IGNORED

Axel Witsel

Player of the tournament at the Euro U21's in 2015, played in all but one match in the 2016 Euros and played very well indicates to me that he is a very good player.

In my opinion is a better option that Witsel.

Sweden won that tournament but there are only two players in that swedish squad that I consider good enough for Everton.

You can be a world beater in the u21s and not good enough for senior premiership football.

Sweden won that tournament but there are only two players in that swedish squad that I consider good enough for Everton.

You can be a world beater in the u21s and not good enough for senior premiership football.

Yep and he played his part in helping Portugal win the Euros proper and plays regularly for Benfica a good European team. You dont get to do those things without being talented.

I agree, he is a very good player, im super impressed by him but Witsel is also a very good player. And seems to be on his way here. We are blessed to be linked to two great midfielders.

I really dont know which of them I would prefer but id be well happy with either.

I would say it is below France, Netherlands and on a par with Belgum.

Recent European results suggest otherwise. I'd say it's about on par with Portugal.

Yep and he played his part in helping Portugal win the Euros proper and plays regularly for Benfica a good European team. You dont get to do those things without being talented.

He plays regularly for Sporting actually, a bit below Benfica's level. Witsel however did play regularly for Benfica.

Not saying he is'nt a good player because he clearly is. Just that there isn't such a clear difference with Witsel that you should get your panties twisted.

I would say it is below France, Netherlands and on a par with Belgum.

Naah Zenit and CSKA have a budget ten times as big as Anderlecht and Club Brugge. Even Rubin Kazan, Locomotiv Moskow, Terek Grozny, Spartak Moskow, Anzhi Makhachkala are financially much more potent. And I can guarantee you that teams like Kazan and Rostov know pretty damn well how to play their football, not even mentioning CSKA and Zenit. Nah I think my comparison to the French league except PSG is more accurate than Belgium. I think you can compare the best Russian teams to Marseille and Lyon

Royston Drenthe won player of the tournament at the Euro U21s once as well, and you should have seen his teammates Ryan Babel and top-goalscorer Maceo Rigters! It's a youth competition and pretty much meaningless. Congrats on him being a Portugal international, he's not likely to be shit but that's about all that tells you.

I guess time will tell on how good he is. Just wondering why you think Witsel is a better option?

Recent European results suggest otherwise. I'd say it's about on par with Portugal.

He plays regularly for Sporting actually, a bit below Benfica's level. Witsel however did play regularly for Benfica.

Not saying he is'nt a good player because he clearly is. Just that there isn't such a clear difference with Witsel that you should get your panties twisted.

Witsel played regularly for Benfica for 1 season before joining Zenit.

Panties are fine thanks for asking, takes a hell of allot more than a conversation about midfielders to get them into a twist.

I guess time will tell on how good he is. Just wondering why you think Witsel is a better option?

I'm not saying Witsel is a better option as I haven't seen enough of Carvalho to have an informed opinion of him. However, I have seen enough to know he isn't some world beater and that it wouldn't be a crazy move by Everton to prefer Witsel over Carvalho.

Naah Zenit and CSKA have a budget ten times as big as Anderlecht and Club Brugge. Even Rubin Kazan, Locomotiv Moskow, Terek Grozny, Spartak Moskow, Anzhi Makhachkala are financially much more potent. And I can guarantee you that teams like Kazan and Rostov know pretty damn well how to play their football, not even mentioning CSKA and Zenit. Nah I think my comparison to the French league except PSG is more accurate than Belgium. I think you can compare the best Russian teams to Marseille and Lyon

In terms of money I agree with you, in terms of quality of the league and football played I don't think that Russia are better than France or the Netherlands.

Edited by London Blue

I'm not saying Witsel is a better option as I haven't seen enough of Carvalho to have an informed opinion of him. However, I have seen enough to know he isn't some world beater and that it wouldn't be a crazy move by Everton to prefer Witsel over Carvalho.

Game of opinions we will have to wait and see, whoever we sign I will be cheering them on.

There is one major advantage to Witsel, compared to any other midfielder in the world. Leicester's central defense will want to physically steer way clear of him (Wasilewski) hehehe :D If you have a stomach made of steel, search 'witsel wasilewski' on Youtube.

So just put Witsel as a striker against Leicester :D

Stop with the 120k a week crap. That was a journo making stuff up. The semi credible hour is said its 60k a week and 20-25m pounds. It's not 30m and 120k a week guys just relax.

We need this type of player. If koeman likes him and can utilize him in his system then let's get him in.

There is absolutely no way he'll be on 60 a week Niasse is on that it'll be three figures without a doubt.

Dunc there is no smoke without fire mate, I think it's footballs worst kept secret that we've bid and put a contractboffer on the table. Every major news outlet, ITK, Everton forum and Everton page have reported it.

I've no problem with him going elsewhere for the money, just fucking hurry up and do it because I'm sick to the back teeth of it's on, it's off, he wants more money, a bigger signing on fee, he wants to go to Italy and the gazillion other reasons he's not signed. If he does sign now half the fanbase wont want him, if he doesn't get off to a flier he'll be an expensive floo because the fans will be on his back.

The point is its all speculation, nobody actually knows what he has been offered or even if he's had an offer

Unless Zenit have accepted a bid and given us permission to speak to him then surely any offer we have made to the player is tapping him up?

The point is its all speculation, nobody actually knows what he has been offered or even if he's had an offer

Unless Zenit have accepted a bid and given us permission to speak to him then surely any offer we have made to the player is tapping him up?

Not really we'll of done it all through his agent, his agent will say if it's acceptable.

The thing is even if we've made an offer through his agent and they think it's acceptable, he can't accept it until we've agreed a fee and been given permission to speak to him. All this about he's had our offer 3 weeks and he hasn't signed, is irrelevant if we've only just had an offer accepted. Also he only returned to zenit only Friday, and handed in a transfer request, so it may be that they hoped he would sign a new contract. Should start moving one way or the other this week.

The thing is even if we've made an offer through his agent and they think it's acceptable, he can't accept it until we've agreed a fee and been given permission to speak to him. All this about he's had our offer 3 weeks and he hasn't signed, is irrelevant if we've only just had an offer accepted. Also he only returned to zenit only Friday, and handed in a transfer request, so it may be that they hoped he would sign a new contract. Should start moving one way or the other this week.

It's been reported for ages the we have an agreement in place with Zenit for a while and the reason he isn't joining any other teamat the moment is that no one has matched our offer.

It's been reported for ages the we have an agreement in place with Zenit for a while and the reason he isn't joining any other teamat the moment is that no one has matched our offer.

Zenit's manager just yesterday contradicted everyone who has reported anything like Everton having a deal in place with Zenit.