IGNORED

The Teams You Support

Yes, yes we're all Everton fans here I know. But what football teams do you follow? And while we're on the subject, maybe football isn't your favourite sport? Rant, rave, praise and moan about your American football, baseball, cricket, rugby etc. teams here.

To start things off....

Leinster Rugby, I fucking love you :lol:

"Irish by birth, Leinster by the grace of BOD"

For those who don't know, BOD is... Brian-O_Driscoll--P_153084t.jpg

Oh yes, that is the 6 Nations trophy while we're on the subject of rugby... :P

And since the majority of the people on here will be Northerners, Rugby Union or League and why?

Football, I only have and only ever will support Everton, however if it has no bearing on evertons position I will support for 90 minutes who ever is playing Liverpool. :lol: I have in the past wanted North West teams in general to do well in the lower leagues, except Tranmere. In scotland many years ago, a few of us actually went up to watch Meadowbank Thistle on 3 or 4 occassions because they where the first team to be elected to the league for years. Played in front of 150-200 at the commonwealth (athletics) stadium. We even got featured in Shoot magazine. I also, through holiday and friends, follow Panathinaikos' results and hope they do well.

Cricket, I am an avid follower and have watched Lancashire on many occasions, especially when they play at Aigburth, Liverpool and have been to Old Trafford for Lancashire games.

Rugby League, I don't really follow it but I do look out for St Helens and Widnes results as they are close by. Up to the 1980's, Huyton, a district of Liverpool, had a RL team, which nearly always finished bottom, when it was a two tier competition. However they where the only one, because of financial dealings (of which I know nothing about), that used to make an operative profit.

You got that right. RU bores the shit out of me because it's so slow.

We've been down this road many times before :P .

Union for me, no question. League's ridiculously stop/start....bloke runs into another bloke. Stop. Give the ball to someone else and he runs into someone else. Stop. Repeat ad infinitum :sleeping_03anim: .

And how can you take the rest of it seriously when you look at a RL scrum? Wtf's that all about?

Anyway....

Aberdeen, because my uncle took me there when I was little.

AFC Wimbledon because I lived there a long time and they're the real Dons, not the MK bastard sons.

New England Patriots, since I saw them destroyed by Chicago in superbowl XX.

Austria in all winter sports (apart from when they're up against Brits) because I went there on a school trip when I was 12 and my bro went to Switzerland (spit!).

Surrey in the cricket, but I'm not so bothered about that since my dad died....was something we did together :) .

Probably loads I've forgotten because if there's any sporting event of any sort anywhere I'm rarely neutral...most often I'll be on the side of the underdog.

You got that right. RU bores the shit out of me because it's so slow.

But you miss out on all the glory of the ruck and the breakdown. Nothing like seeing a team who're 4 points down literally bulldozing the opposition ruck to turnover the ball.

Speaking of which, any see South Africa push the French ruck back 15 yards before the French got their forwards in recently? Awesome stuff :P

And Union isn't stop/start? :blink:. They kick the ball out of play every two seconds. if that's not stop/start then I don't know what is. How can you find it entertaining when there are barely any tries scored? I could fall asleep watching that shite ;).

You support Everton and you complain about lack of scores? :P

Anyway, Leinster have ripped Scarlets a new hole twice in the last week, 11 tries total, including 7 at the weekend :lol:

Edited by Grarghsies

I watched Sky Sports News yesterday to see one of the most cowardly actions ever from a sportsman. French fly-half, Julien Dupuy, ex-Leicester Tigers is appealing against a 24 week ban from all rugby for eye-gouging. It is frankly a disgrace, the bloke needs booting out of sport.

How dare he have the cheek to appeal and the French manager stand his corner for him. This is a sport which tries to see itself as a hooligan game played by gentlemen. Last year, there was faking injuries (more serious than anything Drogba and co would try pulling off), in the summer we had South Africans looking to finish off players careers and now, this.

Rugby Union, a game played by gentlemen, I dont think so.

I watched Sky Sports News yesterday to see one of the most cowardly actions ever from a sportsman. French fly-half, Julien Dupuy, ex-Leicester Tigers is appealing against a 24 week ban from all rugby for eye-gouging. It is frankly a disgrace, the bloke needs booting out of sport.

How dare he have the cheek to appeal and the French manager stand his corner for him. This is a sport which tries to see itself as a hooligan game played by gentlemen. Last year, there was faking injuries (more serious than anything Drogba and co would try pulling off), in the summer we had South Africans looking to finish off players careers and now, this.

Rugby Union, a game played by gentlemen, I dont think so.

Oh Bill, that quote has long been misquoted. It was originally written by an Irishman in a slightly longer form:

Rugby, a game for barbarians played by gentlemen, unless the players are French, in which case they're cheating cunts

Edited by Grarghsies

Football: Everton (& I enjoy winding the kids in school up by telling them I support Leicester as my 'lower league team'

Rugby League: Saints and Souths (although got a soft spot for the storm after being allowed to watch them train in 2000).

Kick & Clap: Don't mind the Ospreys too much, but the game is dominated far too much by kick tennis.

Cricket: Lancs/England

American Football: Bears (memories of the Refrigerator as a kid)

Basketball: Houston Rockets/Chicago (memories of favourite players again (Hakeem Olajuwon/Pippin and Jordan)

Anyone playing Australia or the Redshite will always be my second team aswell!

Besides Everton I support Racing Genk since childhood.

4th biggest club in Belgiumfinancially and attendance-wise.(i'd love to add sportive ruslts to that, but we have been shit the last 2 seasons :/)

some well known former players are Didier Zokora, Josip Skoko, Steven Defour..

Edited by Churinga

I used to have a couple of second teams in football but gradually over the years they've annoyed me in some way that I dont support them anymore. I still have a soft spot for Wigan though as its where my nan lives.

Cricket - Lancs

RL - Wigan

RU - Newcastle (only because my favourite RL player as a kid went there but I dont really follow them anymore)

Baseball - Boston

f1 - Mclaren/Hamilton

Golf - Ernie Els

Just to add my 2 cents worth into the RL/RU debate, Iv played and watched both for years and I much prefer playing RL and probably now better to watch. RU of late (especially internationals) has become a kicking game with teams too afraid to play with ball in hand. RU is becoming infested with wannabee thugs putting in sly punches where they think the ref cant see or just end up in a pushing match like a footy game. Either punch him or get on with the game. I also get pissed off in RL because they do just run at players which is stupid, the scrums are a joke and they always try and tackle to high and just get brushed aside.

Oh Bill, that quote has long been misquoted. It was originally written by an Irishman in a slightly longer form:

Rugby, a game for barbarians played by gentlemen, unless the players are French, in which case they're cheating cunts

LOL!

Rugby is another team sport (other then Ice Hockey) that Canada do well at! In 2008 we had this European tour we won Portugal but got trampled over by all the 3 Celtic nations.

The only team I TRULY SUPPORT in any sport is EVERTON.

The only other team that I perhaps come close to "supporting" is ENGLAND in the Cricket and Rugby.

I dont support any other club team but EFC, but would like to see some do well and occasionally check the results of;

SCOTTISH FOOTBALL

Dundee Utd (for no particular reason that I know of),

Berwick Rangers (coz they are only English team in Scotland).

ENGLISH FOOTBALL

Tranmere Rovers

Maghull FC

Bootle FC

Southport FC

Chester City FC

USA 'Sports' I dont give a toss about.

As for Rugby Union v Rugby League. For me Union wins hands down. I too find League to be very stop/start. Union is much more of a flowing game.

Not quite supporting them but I went with my lad a couple of days back to watch Guildford Heat play Newcastle Eagles in the BBL (basketball....Everton Tigers level). Not NBA for sure but it's pro and there were three Americans in each squad. Enjoyed it a lot, decent crowd, good atmosphere, dry ice, loud music etc and some quality sport (though I'm no expert).

Sadly Newcastle were much the better team (even though Guildford shot out to a sixteen point lead in the first quarter) and won much more comfortably than the 75-82 scoreline suggested.

Anyone seen (or thought of seeing) Everton?

• 3 weeks later...

I dislike all forms of Rugby(Union isn't as crap as League though), which makes it all the more difficult living in Canberra(Australia).

However, I do strongly support the mighty Essendon Bombers which are a Melbourne Aussie Rules team.

16 Premierships and counting!

In terms of soccer/football, I don't support any of the A-League teams here...I'm holding out for the FFA to give Canberra a license to have their own team.

I've even paid my $200 to be foundation member...but the FFA are cunts and are fucking us around so who knows when that will happen.

In the mean-time, I'm supporting any team that plays against Sydney FC. :)

...and obviously being an Australian I support the Socceroos. Kind of a given though mind you. ;)

Football: Everton and Hednesford Town

Rugby Union: Leinster and Ireland

Rugby League: St. Helens

Cricket: Not interested

Baseball: Don't give a flying ####

American Football: Not really bothered, but a soft spot for Dallas Cowboys as it is the first team I ever heard of.

Hurling: Dublin or Offaly

Gaelic Football: Dublin or Offaly

Don't really follow any other team sports.

Football: Everton And Perth Glory(Nearest Football team to were i live) and the socceroo's

Cricket: Australian Cricket team and who ever is playing the pom's, Western Warriors as well

AFL: the mighty West Coast Eagles

Rugby League: Melboure Storm (mainly due to lack of no team in WA)

Rugby Union: too slow and boring for me

Basketball: Lakers and Wildcats

and i do tend to have a soft spot for WI in cricket and Only real rivally 4 england is the ashes :)

Edited by Rturnz

• 2 weeks later...

Here's mine

Football: Everton, Wellington Phoenix, Orlando Pirates

Rugby: Natal Sharks, Springboks, Saracens

Cricket: South Africa, Nashua Dolphins, Canterbury Wizards

NFL: Denver Broncos

NBA: Oklahoma Thunder

That's it

Wellington hey

enjoy the thrashing that Melbourne gave them last night :)