IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Official vote which won him the award. The clubs website. Also the official vote of colleagues which also won him players player.

Ah, you mean the Everton player of the season award. If you put "official" in quotation makes, it makes it look less "official". Also, it's just a collection of votes at the end of the day. But when the winner of the "official" vote is in agreement with the lads you are arguing it makes said argument seem pretty pointless. If you get my point?

To add to your "official" vote, big voters on polls like that always go to the headline grabbers anyway. Kids like to vote, that's just what happens.

And also why Little Mix won X Factor. Obviously!

Ah, you mean the Everton player of the season award. If you put "official" in quotation makes, it makes it look less "official". Also, it's just a collection of votes at the end of the day. But when the winner of the "official" vote is in agreement with the lads you are arguing it makes said argument seem pretty pointless. If you get my point?

To add to your "official" vote, big voters on polls like that always go to the headline grabbers anyway. Kids like to vote, that's just what happens.

And also why Little Mix won X Factor. Obviously!

If you say so. Players must be wrong too then.

Tbh mate, I think it's embarrassing you think people on here are more qualified to talk football than ex pro's managers and a like. I really do.

I guess it's only current players who are wrong. As you were all in with ex pros earlier tonight.

I think this proves the point though. From what I've read, no one who you are up against (is it 5 or 6, I lost count! And I'm not included...put me in the neutral corner!) is saying Coleman did not deserve his accolades. He did. He got them, so he must have. He took us all by surprise last season. Probably himself too. The thing is, you are so hell bent on your own view(s) that you miss the point of what others are saying. You misinterpret their comments. Then you get all defensive and go into a bit of a 'child' mode...short sulky answers, sarcasm, ignore questions, throw insults, copy other people's words etc. And then it just gets messy.

Sometimes we all have to step back, take a breath, reflect...and start again.

You do realise I was being sarky... Hence the edit. The others being dropped doesn't dilute the fact that origi was chosen ahead of him . Origi looks a player, a real player.

Mirallas looks an option upfront.

Yeah, so was I. As in 'who's lukaku?' Pah.

I think this proves the point though. From what I've read, no one who you are up against (is it 5 or 6, I lost count! And I'm not included...put me in the neutral corner!) is saying Coleman did not deserve his accolades. He did. He got them, so he must have. He took us all by surprise last season. Probably himself too. The thing is, you are so hell bent on your own view(s) that you miss the point of what others are saying. You misinterpret their comments. Then you get all defensive and go into a bit of a 'child' mode...short sulky answers, sarcasm, ignore questions, throw insults, copy other people's words etc. And then it just gets messy.

Sometimes we all have to step back, take a breath, reflect...and start again.

No the point is this - I think McCarthy is overrated. I've seen him misplace passes in dangerous areas. Cost us goals, which I've mentioned and offered very little going forward. He is limited on a whole. I don't rate him that highly and pisses me off when people say he's the lynch pin.... Etc etc as though we'd fall apart without him. then base it on one game. We'd still be a good side without McCarthy. Convinced of that.

No the point is this - I think McCarthy is overrated. I've seen him misplace passes in dangerous areas. Cost us goals, which I've mentioned and offered very little going forward. He is limited on a whole. I don't rate him that highly and pisses me off when people say he's the lynch pin.... Etc etc as though we'd fall apart without him. then base it on one game. We'd still be a good side without McCarthy. Convinced of that.

See, honestly Cotto, I've got no interest in going into it in depth. Honestly haven't. It's not my 'argument'. BUT..you have done it again...nobody has said he is the lynch pin, or anything similar. See, because your pissed off, you start saying things that nobody else has said, and imply things that aren't true. I can see a number of people rolling eyes and shrugging shoulders with what you have just said about Mccarthy. Tempted myself!

Like I said, it's good to take a step back sometimes.

See, honestly Cotto, I've got no interest in going into it in depth. Honestly haven't. It's not my 'argument'. BUT..you have done it again...nobody has said he is the lynch pin, or anything similar. See, because your pissed off, you start saying things that nobody else has said, and imply things that aren't true. I can see a number of people rolling eyes and shrugging shoulders with what you have just said about Mccarthy. Tempted myself!

Like I said, it's good to take a step back sometimes.

Don't make me go and find it. I've seen him described as the lynch pin on here amongst other things.

Barry was a revelation alongside the quicker, hungrier McCarthy.

Barkley was allowed licence to roam and express himself because McCarthy was there (alongside Barry) to clear up his messes

Coleman was able to get forward more because he had cover from McCarthy, who (like Barry with Baines) covered the RB area during an attack.

The point is that McCarthy was instrumental, truly a lynch pin and deserves just as much, if not more, recognition as those you mentioned. He was my player of the year for exactly the reasons mentioned above and more.

Now take back what you said. :)

I'm man enough to say 'ok, fair enough, someone used the word lynch pin. My bad. I was wrong'. It's not a problem, we all get things wrong, some of them minor and not worth a mention. But hey ho. You can learn a lot from that approach.

I'm man enough to say 'ok, fair enough, someone used the word lynch pin. My bad. I was wrong'. It's not a problem, we all get things wrong, some of them minor and not worth a mention. But hey ho. You can learn a lot from that approach.

I was joking.

Actually after trying to be helpful in those last few posts, trying to make you see why people go against you. I take it all back.

I've just realised I have a PM sent to me a couple of hours ago from one MiguelCotto titled 'Troll'. I open it, and it says 'WUM'.

What an absolute childish waste of space.

fuck it, I'm gonna do cotto a favour here....

McCarthy is best player in the premier, Coleman's shite and only scores when McCarthy does his defending for him.... What else... Errrmmm McCarthy even though he only scored one goal deserves all the credit for everyone else's goals....

Actually after trying to be helpful in those last few posts, trying to make you see why people go against you. I take it all back.I've just realised I have a PM sent to me a couple of hours ago from one MiguelCotto titled 'Troll'. I open it, and it says 'WUM'.What an absolute childish waste of space.

Yes, because your first post in this thread was that of a WUM. Completely off topic and aimed at me. As I said not surprised one bit it's not the first time either and don't try and make out you've been trying to help me. All your post in here are patronising.

fuck it, I'm gonna do cotto a favour here....McCarthy is best player in the premier, Coleman's shite and only scores when McCarthy does his defending for him.... What else... Errrmmm McCarthy even though he only scored one goal deserves all the credit for everyone else's goals....

The way you shine up his ass you should have said world mate. Better than Messi.