for her).

Dire Straits and Travis are two other bands that spring to mind who followed the same route.

(Not suggesting that anyone on here is guilty of misrepresenting their musical taste of course....just saying it happens ;) )

• 2 weeks later...

New Oceansize single just released (kinda, needed to download and declare download on twitter!), album in September!!! Just downloading it now, theyre on tour too in september

http://oceansize.co.uk/main.html

Will let y'all know very soon!

edit: its weird. very weird. very good, but very weird. Carries on from the Home and Minor EP but with a little Music for Nurses EP thrown in....

Edited by galacticaracnid