IGNORED

What Are You Listening To?

Moyski

I find it really strange that you young metal heads (you know who you are :P ) are creaming your pants over bands I saw playing out of the back of a Transit van thirty odd years ago..JP, Iron Maiden, Saxon etc etc.

Makes me wish I'd had a video camera....problem being that they weighed as much as a Morris Minor and cost as much as a small housing estate at the time :) .

Why's it strange? I don't care what age a band is if I like their music

I love loads of young bands too, but the likes of Priest, Maiden, Sabbath etc are quality too (Maiden are one of my favourite bands and Nostradamus is one of the best albums released this year)

Why's it strange? I don't care what age a band is if I like their music

Not criticising, just that if you'd have told me (or them come to that) that in thirty years time they'd be bigger than God I'd, and they'd, have thought it a hell of a long shot. I stood backstage chatting with Maiden and Saxon (I was on the guest list...name drop, name drop :P ) at Guildford Civic Hall in 77/78 while Samson were on stage. Who'd have thought the'd have been nearly as successful as me :lol::unsure::unsure: .

Personally though none of them got close to Sabbath, who I saw a couple of times at Hammersmith :) . Not hugely into metal but they were a phenomenon, above all genre stereotyping.

Hadouken! - Declaration of War

Hadouken are amazing!.. do you like Enter Shikari they sound a bit like them without the slight screaming and the guitars

Go on there MySpace all there good songs are on there :D

Also Black Kids - Aint Gunna Teach Your Boyfriend How To Dance is a good song.. dont like there new one though bit wierd <_<

Edited by Johnny Bryant

Not criticising, just that if you'd have told me (or them come to that) that in thirty years time they'd be bigger than God I'd, and they'd, have thought it a hell of a long shot. I stood backstage chatting with Maiden and Saxon (I was on the guest list...name drop, name drop :P ) at Guildford Civic Hall in 77/78 while Samson were on stage. Who'd have thought the'd have been nearly as successful as me :lol::unsure::unsure: .

Personally though none of them got close to Sabbath, who I saw a couple of times at Hammersmith :) . Not hugely into metal but they were a phenomenon, above all genre stereotyping.

well it goes to show that the best bands will always live on whilst the manufactured shite will be forgotten in 10 years. priest have been going since 1969 and have recently released one of the best albums of the decade. and the other bands you mentioned such as maiden and sabbath. thier influence shows in every metal band on the face of the earth (including mine) if you ask any metal band thier influences. they will quote sabbath maiden priest and metallica as thier main influences.

well it goes to show that the best bands will always live on whilst the manufactured shite will be forgotten in 10 years. priest have been going since 1969 and have recently released one of the best albums of the decade. and the other bands you mentioned such as maiden and sabbath. thier influence shows in every metal band on the face of the earth (including mine) if you ask any metal band thier influences. they will quote sabbath maiden priest and metallica as thier main influences.

Just been listening to Nostradamus, absolutely stunning the way it all links together.

The riffs aren't bad either, Prophecy, Revelations and the title track in particular

I think they overdosed on heavy for Death as well

Hadouken are amazing!.. do you like Enter Shikari they sound a bit like them without the slight screaming and the guitars

Go on there MySpace all there good songs are on there :D

Also Black Kids - Aint Gunna Teach Your Boyfriend How To Dance is a good song.. dont like there new one though bit wierd <_<

I hate Enter Shikari, the gf likes them though.

I like that Black Kids song too.

Just been listening to Nostradamus, absolutely stunning the way it all links together.

The riffs aren't bad either, Prophecy, Revelations and the title track in particular

I think they overdosed on heavy for Death as well

yeh you're right there. i was unsure of what to expect when priest announced that they were going to release 90mins of material all interlinked. i heard the title track and instantly thought of painkiller with more opera in it. but it wasnt until i got the album where i was just mesmerised by it all.

i heard that there planning a show or two were they play the whole album in its entirety. i wanna see that.