IGNORED

What Are You Listening To?

Moyski

What instruments do you play and teach?

My main ax is string bass, and I teach violin, viola, cello, and bass (4th and 5th grade) in two schools (a NYS public school). I also play guitar, mandolin, and a little banjo.

Here is the top level high school orchestra in my school district - they competed nationally a few years back against other high school orchestras in the USA and won first place. The string program in my district is pretty special.

Can't say I've liked much of what he produced since about 1975; and a lot of it was truly dire.

All the same, sad he's gone. Loved his early stuff, he was certainly a one-off.

Has it been said anywhere what sort of cancer he had? I can't find anything.

Bowie's new album is pretty fantastic if you ask me - really progressive and artistic. What a way to exit this life - cheers to him.

• 1 month later...

A lot of CHON. Mostly instrumental with a lot of change-ups. Jazz and metal influences.

Without a doubt exceptionally talented musicians, no question.

But a discordant mess as a whole for me, really don't see how you could sit down and enjoy it. It's, "look how clever we are" music imo.

Without a doubt exceptionally talented musicians, no question.

But a discordant mess as a whole for me, really don't see how you could sit down and enjoy it. It's, "look how clever we are" music imo.

There might be some truth to that, but I enjoy it all the same. The musicianship is incredible, and I love the mix of styles -- this is actually my least favorite song on the album, but it's the only one with an official video.

There might be some truth to that, but I enjoy it all the same. The musicianship is incredible, and I love the mix of styles -- this is actually my least favorite song on the album, but it's the only one with an official video.

Not meaning to diss your musical taste TR, each to their own and I certainly agree the playing is superb.

I've just been listening to this, one of those very few albums for me that you love every track of on first listen. True "Supergroup" of its day as well (John Wetton, Eddie Jobson, Terry Bozio).

Not meaning to diss your musical taste TR, each to their own and I certainly agree the playing is superb.

I've just been listening to this, one of those very few albums for me that you love every track of on first listen. True "Supergroup" of its day as well (John Wetton, Eddie Jobson, Terry Bozio).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX7XrfR3e3Q&list=RDnX7XrfR3e3Q#t=131

No worries. I actually think you're right though; playing that way is a bit arrogant.

I like the feel of that band, but it's harder for me to get into though. Similar to the band mark showed me, it's leading with an instrument I'm not as proficient in. I can definitely hear the talent.

• 2 weeks later...

UK is great! First album with Bruford is also good.