IGNORED

Lukas Podolski

On the left of a front three with Rom and Gerry, I'd take that.

That's exactly where I see him. Lukakus role in the 3-0 home win against Arsenal 2 years ago.

I think he's exactly the type of player we need to push us on.

His age is slightly against him.

He did. I don't think he's ever played on the left.

Because he's left footed I think, thinking about his goal he cut in from the right didn't he.

What a wanker I am :lol:

Anyway, I still would like to see Podolski ON THE LEFT doing the job Lukaku did (albeit on the right) that day.

Podolski Lukaku and Mirallas in a forward 3 with Geri and Lennon on the bench...

Would be decent .

Because he's left footed I think, thinking about his goal he cut in from the right didn't he.

What a wanker I am :lol:

Anyway, I still would like to see Podolski ON THE LEFT doing the job Lukaku did (albeit on the right) that day.

Podolski Lukaku and Mirallas in a forward 3 with Geri and Lennon on the bench...

Would be decent .

Shame we'll never see it even if we actually had those players :(.

Because he's just not the type of player we end up getting . He's on 110k a week he'll get offered that elsewhere. He wont come here for 70k a week. He's 30 now and it'll probably be his last move.

That's why.

Edited by Paddock

Because he's just not the type of player we end up getting . He's on 110k a week he'll get offered that elsewhere. He wont come here for 70k a week. He's 30 now and it'll probably be his last move.

That's why.

Wasn't Barry on 120k a week, and took a 50% pay cut to get regular game time? I know it's slightly different in his case, it was (most likely) his last move.

Wasn't Barry on 120k a week, and took a 50% pay cut to get regular game time? I know it's slightly different in his case, it was (most likely) his last move.

I agree - Micah Richards has just signed for Villa by accepting less than what he was offered elsewhere so for some players it is about the opportunity to play at the right club not just wages.

Put it this way if he does sign for us it will be for the right reasons. If he goes and follows the money then we are best off without.

At 30 years of age after becoming a multi millionaire I'm sure the money will be less of a priority despite having won the world cup. Some like Eto just cant get enough and they are the ones who disgust me.

Ok, lets see where he ends up. We're clearly interested in him (according to various sources anyway) so lets see if he signs.

I'd absolutely love him to though and will be overjoyed if I'm proved wrong.

If 1.5 mil is true though we have to be having a serious look at him. If Martinez can pull off some of these names listed, this could be the best window we've had in a long long time.

He's got an absolute mallet in his left foot - but extremely accurate too. For me it would be like seeing Andrei Kanchelskis again. Not too concerned with placing (although he can finish) - just hit it that hard that the keeper will wish he never tried to save it.

He's got an absolute mallet in his left foot - but extremely accurate too. For me it would be like seeing Andrei Kanchelskis again. Not too concerned with placing (although he can finish) - just hit it that hard that the keeper will wish he never tried to save it.

He's not got the pace to be a winger like AK, has he?

He's not got the pace to be a winger like AK, has he?

No - not many players are a quick as Andrei was, but he hits the ball like andrei did - right through the middle with his laces.

Kanchelskis was a freak, if he was around today with his "1995 attributes" he would be worth £70m plus. I remember his debut against Southampton I was sat near the left of the goal at the park end and he hit the ball on the half volley I was 20m away from it, it either hit the cross bar or went over but put it this way, I dont think the keeper wanted to get in the way of it. Must have been in excess of 95 mph. I remmber looking around me and almost every fan had a look of astonishment on their face.

Apparently he used to do kick ups with a medicine ball...

No - not many players are a quick as Andrei was, but he hits the ball like andrei did - right through the middle with his laces.

Kanchelskis was a freak, if he was around today with his "1995 attributes" he would be worth £70m plus. I remember his debut against Southampton I was sat near the left of the goal at the park end and he hit the ball on the half volley I was 20m away from it, it either hit the cross bar or went over but put it this way, I dont think the keeper wanted to get in the way of it. Must have been in excess of 95 mph. I remmber looking around me and almost every fan had a look of astonishment on their face.

Apparently he used to do kick ups with a medicine ball...

I remember Kanchelskis legging it past my seat when I had my season ticket in the paddock. The guy was a blur most of the time :D

Kanchelskis was the first player I hero worshipped. The man was amazing and whenever I played footy with my mates I always made sure I was him :lol:. I even got to meet him... I don't think I got a word out of my mouth. I was totally starstruck.

I was always Limpar back in the day, Ossie when in my teens :)

I was always Limpar back in the day, Ossie when in my teens :)

I loved Limpar - that goal against Leicester (I think) was awesome, centre of the goal and hit a straight angled shot into the top corner. Didn't curl it and play the percentages, went across his body and relied on pure precision.

It just always amazes me when people dismiss a rumours as "no chance" because they think players wouldn't want to come and play for us

If we were talking Messi or Ronaldo then fair enough

Totally agree and I think if we are interested in him then there is a good chance we will get him, and we are are better option than Galatasaray with all the troubles going on in Turkey!

He would bring a fair amount of assists and a few goals but above all a winning mentality...... Cmon Roberto sign him up.

Edited by Sherpa

It just always amazes me when people dismiss a rumours as "no chance" because they think players wouldn't want to come and play for us

If we were talking Messi or Ronaldo then fair enough

It's not just the fact he wouldn't play for us it's his wages. Yes Barry took a pay cut but he was 33, this lad will get a move for the wages he is on now.

If we were the only one in for him fair enough but just like Milner, there will be bigger fish in the pond who can pay higher wages than us .

Especially at the price being banded about.

Edited by Paddock