IGNORED

Sunderland (home)

Romey 1878

I'll agree with that hammering Rom...

after DM's press rant about competition within the team and underperforming

I might even replace Cahill with Vaughan or something along those lines, Saha and Timmy make identical runss and get in each others way, and personally everything that Cahill neglects to do (or does clumsily) is starting to get on my nerves. But of course, he'll probably make me eat my words by netting the game winner some how.

I really hope we get at these early on and that Fellaini does as good as a job on Jones as he did the other week. After readin Moyes' wielding the axe remarks I think we may see at least one of Cahill, Saha or Billy dropped with the most likely being the latter with Osman coming in. If I was Moyes I would be trying to bring Pienaar back in the middle of the pitch until Arteta is fully fit. Osman is good there but Piennar is a different class and it seems stupid to not have him there providing we can get some sort of shift out wide from Billy or Ozzy.

I havent seen them play in recent weeks but I think (read hope) we will win and it will probably be Vaughan and/or Pienaar with about 5 mins left!

Edited by Bailey

I suppose it's not too early to start giving line-ups. Let's see..

Howard

Neville-Heitinga-Senderos-Baines

Dovonan-Ossie-Fellaini-Pienaar

Cahill

Vaughan

Subs: Coleman, Distin, Arteta, Billy, Saha.

I'd give Vaughan a start, get it into Saha's head that there is some competition about. Start Ossie ahead of Billy, and put Pienaar out on the left, hopefully get some of that Baines-Pienaar stuff that we enjoyed last year going on. I've thrown Senderos straight in at the deep end, simply because Distin has looked poor in the last few games, though I'm sure Moyes will disagree with me (on this and the Saha point, I'm sure).

I'd like to see Arteta get a few more minutes towards the end to ease him back in, and I'd love to see Coleman get a decent run out in the second half aswell (maybe on for Donners and push Neville into midfield with Ossie on the right).

I just hope we don't concede early on, and more to the point get at them from the start.

COYB, BlackCats? More like dirty off-white kittens.

What we don't want is negativity displayed towards the team after last weekends debacle. The players can help themselves here by getting into Sunderland from the off and being fast out of the traps. If they can achieve that I think Sunderlands' own fragile confidence at present can be smashed. Confident of a comfortable win B)

Edited by The Beard

What we don't want is negativity displayed towards the team after last weekends debacle. The players can help themselves here by getting into Sunderland from the off and being fast out of the traps. If they can achieve that I think Sunderlands' own fragile confidence at present can be smashed. Confident of a comfortable win B)

That's it.

I do think cahill is becoming an untouchable when it reality he should be seen as a squad player. He is not getting the goals of previous years and so another player in that support role (Bily/Piernar/Ossie) would be my choice. I also think vaughn should be given a go as I am not saha's biggest fan and I think he is now beleiving the hype after all the transfer news.

Ossie on the wing God no he is a CM and if played should be played there he is not like piernar who can play anywhere

I do think cahill is becoming an untouchable when it reality he should be seen as a squad player. He is not getting the goals of previous years and so another player in that support role (Bily/Piernar/Ossie) would be my choice. I also think vaughn should be given a go as I am not saha's biggest fan and I think he is now beleiving the hype after all the transfer news.

Ossie on the wing God no he is a CM and if played should be played there he is not like piernar who can play anywhere

Id be tempted to play both Saha and JV but make sure one of them drops a little deeper because Cahill is pretty much playing as an out and out striker, until latish in the second half if we are winning, which is when he can be used to come off the bench. Im sure Cahill and Saha are getting in each others way which is causing them both problems and its no coincidence IMO that since Felli moved back to DM and Cahill moved forward that his form has dropped (+ the contract issues). Saha is a player who thrives with space to play, in the gap between the defence and midfield which is where Cahill also like to play. JV leads the line a lot more which should give Saha more space to play and JV will drag a defender away. IMO JV is just as good in the air as Cahill (not necessarily scoring headers but long balls etc).

I would like to see it given a try and if it doesnt work then there is no harm done as the front two arent working now anyway!

I'm sadly still lacking confidence in our back line, but I think Felli will run the middle again and we'll take this one 3-1.

The team I think will play

-------Howard---------

Nev--Heit--Dist--Baines

----------Felli---------

Donovan--Osman---Pienaar

----------Cahill--------

----------Saha----------

The team I'd fancifully field

----------Howard--------

Coleman--Heit--Dist-Baines

-----------Nev----------

Donovan --- Felli --- Pienaar

-------Saha---Vaughan-----

Bit unbalanced I know, but I think we'll have enough to bully them about if we get at them from the off.

If we want to put a run together to the end of the season we need to be ruthless in front of goal. Starting with these, If Killagon plays its a big step up to play against Saha in his first Prem game for Sunderland so Louis should fancy this. Saying that he has looked like he cant be arsed the last few games...... COYB!!!

I'm sadly still lacking confidence in our back line, but I think Felli will run the middle again and we'll take this one 3-1.

The team I think will play

-------Howard---------

Nev--Heit--Dist--Baines

----------Felli---------

Donovan--Osman---Pienaar

----------Cahill--------

----------Saha----------

Looks like that's the formation.