IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

That seems rather narrow-minded. Say we secure Atsu on loan and he has an unbelieavble season, and scores the goal that clinches us champs league football next season. Will you still be against loan moves?

It's rather narrow minded to jump to the assumption he's talking about Atsu and not Lukaku and coming on loan yet again :)

The thing is Mark his world cup performances did him no favours nor Chelsea so in today's daft market he's reasonably priced

If he stays at Chelsea or goes elsewhere and performs well and scores as many or more than he did here his price will likely go beyond our reach, it could go completely the other way but the chances are with how well he's done in his two previous loan spells is unlikely

For me it's either now or never

Edited by EFC-Paul

The thing is Mark his world cup performances did him no favours nor Chelsea so in today's daft market he's reasonably priced

If he stays at Chelsea or goes elsewhere and performs well and scores as many or more than he did here his price will likely go beyond our reach, it could go completely the other way but the chances are with how well he's done in his two previous lon spells is unlikely

For me it's either now or never

Couldn't agree more. Absolutely spot on this.

That seems rather narrow-minded. Say we secure Atsu on loan and he has an unbelieavble season, and scores the goal that clinches us champs league football next season. Will you still be against loan moves?

Where did I say I'm against loan moves? Nowhere. I don't want Lukaku on loan again. If we can't get him permanently then I don't want him at all and want us to go out and buy a main striker.

To be honest, I'd rather have Lukaku on loan than Kone leading the line, but that's probably a false choice, and I'd rather bring Lukaku or someone else in on a permanent. Maybe if we can't nab Lukaku now, we can bring in a striker or two on a permanent AND Lukaku on a loan just before the deadline if Chelsea decide that he's excess.

I think a lot of you forget how inaffective he was when coming back from injury last season. If he didn't score he didn't contribute.

I'm really not bothered either way so long as we sign a main striker.

He's 21 and a typical striker, bone idle at times. With the right coaching and guidance he has the potential to be as good as Drogba. If (and it's a big if at the minute) he even gets nearly as good as him he will not only score goals he'll be a sound investment by the club.

Where did I say I'm against loan moves? Nowhere. I don't want Lukaku on loan again. If we can't get him permanently then I don't want him at all and want us to go out and buy a main striker.

Don't want another loan deal.

This was right after someone posted about a loan deal for Atsu. I thought you were referring to that post, and thus referencing ANY loan deals. My mistake.

16.45 BST Some big news now on Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku with reports that Wolfsburg have emerged from the shadows to steal into poll position for his signature.

The Bundesliga side signed Kevin De Bruyne from Chelsea in an 18 million pound deal in January and they could be about to sign his Belgium teammate for a similar figure.

Will Everton or Juventus respond?

Good news for VfL Wolfsburg! Romelu Lukaku is really near to joins VfL for a 25mio transfer. More info to come.

From espn fc

Edited by markjazzbassist

RM has been quoted as saying we will get him;

"In a clip the fans could be heard asking: “Robby, can we get Lukaku?”

And Martinez abruptly told supporters the Belgian would be back at Goodison Park next season.

“Of course, of course we’ll get him,” the Spaniard replied with a smile across his face"

I don't think he is the type of manager to say something like that unless he had something to back it up.

And Martinez abruptly told supporters the Belgian would be back at Goodison Park next season.

“Of course, of course we’ll get him,” the Spaniard replied with a smile across his face"

I don't think he is the type of manager to say something like that unless he had something to back it up.

To be fair, it looked like he was just humoring some fans in the video. I don't think it's has much relevance but that doesn't seem to be the popular interpretation. I sure hope it's almost done.

here is the video oh what he is describing

The source that the espn report came from was some german wanna be journo woth 500 followers.... Who also said sammy khedira had signed for arsenal a few weeks back so that story has no credibility.

Seems to be gaining serious legs that rom is goodison bound. I went on sky bet to check the odds before and the betting has been suspended.

So something is due to go down. I personaly think if it comes

Off and we are able to agree the perminant deal with someone with the profile of romelu lukaku spells a massive turning point for are club.

If you watch the video below and take note of the way rom

Speaks and handles himself i can see why roberto has struck such a good relationship with him

And thinks so highly of him.

Check out this video on YouTube:

On skybets official verified twitter it says this.....

BETTING SUSPENDED on Romelu Lukaku's next club after we have seen a flood of money come in for him to join Wolfsburg!

Im so confused i dont know whay to think!! It feels like that moment in the films at the train station when someone is running with open arms as if they are going to hug you then they run straight past and hug the person behind.... The person behind being wolfberg :(

On skybets official verified twitter it says this.....

BETTING SUSPENDED on Romelu Lukaku's next club after we have seen a flood of money come in for him to join Wolfsburg!

Im so confused i dont know whay to think!! It feels like that moment in the films at the train station when someone is running with open arms as if they are going to hug you then they run straight past and hug the person behind.... The person behind being wolfberg :(

First posts today in three years and no explanation Jackelz, where've you been :shaking fist:.

First posts today in three years and no explanation Jackelz, where've you been :shaking fist:.

Haha! I know!

Not really sure why i drifted away but for the past 12 months i have still read the forum as a guest and only today thought ... Should start posting again. (Getting involved with the lukaku saga!)

another reason why i acctually started up again was partly to do with yourself. I was truely

Touched by your thread in the off topic doscussion that i found as i was scrolling around last week when the transfere news was quiet.

I had goosebumps as i read through each post and am very happy that all is well with yourself. I have very fond memeries

Of this board and lots of the Posters with with yourself being an integral part of that along with mark.. Licker(bill) mac & aaron i know some of these are still around which is great to see.

Anyways i plan to stick around now! Good to be back! Hopefully rom will be saying the same thing to everton fc tommorow!!