IGNORED

What Are You Listening To?

Moyski

Guest millwallforever

I grew up with James and The Smiths; I've left all that behind. Seeing the world made my taste in music evolve. This is the greatest song I have heard in ages:

I grew up with James and The Smiths; I've left all that behind. Seeing the world made my taste in music evolve. This is the greatest song I have heard in ages:

Great video that, and some lovely music; but German just isn't a "singing" language for me, sounds so harsh. Angry poetry it's great though.

PS Liked James but hated The Smiths, never got them at all.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest millwallforever

Perhaps commie German is better?

Not my cup of tea, look like Duran Duran/Spandau Ballet wannebees. Not an era/style of music that I got anything from.

Guest millwallforever

Not my cup of tea, look like Duran Duran/Spandau Ballet wannebees. Not an era/style of music that I got anything from.

This has to be the greatest performance ever. In Germany...homo bar called ALABAMA; can't get better! And, honestly, even from a purely musical point of view this is sheer beauty:

Just brought myself to look at BandAid30 and actually it's not as bad as I feared, except the dreadful edit/segue into the appalling shouty woman at around 2.43 (can't believe Sarm West engineers/producers were responsible for that, must've been someone on work experience).

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds good mate. Takes me back to when I'd listen to corduroy. Acid jazz. Very very easy on the ears.

Thanks Haf! You British were really the impetus for the whole 90's acid jazz movement, over here everyone is into the hip hop, but I appreciate that you Brits still dig the Jazz.

Big fan of incognito, jamiroquai, brand new heavies, etc myself.

My interest in Jazz began and ended in the seventies with the Mahavishnu Orchestra I'm afraid but I don't find that in the least offensive (that's high praise from me when it comes to jazz :P); really hope you make a success of it Mark!

Saw Dave Brubeck once ('cause a girlfriend wanted to go) and didn't go back in after the interval. My head hurt. I waited in the bar.

My interest in Jazz began and ended in the seventies with the Mahavishnu Orchestra I'm afraid but I don't find that in the least offensive (that's high praise from me when it comes to jazz :P); really hope you make a success of it Mark!

Saw Dave Brubeck once ('cause a girlfriend wanted to go) and didn't go back in after the interval. My head hurt. I waited in the bar.

Haha, Mahavishnu is pretty out there jazz rock fusion, I totally understand that. Yeah I have seen Dave Brubeck once as well, great player and writer.

I saw 'live' at the Odeon in Leeds. Oscar Peterson trio, Ella Fitzgerald, Modern Jazz Quartet, Duke Ellington. That was in about 1957/58.

Brilliant memories. In the 1940's, after the war, my Dad did a lot of broadcasts with his Sextet. I have some 78 records of his broadcasts which I have had transferred to CD. He used to play at the Ocean club in Liverpool.